The Ryder Cup 2014 - Gleneagles

Started by laoislad, September 02, 2014, 01:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

I have some small bets on Europe been beaten by 5 or more
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

offtheground

What price did you get? - I think they could be beaten too. America seem to be coming in v much under the radar...

Two Hands FFS

gerrykeegan

Quote from: offtheground on September 25, 2014, 12:41:58 PM
What price did you get? - I think they could be beaten too. America seem to be coming in v much under the radar...

20/1 upwards

gerrykeegan

Sidney

A Ryder Cup opening ceremony is always one of the great moments in sport, anywhere, and today will be no different.

Hound

Quote from: stew on September 10, 2014, 02:40:11 PM
I still cannot believe that this Muppet left a man off the team who has won more than two thirds of the points he played for. Corporate decision uf ever there was one and I think it is going to bite us on the hole! :'(
Form of 2, 4, 6 years ago is largely irrelevant though.

Des Smyth explained McGinley's thinking re Donald very clearly in a radio interview. The big crux is that he's made swing changes, and he's still going through the process of fully implementing it. Its made him far more inconsistent than he was previously. Because he's such a good battler and a good putter, he was still strongly in contention, may even have got the nod if it was in the US. But its in Scotland, and it could well blow hard in Scotland as it often does, and according to Smyth a player going through a swing change and playing in heavy wind is more often than not, a recipe for disaster, and therefore a risk they couldnt take.

Gallacher on the other hand is in very good form, had played very well under pressure in the weeks leading up to the picking of the team, and came within a whisker of playing himself onto the team automatically. Smyth mentioned that F. Molinari was very close too in the wildcard discussions.

Westwood is the one I would have the biggest problem with, because he's such a mediocre putter. Usually his long game is so good, you can forgive him the odd missed putt, but that's not in A1 shape at the moment either.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

Proud moment for Sidney there hearing the European anthem.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gabriel_Hurl

Tomorrow morning matches

QuoteBubba/Simpson vs Rose/Stenson
Fowler/Walker vs Bjorn/Kaymer
Spieth/Reed vs Gallacher/Poulter
Bradley/Mickelson vs McIlroy/Garcia