Author Topic: Gaelic Football - Rules & Regulations discussion/clarification  (Read 52937 times)

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
Re: Gaelic Football - Rules & Regulations discussion/clarification
« Reply #480 on: July 27, 2020, 11:42:59 PM »
The ref blows when there is a clean catch which is eligible for mark.  The player can either play through it or take the "free kick" by raising his hand.

Jesus you’re right I just checked it out... This is our 3rd match in the last week and no ref had done it like this previously which is why the confusion!!

Will know for again hopefully!

Norf Tyrone

• View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 28, 2020, 01:43:26 AM »
If you take a catch inside the small square you can still call a mark can't you? The only thing is you must come to the 13m line to hit it.

Is that correct?

We were told yesterday there was no mark inside the small square which I think is incorrect but not 100%. New rules are a lot for refs to absorb!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Smokin Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 28, 2020, 07:42:54 AM »
If you take a catch inside the small square you can still call a mark can't you? The only thing is you must come to the 13m line to hit it.

Is that correct?

We were told yesterday there was no mark inside the small square which I think is incorrect but not 100%. New rules are a lot for refs to absorb!

Correct

Taylor

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 28, 2020, 08:00:27 AM »

Is that correct?

Any man that catches a ball in the small square and doesnt have a rattle at the goal should be standing beside me on the line

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 28, 2020, 09:49:58 AM »

Is that correct?

Any man that catches a ball in the small square and doesnt have a rattle at the goal should be standing beside me on the line

Was thinking that myself!

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 28, 2020, 09:52:42 AM »
Well if the full back or keeper catches the ball in the small square he should call a mark, and not have a rattle!

I blow for every clean catch, up to the player to make the signal for the mark, if he doesn’t, play on
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #486 on: July 28, 2020, 11:02:48 AM »

Is that correct?

Unless you're 3 points up with a minute to go of course.
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

Norf Tyrone

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 28, 2020, 01:57:27 PM »

Is that correct?

Unless you're 3 points up with a minute to go of course.

Or you catch it falling forward and end up on the ground with the full back standing over you.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone