Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Brady Has Retired.

Are you glad to see him go?
42 (80.8%)
Are you sad to see him go?
10 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

imtommygunn

The disgusting thing is your attitude Tony. There's no yawning about it. It keeps being repeated because it's true.

If you're trying to be an advert or a defender for the catholic faith you are doing about as bad a job as anyone could possibly do.

T Fearon

I am simply saying that the children were failed by the Church and their parents.

imtommygunn

I am simply saying your views on the parents are disgusting. There's no point in going into it as you are like a bad broken record - but your lack of empathy is staggering. There is always a but in your condoning of things.

haveaharp

Quote from: T Fearon on October 09, 2014, 09:06:22 AM
Yawn,the disgusting thing is that parents failed to delve sufficiently into matters adversely affecting their children.Like it or not that is akin to negligence.

Because they believed and trusted in the church. Fools indeed.

T Fearon

Exactly, then again if they had gone to the police,who were moving bombing suspects across the border,would it havemade any difference?

imtommygunn

But someone else did something similar so it's ok. Always a but.

AZOffaly

Quote from: T Fearon on October 09, 2014, 09:12:24 AM
I am simply saying that the children were failed by the Church and their parents.

If you had a fullstop after Church, you'd be right.. I think your tactic of trying to lessen the responsibility of the church by diverting some blame onto Parents is absolutely pathetic. It's classic Tony though. Never mind that, look over here!!!

T Fearon

Any objective forensic analysis of this whole rotten saga would conclude that parents driving their young children to a meeting with clergy (the purpose of this was undisclosed) then willingly agreeing to absent themselves from this meeting,and failing to extract from their children what was discussed afterwards, was negligent beyond belief.

haveaharp

Quote from: T Fearon on October 09, 2014, 12:43:17 PM
Any objective forensic analysis of this whole rotten saga would conclude that parents driving their young children to a meeting with clergy (the purpose of this was undisclosed) then willingly agreeing to absent themselves from this meeting,and failing to extract from their children what was discussed afterwards, was negligent beyond belief.

Therefore they were wrong to trust Brady and the church.

johnneycool

Was Seany negligent in any way?

AhNowRef

Quote from: T Fearon on October 08, 2014, 08:50:50 PM
http://www.armagharchdiocese.org/2014/10/08/mass-gods-blessing-archbishop-eamon-archdiocese-armagh-2/

Look at that,packed pews to invoke God's Blessing on the new Archbishop of Armagh on Tuesday night!

Id say most were there in spite of Brady and certainly not because of him ... What relevance has attendances for a new bishop got to do with facilitator Brady? .... Stop stupidly trying to claim this means people dont see "Brady" for what he is ... Thankfully most do !

AhNowRef

Quote from: muppet on October 08, 2014, 10:24:12 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on October 08, 2014, 08:28:18 PM
Reporting the matter to the Police was the proper course of action in the first place and both the Church and Parents failed in that regard.Still I wouldn't be too hard on either party,as neither knew then what we know now,the absolute monstrosity that was Brendan Smyth

The parents didn't protect 'the absolute monstrosity that was Brendan Smyth', but the Church certainly did. They silenced his victims, told the parents he wouldn't do it again and sent him to fresh parishes to continue his abuse of children.

But you wouldn't be too hard on them.

Why would you be? You still actually blame the victims families.

Exactly !

AhNowRef

FFS, Hard to believe anyone can come out with this stuff .... I wouldn't advise saying it in front of someone who was affected by Brady or his likes .. Im pretty sure you wouldn't get spouting your sh1te for too long !

You really are the dregs of society aren't you .. Lower than a snakes belly !!

And the funny thing is, you attempt to put yourself across as this holier than thou pious Christian .... You're about as far away from what you think you are as I have ever encountered.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: T Fearon on October 09, 2014, 09:06:22 AM
Yawn,the disgusting thing is that parents failed to delve sufficiently into matters adversely affecting their children.Like it or not that is akin to negligence.

You know Tony, with friends like you the Church really doesn't need enemies any more. I hope God forgives you.

johnneycool

Quote from: muppet on October 08, 2014, 10:24:12 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on October 08, 2014, 08:28:18 PM
Reporting the matter to the Police was the proper course of action in the first place and both the Church and Parents failed in that regard.Still I wouldn't be too hard on either party,as neither knew then what we know now,the absolute monstrosity that was Brendan Smyth

The parents didn't protect 'the absolute monstrosity that was Brendan Smyth', but the Church certainly did. They silenced his victims, told the parents he wouldn't do it again and sent him to fresh parishes to continue his abuse of children.

But you wouldn't be too hard on them.

Why would you be? You still actually blame the victims families.

And worse still, they sent him to a boys home where he'd a free reign for years. You'd almost think they were feeding his evil desires by doing this.
Could you send a pedophile to a worse place?