Westmeath Manager Hunt

Started by AZOffaly, September 11, 2014, 01:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

From midlands radio

QuoteThere's a strong interest in the Westmeath Senior Football job as nominations have been submitted as the search for Paul Bealin's successor continues.
Former Monaghan and Meath boss Seamus McEnaney and recent Waterford manager Niall Carew are among those nominated.
With interviews set to take place in the coming weeks, Mullingar's Ned Moore and former Galway manager Val Daly are also in contention.

Banty!!!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Croí na hÉireann

Other nominations are St. Malachy's manager Peter Leahy, former Maryland and Athlone boss Finbarr Egan and Ray Smyth, who managed both the The Downs and Mullingar Shamrocks to Westmeath SFC titles in the past decade.

Fairly uninspiring lot, same as every other year really. Can't see them going for Banty as wouldn't have the money for the entourage he'd demand. Malachy's did well under Leahy until they tired due to their dual players being out every weekend. If it was my choice from this list it would have to be Smyth and I'd have Leahy in as trainer.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Hardy

I'd say Banty's 'entourage' aspirations mightn't be what they were.

Donnellys Hollow

Carew can cover some of the team expenditure with his recent windfall

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Jinxy

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on September 11, 2014, 02:12:37 PM
Other nominations are St. Malachy's manager Peter Leahy, former Maryland and Athlone boss Finbarr Egan and Ray Smyth, who managed both the The Downs and Mullingar Shamrocks to Westmeath SFC titles in the past decade.

Fairly uninspiring lot, same as every other year really. Can't see them going for Banty as wouldn't have the money for the entourage he'd demand. Malachy's did well under Leahy until they tired due to their dual players being out every weekend. If it was my choice from this list it would have to be Smyth and I'd have Leahy in as trainer.

Is Marty Whelan still over Maryland?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Tom( formerly Tommy) is free I believe  :'(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Croí na hÉireann

Rossfan

Just trying to spread the pain I still feel from 2003 - 2005  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Rossfan on September 11, 2014, 07:42:30 PM
Just trying to spread the pain I still feel from 2003 - 2005  ;D

At least your pain had an end date!

turk

It's time Westmeath give the job to Ray Smyth and get it over with.

manfromdelmonte

there will be a few more nominations