Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Warrenpoint drew with Ballymartin in Division 2 last night.

Minus15

Is there any truth in a rumour that the fixtures which are now to be played on Fri 8th June (originally series 13) will be played after the Down Monaghan game on Monday 11th June?

Dubh driocht

Where does that leave Bredagh's night at the races on Friday 22nd June ?

Lecale2

Result

ACHL Div 2
Bredagh 2-13 0-04 Portaferry

johnneycool

Quote from: Lecale2 on May 29, 2007, 09:19:43 PM
Result

ACHL Div 2
Bredagh 2-13 0-04 Portaferry

It's time you boys went up a league.

Whitehair

A swap with ballela on the cards! ;)

No1

QuoteWhat has a raceday got to do with fixtures?

Nothing at all, but one club organises fixtures around a car boot sale.  ::)

Maybe fundraising should take precedence over games?   >:(

johnneycool

Quote from: Whitehair on May 30, 2007, 09:06:51 AM
A swap with ballela on the cards! ;)

I'm sure there's room for both in Div1

stpauls

Monday 21st May
O'Neills International Sportswear League

Div Three
Tullylish (off) Bosco

Does anybody know if this game has been played yet? and if so, what was the score?

Whitehair

Ive never been up at the car-boot sale, is it a club run initative to fundraise or just an act of goodwill to help the parish?

DownFanatic

St Pauls, Tullylish v Bosco hasnt been played yet. The Dundrum v Bredagh game is back on for Monday at 7.30pm.

stpauls

Cheers DF,

just trying to keep my own league table/spreadsheet as up to date as possible.

DownFanatic

Wobbller - No.1, it would probably be more appropriate if yous kept your recent comments to the Car Boot Sale Thread on the non-Gaa board in future.

No1

GAA matches can't be played because of a car boot sale, I'd say that's a GAA issue.

Still, as long as the money is coming in.  It doesn't matter if 10 and 11 year olds don't know what it's like to play on their own pitch.

wobbller

My comments re the car boot sale weren't really about Car Boot sales per say but more a comment against Dundrum for allowing such an activity to stand in the way of our Gaa games on what over many years was the appointed day for Gaa matches--so it wouldn't be suitable for the Non GAA section which you only started today after N01 and my own comments were posted.
Quite sad the whole saga!
I believe this was passed at your AGM sometime. Who propsed it ???   Derek Trotter seconded by Rodney--the vote being carried with the help of Uncle Albert and Trigger.