Are you sad to see him go?
10 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

LCohen

theskull1

Quote from: T Fearon on October 15, 2014, 09:26:06 AM
Yawn

Quote from: theskull1 on October 15, 2014, 10:39:24 AM
QuoteBrady didn't need public knowledge to know about Smyth. How could he simply assume it was all done and dusted when nothing was reported in the media about him being investigated in all that time?

Too tired to address this response to your assertion Tony?

Still sleeping Tony or have you backed yourself into a corner?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Eamonnca1

T Fearon

Just getting bored reading the same old same old from anti Catholics who now expected Sean Brady to keep this at the forefront of his mind even though he was running colleges in Cavan and Rome and a million other things to occupy his mind.I ask you. ::)

theskull1

Quote from: T Fearon on October 15, 2014, 10:16:57 PM
Just getting bored reading the same old same old from anti Catholics who now expected Sean Brady to keep this at the forefront of his mind even though he was running colleges in Cavan and Rome and a million other things to occupy his mind.I ask you. ::)

Stop misquoting/misrepresenting the arguments put forward to you Tony. No one said they expected it to be at the forefront of his mind for all those years he was climbing up the ranks. I would have expected that it would have crossed his mind from time to time though as he sat in daily prayer and searched his conscience.....but no, you reckon he completely forgot about the whole sorry mess....deadly.

T Fearon

I have no doubt it crossed his mind,he's hardly likely to ever forget.The point I'm making is that Smyth was not his responsibility,when he was heading up St Patrick's Cavan and the Irish College,Rome.

haveaharp

Does anti catholic equate to anti paedophile and anti anyone that facilitates paedophilia ? If so then yes i'm happy to fall in that category. The anti catholic argument is as weak as it gets.

imtommygunn

Quote from: haveaharp on October 16, 2014, 08:36:46 AM

Does anti catholic equate to anti paedophile and anti anyone that facilitates paedophilia ? If so then yes i'm happy to fall in that category. The anti catholic argument is as weak as it gets.

I disagree. He was too busy to worry about it has trumphed that.

Eamonnca1

Just getting bored reading the same old same old ....

The irony star just went supernova.

Franko

Jesus lads ye are hard to sicken...

theskull1

Quote from: T Fearon on October 16, 2014, 06:30:03 AM
I have no doubt it crossed his mind,he's hardly likely to ever forget.The point I'm making is that Smyth was not his responsibility,when he was heading up St Patrick's Cavan and the Irish College,Rome.

So he would have thought about it you've now acknowleged. So when thinking about this incident that we'd all agree would be very difficult to forget, do you not reckon in those thoughts should have been some questions like....
I haven't seen anything in the media about Dr Brendan (God have mercy on his soul)?
I wonder why considering the information I handed over in my report? I must ask a few questions?

Obviously this ignores the one big gotcha regarding his own conscience

Why did I get those kids to swear a vow of silence?

Its our assertion that Brady knew full well what he was doing when he swore abused kids to silence so had no struggle with his conscience about it. He knew being subservient to his master's was the way to climb the career ladder in the church so willing ignored his moral compass. Only that reasoning would explain his years of silience and subsequent ducking and diving. It could also very well explain his meteoric ascension to power.

orangeman

The moral compass when protecting mother church disappeared in the case of Sean Brady and the case of it now transpires many more like him not only in Ireland but throughout the world including the boss men in Rome.

haveaharp

Quote from: orangeman on October 16, 2014, 10:03:34 AM
The moral compass when protecting mother church disappeared in the case of Sean Brady and the case of it now transpires many more like him not only in Ireland but throughout the world including the boss men in Rome.

You anti catholic you.... ::)

AhNowRef

Ah here you go with the anti catholic thing again ..... You seem to suggest that if anyone doesnt share your sick twisted views on child rape facilitators they must be anti-catholic ... Strange wee man you are

Like myself, most people who are disgusted by Brady and would be by you too are very definately Catholic ......  No matter how many times you say something stupid .. its still just stupid

If anyone's anti-catholic on here its you, you complete fool !!

The Iceman

Can we just lock this one up? We're going round in circles debating whether Tony is a dick, a WUM in need of help or both.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight