Ignorance

Started by mikehunt, September 15, 2014, 04:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehunt

Was waiting to get on the Luas outside Heuston this morning and there was a lady in a wheelchair waiting to get on. It was rush hour(ish) and the Luas was busy before anyone got on. I've seen a lot of ignorant people over the years but never so many at the one time. They couldn't get on quick enough and left the poor woman struggling for space to get on. I'd say maybe 10 people burst on before her (4 of us left after she got on). I'm usually good at calling people up on their rudeness/ignorance but was left speechless. There's no changing people that could do that, all supposed adults. Selfishness and the lack of thought for others is one of the reasons this country is in the mess it is. Hard not to feel ill will towards those that did it.

Under Lights

"Strictly speaking she doesn't even need another chair!" Will McKenzie

Under Lights

People are people- common courtesy is now dead, people are all about what they can get no matter the expense of others at least you can go home tonight knowing that you didn't barge past- that's all you can do. No matter how much I try I can't control the thoughts or minds of other people.

Dinny Breen

Hate the Luas, full of gougers and ignorant commuters, hard to say who are worse.
#newbridgeornowhere

armaghniac

This is ignorance, but so too as those who refuse to fold buggies on Dublin buses and leave them in the wheelchair space, preventing the wheelchair user getting on.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Zip Code

Or people in their flash cars who deliberately park over lines and take up two spaces so no one will park beside them.  Personally I would love to run a nail right round these cars.

Brick Tamlin

Here feckin Here!!!!
Baxtards of people with flash and fancy yokes that think that they can park wherever they like and however they like.
Pure ignorance and arrogance. A deadly combination!!!

Ethan Tremblay

Not sure whether to class this as ignorance or not but a wee story similar in taste to mike's,

Whilst attending a fundraiser at the football social club several years ago I noticed human nature in full flow.

The place was jammed and the queue for the drink was a twenty minute, people holding onto the bar as to not to loose their spot job.  In the midst of the carnage one of the people waiting had a seizure and fell to the ground shaking and foaming at the mouth, very scary stuff.  Needless to say people stood and watched as he worked away, reluctant to help afraid of loosing there place at the bar, I was f**king speechless!   

I also hate them pricks that cant park, usually fat middle aged men who think cause there older they have a law unto themselves!
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Zip Code on September 15, 2014, 04:51:28 PM
Or people in their flash cars who deliberately park over lines and take up two spaces so no one will park beside them.  Personally I would love to run a nail right round these cars.

I make a point of squeezing in agen them so they can't get in on my side without a can opener. I usually leave a note under the wiper saying "Please learn to park."

AZOffaly

I usually run a screwdriver down the length of the side panels.

Joke.

GJL

People with no children using the family parking place pisses me off.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: GJL on September 15, 2014, 08:39:18 PM
People with no children using the family parking place pisses me off.
And disabled spaces. People with children seem to think it is equivalent to a disability and entitles them to park anywhere they want. I had a go at a cnut in Armagh a couple of weeks ago for parking in a disabled space. Excuse was that the shop has no trolleys and he was buying a pile of drink for a party so had to park close  ::)

Puckoon

I expect to get flamed for this, but I stabbed the front tires of a routine disabled parking violator a few months ago in a moment of madness after watching her park there every day for over a year.

Not the best move I ever made as criminal damage doesn't look good on the CV, but they don't f**king park there any more, and the elderly neighbour doesn't have to tr**p 100 yards to her house now.

AZOffaly

Had you tried alternative measures first?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 15, 2014, 09:18:28 PM
Had you tried alternative measures first?

What like screw-driver down the side panels?