Poll

If you have/had a vote, how will/would you vote?

Yes
122 (87.8%)
No
17 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 139

Voting closed: September 18, 2014, 11:36:16 AM

Author Topic: Scottish independence referendum thread  (Read 56600 times)

armaghniac

• View Profile
Re: Scottish independence referendum thread
« Reply #645 on: October 15, 2020, 11:18:19 PM »
Voters born outside the UK also rejected independence, with 57.1 per cent voting No.[/i]'

This might now be different for European born people, who might like the idea of being back in the EU.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 16, 2020, 12:02:41 AM »
Voters born outside the UK also rejected independence, with 57.1 per cent voting No.[/i]'

This might now be different for European born people, who might like the idea of being back in the EU.
Do we presume that most of those born outside UK were born in the EU? Probably so. I'd wonder what were the voting figures for Irish born, now resident in Scotland and eligible to vote, though not counting the predictable rabid nordie unionists.

I think the SNP should go on the front foot and demand that the westminister parliament accept that in the event of a yes vote,  any Scot born shall retain the full right to British nationality should they so chose, similar to what exists for Irish people born in the 6 counties.
The Brits are supposed to care for their own.

ned

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 16, 2020, 08:38:07 AM »
Scottish born only to get the vote! f**k that. Half of Donegal lives in Glasgow.
It's all very patronising telling people in Scotland they couldn't survive outside the union. Economically Scotland is stronger than a lot of English areas.
Also more is generated in Scotland for government coffers than is returned. Add Westminster's handling of Brexit and the Pandemic (SNP doesn't escape criticism here) and their plans to reign back a Scottish government's powers, then we are beginning to experience the right conditions for Independence. The No side has no one in Scotland capable of putting forward their argument. Labour is done and the LDs are irrelevant.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 16, 2020, 09:01:50 AM »
Out of interest do all the voters from the SNP vote independence ?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)