Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NP 76

I know this is for Down club news but i would just like to congradulate both the boys and girls of Ballyholland primary school foe winning their respective county finals today in castlewellan . This is a great achievement in this the schools 90 th birthday . Congradulations to all involved

ardtole

With the growing injury list for the county side has anyone any idea what team James will pick for Saturday in Ennis.
McVeigh
D McCartan  D Gordon  G McCartan
D Rooney K McKernan B McArdle
King and Fitzpatrick
D Hughes M Poland M.Clarke
P McCommiskey R Murtagh B.Coulter

With John Clarke of the panel, Garvey, Rodgers,  Maginn and Rafferty injured among others, will that be close to the team for next week? Were any of the players listed above injured on Friday? Personally Id like to see Murphy included but I read somewhere he is carrying a knock too.

NP 76

Gerald Mc Cartan is supposed to be on crutches . Murphy is carrying a knock on the leg i think .

goldenyears

I believe mcardle pulled hamstring, murphy played full game for club friday night, murtagh is out. Liam. Doyle will start and play as sweeper

Leo

Quote from: Square Ball on June 17, 2011, 11:16:54 PM
someone post the results please, cant get the Down site
This has to be the worst website of any county, cluttered, rarely functioning correctly, always out of date, hard to read most of the time, slower than McNulty's granny - has anyone any idea of what is going on here or do we continue to get the news form the discussion boards?
Fierce tame altogether

whitegoodman

Id be surprised if Doyle starts but maybe u have more info than i do. 

If Murphy is fit he deserves to start especially if Garvey, G McCartan and McArdle are all out.

If Murtagh and McGinn are out we are in a bit of trouble up front, McCumisky may have to go to the half forward line and Lavery into the corner.

Even with upwards on 10 players are missing we should still be too good for an average division 4 team.  It will be the next round that could be different if we dont get some players back.

Sheedy

doyle played in a recent challenge match against kildare and with g mc cartan, garvey, rafferty and mc ardle looking like theyll miss this match i think he'll start. as for the rest of the team itll probably be along expected lines but i wouldnt be surprised to see mooney get a game at some stage.
nil satis nisi optimum

supersub

Think Gerard McCartan is definitely out. We should have adequate cover to beat Clare if we are going to be any sort of force this year. Hopefully those pushing for places over the last while can prove their worth when enevitably called upon on Sat!

NP 76

You are right super sub you would like to think we should have enough cover to beat Clare . All the subs should be pushing hard for places especially when they see how quickly we are picking up injuries . Heard that Doyle played well against Kildare as did Mooney and i wouldnt be surprised to see them get a run . The open space between our defence and our attack would suit Mooney who has pace to burn and who also is very direct something i think we are lacking alot of the time

Leonardo

Heard that Kevin McKernan took a heavy knock last night. Any word?

whitegoodman

When u look at mal mackin, BJP and tony kernan today our defence must be woeful.

Derry destroyed Armagh at midfield and we couldnt win a ball against them.

Mckeever, Donaghy and Mallon get destroyed by one man and none of our 6 could do it.

That wasnt just depressing to watch for armagh supporters!!!

supersub

Too much made of the Armagh game IMO. It was clear their whole team played a level above themselves which would be lucky to happen twice in a season never mind twice in a row. Without doubt down are a better outfit than armagh and i can see them going further than both Derry and Armagh this season in the bigger picture.

Overthebar!

catch yourself on supersub. Down had a lucky run last year and armagh put them back in their place a few weeks back. £20 says Derry will go further than Down this year

EagleLord

Well thats a handy £20 for you. Derry have already got further than Down.

supersub

Are you dizzy up there on that high horse otb?!  :D

Ps EL my initial comment suggested the progress in terms of the all ireland.