Women & Weddings - WTF?!

Started by bennydorano, October 02, 2014, 07:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Youse are all doing it wrong. How the feck are ya meant to cop of with one of the bridesmaid if you bring the missus with ya? Leave her at home with the wans and tell her you can't afford a childminder.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

AZOffaly

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 03, 2014, 01:39:33 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 03, 2014, 01:09:38 PM
Quote from: Brick Tamlin on October 03, 2014, 01:00:19 PM
I love for a female member of this board to come and explain or try and rationalise why they do these things. Genuinely.

There are only about 2 women on this board,  this is very much an alpha board!!!!

Maybe I am blessed but when she and me go out (which is not that often but will increase significantly now that BC1 junior is babysitting age  ;D) she will hmm and haa about what to wear but no fake tan, no big issue about the hairdressers etc.  We are both of the opinion that what other people think of us is none of our business so we please each other!!!
You could done with some make-up for your recent appearance on camera  :D

My mother-in-law is of the opinion that the bigger the wedding the less likely the couple will be happy. She thinks that spending shitloads of money puts a lot of pressure on the couple from day one and some women might expect that married life will be the bed of roses the wedding day was. There may be a grain of truth in that now but there seems to a trend towards lavish weddings that the couple expect the guests to fund through cash donations in lieu of the dinner services and suitcases of old.

I fairness I think the cash presents is largely a modern phenomenon because of the fact that most people getting married already live together and so they are likely to already have the toaster, bed sheets and cutlery sets.

laoislad

I love for a female member of this board to come and explain or try and rationalise why they do these things. Genuinely.

There are only about 2 women on this board,  this is very much an alpha board!!!!

No sign of Rois or nrico2006 today though.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 03, 2014, 01:56:58 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 03, 2014, 01:39:33 PM

Maybe I am blessed but when she and me go out (which is not that often but will increase significantly now that BC1 junior is babysitting age  ;D) she will hmm and haa about what to wear but no fake tan, no big issue about the hairdressers etc.  We are both of the opinion that what other people think of us is none of our business so we please each other!!!
You could done with some make-up for your recent appearance on camera  :D

My mother-in-law is of the opinion that the bigger the wedding the less likely the couple will be happy. She thinks that spending shitloads of money puts a lot of pressure on the couple from day one and some women might expect that married life will be the bed of roses the wedding day was. There may be a grain of truth in that now but there seems to a trend towards lavish weddings that the couple expect the guests to fund through cash donations in lieu of the dinner services and suitcases of old.

I fairness I think the cash presents is largely a modern phenomenon because of the fact that most people getting married already live together and so they are likely to already have the toaster, bed sheets and cutlery sets.

Are George Foremans no longer acceptable presents?
Shit, I've still one in the attic to dole out to some unsuspecting newly weds!

AZOffaly

I've an attic full of Newbridge cutlery :)

Brick Tamlin

Im tellin ye its a womens world.
They are getting it all their own way and they are turnin some fellas into women too.
There used to be a groomin thread on here a locka years ago and it would have ye worried the craic fellas be at these days.
Ye hear about fellas these days at sunbeds and fake tan and fuckin hari straighteners etc.

Hereiam

Brick I know young lads getting there fuckin eye brows waxed. No lie.

johnneycool

Quote from: Hereiam on October 03, 2014, 02:43:27 PM
Brick I know young lads getting there fuckin eye brows waxed. No lie.

What, has the mono-brow look gone?

Brick Tamlin

I had a wee silver eyebrow hair sprout up there while back and I just pulled the wee f**ker out. il be keeping an eye out for him again like but its a long way from waxing and the likes. If a fella is using hair straighteners or tanning himself then he has issues. He needs to take stock and ask himself some serious questions.
Then again he is probably best friends with a load of women and spends time drinkin with them in coffee shops and the likes on big sofas. Probably buys them birthday presents and all.
Sickening.

laoislad

I'm big into the hair straighteners myself.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

johnneycool

Never give the back a bit of a shave? Those hairy angel wings need kept in check.

Brick Tamlin

That actually sounds bad. It wasn't that is was a wee grey hair but rather a wee straggler and was annoying me. A wee curler.

ziggysego

Quote from: BennyCake on October 03, 2014, 12:35:09 PM
On the tan issue - why do women need to look like they have fallen into a bucket of custard? Can their mates or mothers not have a word and tell them how ridiculous they look.

Seen photos lately of a night out my niece had a few weeks ago. All caked up like geishas or something. But one of her mates, 19 or 20, absolutely beautiful girl, looked a mess. Like she had her make up applied with Homer's make up gun. There was no need for her to have anything other than the lips and eyes done. I didn't even recognise her. Why do they feel that this is attractive or what men find attractive? Jesus it was brutal.

Stop perving on your niece's friends.
Testing Accessibility

ardtole

They are not under pressure from the men but more pressure among themselves trying to outdo each other.