Paisley gone to his eternal reward

Started by passedit, September 12, 2014, 12:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zip Code

Quote from: rosnarun on September 12, 2014, 03:22:34 PM
Can we not show a bit of class and let him be Mourned by those that want to .
there are plenty of times to pass judgement but not the day on which he passed on

It's well seeing you didn't grow up in the North in the 70's and 80 - the bastard should have been killed years ago.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Evil Genius

(Back, for One Night Only)

Paisley was a nasty, bigoted oul c **t, who tortured and destroyed the country he professed to love for decades.

I sincerely hope he is now where he deserves to be.

P.S. If you don't hear from me when Gerry Adams eventually joins him, can somebody please repeat my above epitaph on his thread, in my name, word-for-word.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

AZOffaly

theskull1

As a mark of respect at the passing of Ian Paisley, Belfast City Hall will fly no flag at half mast

....I thought it was funny
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

The Bearded One

It's actually sickening, but not surprising, that the Sinn Fein PR train has rolled into action and we are seeing these eulogies and faux admiration for Paisley.

Let's remember him for what he was - an evil, bigoted monster who was as much to blame for the years of war as any other person. His hatred for all things and people Catholic was unforgiveable despite a 'thawing' in his elder years.

Rest assured that when Gerry, Martin et al meet their maker there will be no pandering from the Unionist side of our divided land.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Denn Forever

Quote from: theskull1 on September 12, 2014, 04:02:33 PM
As a mark of respect at the passing of Ian Paisley, Belfast City Hall will fly no flag at half mast

....I thought it was funny

It is.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

red hander

Quote from: balladmaker on September 12, 2014, 02:01:03 PM
If Ian Paisley is not in hell at this moment, then there is no such thing as hell.  The death, destruction and turmoil that he played a big part in fueling over the past 40+ years cannot be wiped away by his near death epiphany of recent times.

Nail on head... hope he rots

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

armaghniac

Quote from: The Bearded One on September 12, 2014, 04:06:34 PM
It's actually sickening, but not surprising, that the Sinn Fein PR train has rolled into action and we are seeing these eulogies and faux admiration for Paisley.

Overlooking what you did in the 70s and 80s (except for bishops) and emphasising what you did in the "Peace Process" is central to the SF philosophy, so what do you expect?

Any truth in the rumour that Terence O'Neill got a posthumous job helping out with the Judgement?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bcarrier

John Hume

However, history will record his political career as a journey – one which took him from the politics of division to a place where he accepted agreement as a solution, the need for power sharing and respect for diversity – but history will also ask if he should have reached this point sooner.

Main Street

Quote from: bcarrier on September 12, 2014, 05:30:51 PM
John Hume

However, history will record his political career as a journey – one which took him from the politics of division to a place where he accepted agreement as a solution, the need for power sharing and respect for diversity – but history will also ask if he should have reached this point sooner.
This quote essentially misses the point of being Paisley.
His journey as such delving into the mire of bigotry, fomenting aggressive divisiveness was a cynical political opportunity and had political objectives, when it became appropriate decades later, he donned the garb of tolerance  for political power.
The answer to John Hume's question is no,  Paisley could not have reached the summit of his ambitions any sooner, his respect for a democratic process only came when he had to have that respect for the process in order to be the political leader.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: seafoid on September 12, 2014, 02:51:51 PM
Quote from: OakleafCounty on September 12, 2014, 02:34:06 PM
He does have blood on his hands in an indirect way. No doubt about it. But some people are going on here as if he was Hitler.

When Dalorous Price died I think people on here were actually paying tribute to her and she was directly involved in an explosion that injured 200 people as well as alledgey murders.
Sunningdale for slow learners. The outlines for what happened after 94 were already known 20 years previously.
No no no was the mantra that kept a lid on it until reality intervened. And he didn't want in the 70s what he eventually accepted in the 90s.

this old sunningdale for slow learners bullshit would make sense if the loyalists/unionists at the time had any intention of sharing power.
they did not. eg see paisley et al.

it was the same old rehashed bullshit.
paisley was as bad as hitler and a hinderence to peace.
he lied to his own (telling to never cross the border - meanwhile his own companies and interests eg shipping companies were doing business in and through Dublin and the south all along).

it was priceless that the 'church' , political (militia) party etc that paisley formed all threw him out (mostly for consorting with taigs - hows that for sunningdale power sharing some 20 years later)

paisley did it all for money and power
it amuses me that his whole world was pulled from under him while he still lived. that was his hell. good enough for him.
caused elongation of the war in the 6 counties that could have been avoided if he saw that equality was a human right.
but he chose to counter any move to equality with militia like the third action force etc

glad the world has moved on and the 6 counties is now harbouring almost complete equality.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Zip Code on September 12, 2014, 03:41:05 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on September 12, 2014, 03:22:34 PM
Can we not show a bit of class and let him be Mourned by those that want to .
there are plenty of times to pass judgement but not the day on which he passed on

It's well seeing you didn't grow up in the North in the 70's and 80 - the b**tard should have been killed years ago.
I did and I agree with Rosnarun.

BennyCake

Never never never... Oh, alright then.

I think that should be his epitaph.