Up for the match

Started by AZOffaly, September 20, 2014, 11:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: Sidney on September 21, 2014, 12:55:53 AM
Quote from: whitey on September 21, 2014, 12:50:19 AM
Jaysus....its time to kill this $hite.  Lets try something rad.....get that hot lesbo Rose of Tralee to host it next year and have her run the show
Do you not consider the current female host to be hot enough?

Without a doubt...but I now have a visual of her plahmahsing with Daniel O Donnell which ruins everything

Aaron Boone

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 20, 2014, 11:12:46 PM
So kerry only have 35 all Irelands, and they also won the one in the polo grounds apparently.  Not a clue.

It's time Cavan did the decent thing and declare 'Black 47' a Kerry win. The nation demands it.

Sidney

Quote from: Aaron Boone on September 21, 2014, 01:23:31 AM
So kerry only have 35 all Irelands, and they also won the one in the polo grounds apparently.  Not a clue.
It's time Cavan did the decent thing and declare 'Black 47' a Kerry win. The nation demands it.
Kerry might have won in 1947 but Dublin won in 1984 and 1985, memorably becoming the last team to do three in a row.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Sidney on September 21, 2014, 01:41:01 AM
Kerry might have won in 1947 but Dublin won in 1984 and 1985, memorably becoming the last team to do three in a row.
If Kerry won in '47, then we'll claim 97 & 06. To make surre they are on 35 All-Irelands! ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Sidney on September 21, 2014, 01:41:01 AM

Dublin did a unique 3-in-a-row in 1983.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

FFS !!
Thankfully stopped watching it about 10 years ago.
Looks like I was right.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hardy

The Boy Wonder

Up for the Match can be enjoyable but the presenters are just not suited to the programme.
I enjoyed Killian Burn's monologue and Daniel (like him or loathe him) gave a fine rendition of The Boys of Killybegs.
It's a good build up to the match with enjoyable anecdotes from some of the guests. You get to know past players a bit better too.
The clip of yer wan in the kitchen going mental watching Kerry match on tv was brilliant.

muppet

Even if Mayo were playing Mayo, in both matches, I wouldn't watch Up for the match.

MWWSI 2017

BennyCake

I seem to remember in 2003 the program turned into a program about Kerry and Dublin. When it should have been about Armagh and (to a lesser extent) Tyrone. Maybe RTE just couldn't hack that 2 Ulster teams were in the final.

Asal Mor

I thought it was quite good, especially the part about Paidi with Dessie and Tomas. Lots of unintentionally funny parts too. I like it in the same way I enjoy the Eurovision.

AZOffaly

It's candy floss for the eyes. But when someone like Des Cahill is so out with his facts, it's just bad.

Jinxy

Quote from: muppet on September 21, 2014, 12:31:13 PM
Even if Mayo were playing Mayo, in both matches, I wouldn't watch Up for the match.

Ye would still manage to lose somehow.  :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Jinxy on September 22, 2014, 11:51:05 AM
Quote from: muppet on September 21, 2014, 12:31:13 PM

Ye would still manage to lose somehow.  :D

No it would be draw after draw after draw etc... I think it could be where your heading for eternity Jinxy unless you clean up your act!! ;D ;D

Jinxy

Cormac Reilly to ref it as well.
If you were any use you'd be playing.