Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

st pauls mcgrath

price to stand is the same as sitting...f**king ridiculous
Down by birth....St.Pauls by the grace of god

downexile1

looking at the New York GAA website there,,whatever happened to the Down team in New York?????

here comes 6

Can anyone tell me next round of fixtures are?

supersub

Fri 29th. Starred if down beat Cork.

5 Sams

Quote from: st pauls mcgrath on July 20, 2011, 01:12:40 PM

Where are you going to be standing? I was told the hill wasn't open!!
The Aristocrat Years

whitegoodman

Quote from: supersub on July 20, 2011, 02:13:47 PM

Is this definitly the case as I was told that there were going to be no division 1 or 2 matches until Down were beat as all the agreed starred games had been played at this stage and the clubs were refusing to play anymore games without their county players.  The source wouldnt be that reliable so may not be true.

supersub

Heard our management talking about it to the boys in the club during the week. Must have some substance!

5 Sams

Quote from: whitegoodman on July 20, 2011, 07:57:20 PM

Is this definitly the case as I was told that there were going to be no division 1 or 2 matches until Down were beat as all the agreed starred games had been played at this stage and the clubs were refusing to play anymore games without their county players.  The source wouldnt be that reliable so may not be true.

Definitely a full series of games on that night...I hope they're starred...we play the bridge!
The Aristocrat Years

st pauls mcgrath

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 20, 2011, 03:19:29 PM

according to ticketmaster there are standing tickets
Down by birth....St.Pauls by the grace of god

5 Sams

Quote from: st pauls mcgrath on July 21, 2011, 08:25:13 AM
Quote from: 5 Sams on July 20, 2011, 03:19:29 PM

according to ticketmaster there are standing tickets

Try buying one and see!!
The Aristocrat Years

redandblackareback

Quote from: whitegoodman on July 20, 2011, 07:57:20 PM

Any chance your source was from Burren  ::). As they seem to be the only club with a grievance about starred games. Next friday is starred if Down win, so what get on with it. Look at what happened Ambrose last year, some may argue it cost us an All Ireland.

whitegoodman

No my source was actually a bridge man although he is not a part of their management team or the fixture committee hence didnt think he was that reliable.

As for Burren being the only team complaining, kingdom were the one to original make the complaint and other clubs followed in behind.  If Down were lucky enough to get to the final again this year which we all hope they do, clubs will have to go without their main players for the majority of the league.  And yes Burren can feel aggreived by having 6 players ( some may say 2 or 3 too many ) missing from their starting team for the majority of the year and then they are expected to gel for the championship within a wk of coming back together.

Why can the league not be started a month or6 wks earlier allowing county players to play 3/4 more games for the clubs before the starred games commenced.  Also if the championship was rattled off in 4 wks at the start of september it would allow clubs to have  a fews prep work done with their county players instead of asking them to come straight in and play the wk after the county team are knocked out of the championship.

Obviously this wouldnt work if Down were in the all ireland final but is this going to happen every year? 

here comes 6

this whole fixture set up is becoming a joke now.  NO games not knowing who or when we play next.  The club player is getting so badly treated here is gone even beyond a joke.   

EagleLord

The whole thing, league and championship should start earlier.

Out in Front

Who is the best fullback playing club football in Down at the moment?