Paul Earley's Ireland International Rules Squad

Started by Rossfan, October 02, 2014, 05:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chimley

Quote from: INDIANA on November 22, 2014, 11:45:18 AM
Once most of the Mayo players vacated the scene and we got the warriors in Donnelly,Mc Manus, Hughes and Co on things improved immeasurably.

The tactics were a disaster early on and the management have to take the flak for it. But it's no game for the Colm O Neill's of this world. As brilliant a gaelic footballer he is he's not suited to this.

Mc manus was exceptional when he came on. Changed the game.

Saved face and if the Aussies bring a full whack over next year for one test then its worth persevering with.

And you too. Lazy and insulting.

maigheo

Jeez Indiana but you are an ignorant oaf.I know you like to give the impression that you know something about sport but I doubt you ever kicked a ball in your life.I also know you do not like Mayo people but slagging off amateur players is the height of ignorance.And by the way there were still 3 Mayo players on when Ireland made there comeback

BennyCake

Murphy was disappointing. Did very little. That goal chance, I would've put my house on him scoring it.

Canalman

Only saw 2nd half and thought it was ok . Rule tweaks have improved game imo. Made it fairer for the Australians. Wouldn't have rated the "game" in the past.

Great to see so many Irish at the game and hope they enjoyed themselves. Plenty of Dublin jerseys in the crowd .

Easy to see the difference in speed , fitness, strength between professional athletes and our guys.

Schkite

Feck it, just realised McManus was the top Irish scorer. Meant to stick a few quid on him, great odds even after his scoring last year. Well done to him for winning the Irish player of the series award too, showed up well in the second half. He had a hectic build up aswell with the late flight out etc.

Chimley

Quote from: Schkite on November 22, 2014, 12:16:33 PM
Feck it, just realised McManus was the top Irish scorer. Meant to stick a few quid on him, great odds even after his scoring last year. Well done to him for winning the Irish player of the series award too, showed up well in the second half. He had a hectic build up aswell with the late flight out etc.

He took a few lovely marks too. Played very well.

Christmas Lights

How does Ross Mullenley keep making these teams

ONeill

This picking Mayo players thingy has to stop. It's killing the series.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Sidney

Quote from: ONeill on November 22, 2014, 12:48:26 PM
Either pick Ciaran McDonald or pick none at all.

lawnseed

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

From the Bunker

Have to agree. Disgrace these lads give their time to this Mickey Mouse game! The game is a nice 'pretend its important game' for some players who don't get to play in big games anymore!  ;D

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 22, 2014, 01:17:04 PM

Have to agree. Disgrace these lads give their time to this Mickey Mouse game! The game is a nice 'pretend its important game' for some players who don't get to play in big games anymore!  ;D

Like Lee Keegan?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on November 22, 2014, 01:22:58 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 22, 2014, 01:17:04 PM

Like Lee Keegan?

No! and i was not replying to you! Butt out!

DUBSFORSAM1

Shocking skill levels from the Irish players. 0-17-5 to 2-9-7......hard to believe the Aussies far better at putting the ball over the bar after a couple of weeks practice.

Maroon Manc

Tactically found wanting in the first half, the Aussies had dear more time and space on the ball and didn't panic, we were the opposite, obviously the second half we got going but it was too late.

Murphy & O'Shea have obviously been criticised a lot but surprised nobody has mentioned Pierce Hanley considering the hype that appears to surround him, he was very poor.