Paddy Bradley Suspended for Championship??

Started by SlimShady, April 17, 2007, 02:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rma13

No, not an insult, but I would have thought he could have made a decision about wanting to go without having to ask someone else first, remember he didn't actually win an All Star so it was already a privilege for him to be invited!  What if she'd actually said "no", would he not have gone?

Springfield

I enjoy you RMA, bringing a mans personal life onto a discussion board.
I would be very intrigued to know where you got the information at however, cause from knowing the man personally, i must say I dont think iv ever heard as much shite. ::)

Bogball XV

is that not exactly the point, a trip comes up at the last minute, it's as a replacement allstar - is it really an honour that you should prostrate yourself on the ground for? Yeah, nice to be asked, but, hardly a big deal.

Rma13

Actually Springfield it was in the Irish News at the time of the All stars tour.  By the way as to mentioning PB'S personal life, I'm sure it doesn't come as a shock to many that he has a girlfriend!, hardly earth shattering news or something that PB would be overly concerned about being known!

Bogball, I think in light of past events concerning the All stars, PB would have seen it as a big deal & as for prostrating yourself on the ground, what??

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Rma13 on May 03, 2007, 08:24:42 AM
Bogball, I think in light of past events concerning the All stars, PB would have seen it as a big deal & as for prostrating yourself on the ground, what??
that would be your perspective on this matter

none of us exactly know how Paddy himself felt about it, but as he didnt go, then that would indicate a bit

if it was me who was asked to go as a 'next best' player to the all stars game, then having felt a little peeved that I didnt get on it when felt that I should have - then It could be a bit like adding insult to injury...

also with work, personal life commitments, maybe he just couldnt go anyhow. When its unplanned like that you may not be able to go anyhow.

its nice to be asked on such a 'holiday' but when only as an 'afterthought' then you would feel cheap and used like a 20 dollar whore ...while that might be ok for a lot of other folk in other counties - Derry folk have more pride in themselves than that  ;)

Rma13

I'm almost certain that PB did go on this trip, as I seem to remember reading that he was one of the top, if not the top scorer for his particular team!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Rma13 on May 03, 2007, 09:18:54 AM
I'm almost certain that PB did go on this trip, as I seem to remember reading that he was one of the top, if not the top scorer for his particular team!
didnt he refuse to go on a prev one ?
You could be right though
not that up on the all star games (to my shame)

if it was me I'd have refused. But paddy isnt as thick/ignorant as that !

derrymad

Paddy went on the trip to Dubai in January there and won the MVP (most valuable player) award, scoring 2-6 in the match and rubbing it in all the faces of those who ever doubted him.  Aye mean, ... Conor Mortimor there as an all star, completely absurd compared to Paddy.

He also managed to cause a bit of a rocus between certain Tyrone players.  One in particular in the full forward line where Paddy was running the show and stealing his thunder had a fall out with a blonde bomb shell in the half forward line for not passing him enough ball!!

loughshore lad

Quote from: derrymad on May 03, 2007, 09:33:30 AM
Paddy went on the trip to Dubai in January there and won the MVP (most valuable player) award, scoring 2-6 in the match and rubbing it in all the faces of those who ever doubted him.  Aye mean, ... Conor Mortimor there as an all star, completely absurd compared to Paddy.

He also managed to cause a bit of a rocus between certain Tyrone players.  One in particular in the full forward line where Paddy was running the show and stealing his thunder had a fall out with a blonde bomb shell in the half forward line for not passing him enough ball!!

I have to laugh at posts like this. Big deal he scored 2-6 in a glorified friendly game that doesnt make him a great player. When he consistently delivers on the big stage against quality opposition then he will be a great player. The term "great player" is used too freely in my opinion, Bradley is not in the same league as the likes of Canavan or Linden. He is not a team player it is all me, me, me with him he doesnt make the hard sacrificing runs where he knows he wont get the ball but will take opposing players out of the game. If he spent more time concentrating on aspects of the game like this than crying about not getting an all star then he might just get one some day.

realredhandfan

I agree in Tyrone we shout at each other In Derry they would sulk/walk out/ bitch until the manager would resign or be sacked. 

Will Hunting

I think it's fair to say that currently, Paddy Bradley is the best forward in Ireland.

realredhandfan

or even that hes the best suspended forward in Ireland.  Its all relative until Derry win something.  Canavan in 95 singlehandedly dragged tyrone to an aif.  how far behind is paddy. 

Hardy

Quote from: Will Hunting on May 03, 2007, 09:54:44 AM
I think it's fair to say that currently, Paddy Bradley is the best forward in Ireland.

That was twenty minutes ago. Right now, it's Brian Farrell.

Maximus Marillius

Whenever PB scores a bagful against Armagh, Tyrone, Kerry, Mayo....or even Donegal or Dublin, then and only then will he fall into the category that makes him the best....then he has to it against that oppostion consistantly....oh and I forgot to mention....it has to be in the championship

derrymad

Paddy has the best scoring average in the Championship since 2001 per games played.  He got the best scoring average in the years 2004, 2005 and was second in 2006.  So dont say he does not consistently deliver un lesss you have facts.  And as regards team player, if you watch his movement off the ball then you will realise he is a team player.  It is not his fault he has not had the same class around him as players from Tyrone, Armagh or Kerry have.

Put simply, if Steve O'Neill or Colm Cooper played for Derry would they have racked up the same scores Paddy has in them few years?
Maybe I am wrong but I would doubt they would.