Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Just yesterday I think. We cant play games early in the afternoon because of the Car Boot Sale. I think it could be a very entertaining match. Funnily enough I dont think we have played yous competitively since the JFC Semi Final in 2005. We had a go at yous last year in a Friendly but we got a serious tankin in that one.

Square Ball

we have a Reserve game against Kilcoo at 7:15 to get to as well. we got well beat yesterday by Bosco, best team won. no questions about that. can Paul McCominskie (Spelling more that likely incorrect) play in this one as the original game was starred? My understanding of this is that he cannot, whats your view?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

DownFanatic

Aye, McComiskey cant play since it is a re-fixed starred game. We got our match with Bryansford Thirds moved to 7.30pm, so it will be a very busy evening of football.

Minus15

newly registered to the board have followed it for quite some time now and decided to offer a contribution. wanted to geta debate going on what the feelings are on many players headin stateside for the summer. does any1 know exactly which players are leaving what clubs. just interested to see what kind of an impact this may have on the clubs in question.

Square Ball

Quote from: DownFanatic on May 26, 2007, 03:10:14 PM
Aye, McComiskey cant play since it is a re-fixed starred game. We got our match with Bryansford Thirds moved to 7.30pm, so it will be a very busy evening of football.

Pauls a great player, have seen him alot against our guys but I would prefer not to see him play tomorrow, but hes only one player. May be a great game, see you there.

amallon

I don't think the Kilcoo Clonduff game was abandoned it ended in a draw and the trouble started at the final whistle.

I heard that Martin Clarke will be back in Ireland at some stage this summer and will be allowed to play football due to something that was included in his contract.  Anyone hear anything about this.  He would be some addition.

The Bridge had a good win over the Ford last night.  Bryansford v Mayobridge

25/05/07
Half time score: 0-3 to 1-7
Full time score: 0-3 to 1-13

Scorers:
Benny Coulter 0-6
Ronan Sexton 0-4
Michael Walsh 0-2
Cathal Magee 0-1
Brendan Grant 1-0

The Ballyholland lads should check out this video on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuMBzsT2tfo   ;D
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

tone

I ve watched Paul McComiskey play for Dundrum,and he looked a very good player but he's all on his own there.When he play,s for down ,and I also seen him playing for Queens his a very special talent,I dont think that if things are not going Down's way next time out he'll sit o the bench for as long as he did last game.He reminds me of James McCartan when he hit the down scene.

DownFanatic

Tone, do you take a vested interest in Division 3?

Square Ball

DownFanatic

the match has been cancelled again!!

Lecale2

What are Dundrum playing at? This game should be awared.

Square Ball

Do not know at whos request the game was cancelled, or the circumstances surrounding it

Cloc Mor

QuoteThe Ballyholland lads should check out this video on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuMBzsT2tfo   

Very strange

DownFanatic

Aye, I hear its cancelled again. Thats the third bloody time. This is gettin ridiculous.

Lecale2

Apparently the game was fixed by County Board for 2.15 but that didn't suit Dundrum due to a car boot sale at their pitch!  ??? I kid you not!

tone

I do downfanatic I know alot of the lads that play in the third,in a few teams and the way the leauges are going at the minute it makes it that bit more intresting,what about yourself where does your intrest lie.