Paul Earley's Ireland International Rules Squad

Started by Rossfan, October 02, 2014, 05:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Ed Hardy on November 18, 2014, 07:25:54 AM
Is the game on tv this Saturday?

Aye, it's on TG4 on Saturday..coverage starts at 9.15am.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

Rossfan

Better get th'oul telly set up in the bedroom so  :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Pearce couldn't keep up with the scoring of his fellow Ballagh man. Always next time.

Aerlik

Fekkit, my main man Fyfe got injured and will miss the game.  Ah well, better get the man right for next season.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

BennyCake

Kickouts beyond the 45? What happens if it drops short? And what happens if you're kicking into a gale force wind?

DennistheMenace

For once I'm actually looking forward to this.

I'm not a massive fan of the game itself but the fact the Aussies have their best players available it will give us a good insight into the difference in physicality and fitness. Ireland should be big underdogs for this.

Can you get TG4 online?

Hardy

I've just found out I have to watch on Saturday. The young lad is going to it, so her indoors insists we watch in case we see him in the crowd.

Look out for him. He'll be the one NOT wearing the stupid leprechaun hat-beard.

BennyCake

Quote from: Hardy on November 20, 2014, 11:11:11 AM
I've just found out I have to watch on Saturday. The young lad is going to it, so her indoors insists we watch in case we see him in the crowd.

You won't need to give him a slap when he gets home then.

Jinxy

Quote from: Hardy on November 20, 2014, 11:11:11 AM

You should get her 'skype' for Christmas Hardy.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AlriteHorse

Met the squad last night at a function. Thought I woulda seen Aerlik knocking around but no luck. Where have ye been hiding?
Anyway, Marty Morrisey was there and tried to get the audience to say 4 or 5 different phrases promoting GAAgo. Needless to say, it didn't work too well.

There will be an exhibition gaelic game before the Main event with members from all clubs represented across two teams. Looking forward to a runout on Patersons/Subiaco Stadium. Seems to be a large crowd expected.
Allez les bleus! Forza azzurri!

screenexile

I think the kickout over the 45 rule is an absolute clinker and will encourage aerial contests again. If it works well they should introduce it into our game. High fielding has basically disappeared except for Donaghy and Neil Gallagher.

A great high catch is better than any score in my opinion. . .

WT4E

Quote from: screenexile on November 20, 2014, 12:20:55 PM
I think the kickout over the 45 rule is an absolute clinker and will encourage aerial contests again. If it works well they should introduce it into our game. High fielding has basically disappeared except for Donaghy and Neil Gallagher.

+1  :D

My heart sinks everytime (in club or county) when someone makes a brilliant field and then when he lands he's hounded into submission and the ref gives a free against.  :(

illdecide

Guys sorry if this has been stated but ive just worked out its on TG4 but what time will it be on at considering the time difference?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

DennistheMenace

muppet

Quote from: screenexile on November 20, 2014, 12:20:55 PM

Dunno there are a couple of others in the squad who can make a fetch (Aidan Walsh is another), although the Aussies are masters of the spectacular catch.

MWWSI 2017