Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brick Tamlin

Probably in the stand watching id wager.

dundrumite

Quote from: Down Follower on March 16, 2011, 11:10:47 AM
Wondering where the Burren players are!!!

Down U20 champions and Ulster U21 champions.

Is Sean Murdock et al still under 21 for this season with the county or overage? Was that Ulster under 21 a 2010 comp?

EagleLord

Reading down that team it looks good to me, each of those young lads in the forwards are game changers on their day too, really looking forward to seeing how they perform as a unit. Think sean murdock would be over age now wouldnt he??

snoopdog

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on March 16, 2011, 10:53:03 AM
I think that team will have bother with a very potent Tyrone side tonight given our defence is average enough against a brilliant forward line consisting of Peter Harte, Kyle Coney, Paddy McNiece, Ciaran Gervin, Ronan ONeill and Mattie Donnelly. But the first round is the best time to get them. Down are without Paul Devlin, Darren OHagan, Barry Kane and Anton McArdle for different reasons, all starters in the 2010 under 21 team while Gerard McAnulty, Arthur McConnville and Chris Duggan where used as subs last year in Breffnie Park. Devlin and the latter 3 are on the bench tonight though, surprised all 4 are not in from the start. Good luck to the lads involved, be a massive scalp if they could win.

No surprise those boys are not in the team sure Cavan destroyed Down last year.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: dundrumite on March 16, 2011, 02:02:18 PM
Quote from: Down Follower on March 16, 2011, 11:10:47 AM
Wondering where the Burren players are!!!

Down U20 champions and Ulster U21 champions.

Is Sean Murdock et al still under 21 for this season with the county or overage? Was that Ulster under 21 a 2010 comp?

they won it two years in a row 2010 & 2011 - something wrong not one is playing tonight...

supersub

The oldest players in that Burren team (who have just won u21s) were too old for the 2010 u20 Down competition,but could play in the u21 ulster (which is just over but is from last season). Sean Murdock, Eamon Toner, Ryan McGovern etc are all too old for this current down team. Not sure about Anton McCardle I think he is eligible alright.

NP 76

What is the story wih Michael Magee is he over age or not . There is two possibly  three lads on the bench that have played senior football in the Mc Kenna cup not making the u 21 team one of them one of the top scorers when they got to the all ireland final

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: NP 76 on March 16, 2011, 05:58:46 PM
What is the story wih Michael Magee is he over age or not . There is two possibly  three lads on the bench that have played senior football in the Mc Kenna cup not making the u 21 team one of them one of the top scorers when they got to the all ireland final

Michael Magee was overage last year.

Mike Tyson

Quote from: EagleLord on March 16, 2011, 02:37:41 PM
Reading down that team it looks good to me, each of those young lads in the forwards are game changers on their day too, really looking forward to seeing how they perform as a unit. Think sean murdock would be over age now wouldnt he??

Yea think Murdock is overage. Agree with you Eaglelord, serious players in the forwards. As much as our lads will be worried about Peter Harte, Kyle Coney(is he injured and on the bench?), Paddy McNiece, Ciaran Gervin, Ronan ONeill and Mattie Donnelly, as Mid Down says, the Tyrone lads will be thinking the same about the Down forwards. Defence a little suspect which would be the only thing worrying me. Stilll think they will win.

downman

Anyone have any idea of the seating capacity at Pairc Esler now that the stands have been finished?

Mid Down Gael

Very enjoyable game tonight in Newry where the lads put up a great performance and where very unlucky not to come away with the win. I just hope they havent missed the boat. I feel Tyrone will improve and learn a lot from tonight for next weeks replay. Ryan Brady and Ben ORielly where absolutly immence for Down while the others all put in a great shift. Role on to Healy Park this day week for the replay.

whitegoodman

Was enjoyable match alright, thought the defence were more immense than the forwards who seemed to just go round in circles a lot of the time. O reilly was impressive at times and Brady did get a good bit of ball but didn't do much with it.

Unfortunately do feel they have missed the boat and can't see them getting a result down there. Ref was pathetic for both teams.

Thun poucher is a wingnut along the line, he has more signs and signals than rafa benetiz and don't think the players no what he is talking about half the time.

supersub

Is thon clown boyo in the down management?

whitegoodman

Yea selector/coach/sign language expert. Seemed to be making quite a few decisions along the line to

Highlander3

Is Ross Mcgarry in the squad?