Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Brady Has Retired.

Are you glad to see him go?
42 (80.8%)
Are you sad to see him go?
10 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

T Fearon

I wonder how much cynicism is simply a mask for fear?

haveaharp

Quote from: T Fearon on September 18, 2014, 11:02:42 PM
I wonder how much cynicism is simply a mask for fear?

Fear of what, eternal damnation? The only fear I can see is a fear of seeing another way other than the one drilled into you.

imtommygunn

Tony for every insecurity an atheist has there will be practising people with similar insecurities. It works both ways. Read the bbc article on the archbishop of canterbury.

Faith can also be a very big mask of fear too. Not everyone's is but some people's faith is based on fear and that is it. I remain to be convinced that your faith is any more than fear.

T Fearon

I believe life without faith is meaningless,and would be gutted to think that after our last breath there is nothing.Naturally therefore I want my eternal existence to be pleasant

ONeill

Quote from: T Fearon on September 19, 2014, 12:13:51 AM
I believe life without faith is meaningless,and would be gutted to think that after our last breath there is nothing.Naturally therefore I want my eternal existence to be pleasant

Do you believe in the Immaculate Conception Tony?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Eamonnca1

What was there before your first breath?

T Fearon

Shane yes.Eamonn do not understand your question.Fact is I exist now and believe I will continue to do so beyond this life

Eamonnca1

If it's possible that there was a time in the past when you didn't exist, why is it so unimaginable that there'll be a time in the future when you won't exist?

T Fearon

But we all could have previously existed in a different format

haveaharp

Quote from: T Fearon on September 19, 2014, 07:07:21 AM

What were you then? 8)

johnneycool

What like reincarnation?

The Jehovah's might be right then?

imtommygunn

Ok - then that's hope and fear. I guess both of those is what a lot of faith is built upon. The fear of the unknown and the hope that there must be something good/great at the end of it all.

ludermor

i wonder what Brendan Smyth is at these days?

Zip Code

I would be gutted to think that the likes of you could go on.

Hardy

Were you Betamax?