The Round Dinner plate Society ...RDS

Started by rrhf, September 10, 2014, 09:53:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Having just ordered fish and chips in a pub after a hard bloody day on the road. I get 3 gougons of fish and lettuce on a narrow wooden board, skinny fries in a steel bucket, tartare sauce in a dinky pot and chargrilled lemon. I am at tipping point. Can we not keep simple food simple or do we need to serve it on stones, boards, griddles, paddles and buckets. Ket. Bring back the humble plate.

T Fearon

Chill out with a skinny latte,you'll feel much better!

rrhf

Point taken I'm not used to the west Belfast fine dining.

Tony Baloney

Have to agree with this. All a load of auld bollox. Round white plate has been fine for years.

rrhf

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on September 10, 2014, 10:17:24 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 10, 2014, 10:12:51 PM
Have to agree with this. All a load of auld bollox. Round white plate has been fine for years.
Look, I used to be like you. I went ape-shit when they changed the Old English bottle. I soon learned that the drink was just as nice as always. They could give me Old English in a cardboard box now.

Embrace it.
The cnuts all think they are all being alternative but if everyone is doing it then you're just the same as all the rest. I'll bring my own plate from now on.

Old E in a cardboard box  :'(

ziggy90

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 10, 2014, 11:12:48 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 10, 2014, 10:17:24 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 10, 2014, 10:12:51 PM
Look, I used to be like you. I went ape-shit when they changed the Old English bottle. I soon learned that the drink was just as nice as always. They could give me Old English in a cardboard box now.

Embrace it.
The cnuts all think they are all being alternative but if everyone is doing it then you're just the same as all the rest. I'll bring my own plate from now on.

Old E in a cardboard box  :'(

Try Thatcher's Gold, nectar.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered