Darragh Cross v Annaclone
JFC
Bright v Mitchels
Dromara v Aughlisnafinn
Saul v Ballykinlar

Fierce tame altogether

knockitdown

Quote from: supersub on July 30, 2011, 01:05:15 AM
Yeah Ciaran Mooney (jnr) is a referee in the county. Had a bad knee condition and has stopped playing football and taken up the whistle! Why?

ive calmed down abit since last nyt, and im not one for comin on and givin off about referees. its great to see a young lad givin it a lash, but last night he simply had an aweful game from start to finish. a loughinisland player had a shot that went about 3 feet wide. the loughinisland umpire (under that post) gave it wide, as did the drumgath umpire, but he gave a point. When our captain queried the decision, he was told by the ref that he gave the point before the umpires gave it wide so he stood by his decision!

at the end of the half, he blew a free for a foul on a loughinisland player and ran over, in the mean time loughinisland had played on, the drumgath players had all stopped, but he then decided to let the game continue!

il not even go into the rugby tackle by magic on jackie lynch which resulted in nothin, or the rugby tackle on our forward 6 yars out by the keeper as he was rounded....resulting in a free out!

ive read posts on here in the past, but by the end of the game it was getting comical, even the loughinisland management acknowledged the decisions after the game.

i was suprised to see such a young ref in a div 2 game. at a guess, I would say this lad was no more than 22/23. he just seemed to get a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing.

rant over

downjim

Quote from: EagleLord on July 30, 2011, 12:47:48 PM
I would have liked to see that Lecale/Stone game myself, but due to work commitments I cannot attend, would be interesting, and although I was iffy at the start, the more I think about it, Lecale might not get the hammering people predict. Looking forward to hearing a report on it.

Watched that Kilcoo/Bridge game last night myself, thought it would have been a cracker. It was a good enough game alright with some lovely moves put together by both teams, although Kilcoo just did it consistantly while the Bridge played for 5mins then stopped for 20. Saval men watching that wont really have much to fear if the Bridge play like that. Laverty again the talking point for the magpies, for his performance, but equally for his antics in this game. A number of Bridge players getting frustrated with Lavertys diving. The Penalty was laughable, Garvey wasnt too impressed at all. One would wonder when referees are going to open their eyes to this.

Are the Bridge not allowed penalties against them. They seem to always be crying about something. I heard they were outclassed and  after seeing Saval beat Clonduff on Thursday , I will be very surprised if this AGE-D team will beat the Shinn men. We were terrible but we will raise our game and hopefully we will challenge Kilcoo later in the year.

The Ford and Kilcoo are big favorites though!!! It will be an interesting week.   Ar Aghaidh le Chéile

supersub

Quote from: knockitdown on July 31, 2011, 12:59:39 AM
Yeah Ciaran Mooney (jnr) is a referee in the county. Had a bad knee condition and has stopped playing football and taken up the whistle! Why?

ive calmed down abit since last nyt, and im not one for comin on and givin off about referees. its great to see a young lad givin it a lash, but last night he simply had an aweful game from start to finish. a loughinisland player had a shot that went about 3 feet wide. the loughinisland umpire (under that post) gave it wide, as did the drumgath umpire, but he gave a point. When our captain queried the decision, he was told by the ref that he gave the point before the umpires gave it wide so he stood by his decision!

at the end of the half, he blew a free for a foul on a loughinisland player and ran over, in the mean time loughinisland had played on, the drumgath players had all stopped, but he then decided to let the game continue!

il not even go into the rugby tackle by magic on jackie lynch which resulted in nothin, or the rugby tackle on our forward 6 yars out by the keeper as he was rounded....resulting in a free out!

ive read posts on here in the past, but by the end of the game it was getting comical, even the loughinisland management acknowledged the decisions after the game.

i was suprised to see such a young ref in a div 2 game. at a guess, I would say this lad was no more than 22/23. he just seemed to get a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing.

rant over

Fair enough it sounds bad from what you say, maybe he had a bad night. Anytime I have seen him referee whether it under age or otherwise e seems to get things spot on. Must have had a poor game. I agree with the questioning of referees if they are consistently bad as I pointed out earlier in season. Why should they get away with it when players are openly criticised on here and elsewhere. However I would say Ciaran is a very goof referee and suggest that maybe the occasion did get to him in this case.

Leo

Quote from: downjim on July 31, 2011, 01:19:55 AM
Quote from: EagleLord on July 30, 2011, 12:47:48 PM
I would have liked to see that Lecale/Stone game myself, but due to work commitments I cannot attend, would be interesting, and although I was iffy at the start, the more I think about it, Lecale might not get the hammering people predict. Looking forward to hearing a report on it.

Watched that Kilcoo/Bridge game last night myself, thought it would have been a cracker. It was a good enough game alright with some lovely moves put together by both teams, although Kilcoo just did it consistantly while the Bridge played for 5mins then stopped for 20. Saval men watching that wont really have much to fear if the Bridge play like that. Laverty again the talking point for the magpies, for his performance, but equally for his antics in this game. A number of Bridge players getting frustrated with Lavertys diving. The Penalty was laughable, Garvey wasnt too impressed at all. One would wonder when referees are going to open their eyes to this.

Are the Bridge not allowed penalties against them. They seem to always be crying about something. I heard they were outclassed and  after seeing Saval beat Clonduff on Thursday , I will be very surprised if this AGE-D team will beat the Shinn men. We were terrible but we will raise our game and hopefully we will challenge Kilcoo later in the year.

The Ford and Kilcoo are big favorites though!!! It will be an interesting week.   Ar Aghaidh le Chéile
Bryansford took an over-physical Burren apart on Friday night and seem to have the power to take the championship this year.
Fierce tame altogether

Lecale2

Prediction League 2011

SFC
Rostrevor v Downpatrick
Liatriom v Kilcoo
An Riocht v Bryansford
Loughinisland v Tullylish
Clonduff v Castlewellan
Saval v Mayobridge
Longstone v Burren
Warrenpoint v Ballyholland

IFC
Drumgath v Clan na Banna
St Johns v Glasdrumman
Ballymartin v Ardglass
Drumaness v Attical
Kilclief v Shamrocks
Carryduff v Dundrum
Glenn v St John Bosco

JFC
Bright v Mitchels
Dromara v Aughlisnafinn
Saul v Ballykinler

general

SFC
Rostrevor v Downpatrick
Liatriom v Kilcoo
An Riocht v Bryansford
Clonduff v Castlewellan
Saval v Mayobridge
Longstone v Burren

IFC
Drumgath v Clan na Banna
St Johns v Glasdrumman
Ballymartin v Ardglass
Drumaness v Attical
Kilclief v Shamrocks
Carryduff v Dundrum
Glenn v St John Bosco

JFC
Bright v Mitchels
Dromara v Aughlisnafinn
Saul v Ballykinler

mournerambler

Prediction League 2011

SFC
Rostrevor v Downpatrick
Liatriom v Kilcoo
An Riocht v Bryansford
Clonduff v Castlewellan
Saval v Mayobridge
Longstone v Burren

IFC
Drumgath v Clan na Banna
St Johns v Glasdrumman
Ballymartin v Ardglass
Drumaness v Attical
Kilclief v Shamrocks
Carryduff v Dundrum
Glenn v St John Bosco

JFC
Bright v Mitchels
Dromara v Aughlisnafinn
Saul v Ballykinler

turkey+ham

Prediction League 2011

SFC
Rostrevor v Downpatrick
Liatriom v Kilcoo
An Riocht v Bryansford
Clonduff v Castlewellan
Saval v Mayobridge
Longstone v Burren

IFC
Drumgath v Clan na Banna
St Johns v Glasdrumman
Ballymartin v Ardglass
Drumaness v Attical
Kilclief v Shamrocks
Carryduff v Dundrum
Glenn v St John Bosco

JFC
Bright v Mitchels
Dromara v Aughlisnafinn
Saul v Ballykinlar

Mike Tyson

Quote from: supersub on July 31, 2011, 01:42:04 AM
Quote from: knockitdown on July 31, 2011, 12:59:39 AM

rant over

Fair enough it sounds bad from what you say, maybe he had a bad night. Anytime I have seen him referee whether it under age or otherwise e seems to get things spot on. Must have had a poor game. I agree with the questioning of referees if they are consistently bad as I pointed out earlier in season. Why should they get away with it when players are openly criticised on here and elsewhere. However I would say Ciaran is a very goof referee and suggest that maybe the occasion did get to him in this case.

Have to agree he had a poor game, and although he appeared to favour us, gave some questionable decisions against both teams. He was doing fine until the wide he gave as a point and then appeared to lose control after that. He got a fair amount of abuse during the match too which is terrible to see. Fair play to him though, it's good to see young people becoming referees.

An Cloch Scoilte

Senior Championship               

Warrenpoint   v   Ballyholland      
Loughinisland    v   Tullylish         
Rostrevor    v   Downpatrick         
Clonduff    v Castlewellan         
Saval    v    Mayobridge         
Longstone  v  Burren      
An Riocht    v  Bryansford 
Liatroim   v   Kilcoo           

Intermediate Championship               

Carryduff   v   Dundrum        
Kilclief   v  Shamrocks       
Drumaness   v   Atticall         
Drumgath     v   Clann na Banna       
St Johns   v   Glasdrumman         
Darragh Cross   v   Annaclone       
Glenn   v    St John Bosco     
Ballymartin    v   Ardglass     

Junior Championship         

Dromara  v  Aughlisnafinn       
Saul     v    Balllykinlar       
Bright   v  Mitchels        

umpire

i would be grateful if the posters post their selelction in this order as below, much easier for me to work with. Thank you.
Will accept An Cloch Scoilte's selection

Prediction League 2011

SFC
Rostrevor v Downpatrick
Liatriom v Kilcoo
An Riocht v Bryansford
Clonduff v Castlewellan
Saval v Mayobridge
Longstone v Burren

IFC