Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

down6061689194

Quote from: 13aside on October 31, 2010, 08:49:39 PM
heard tullylish were well beat and drumaness won in fermanagh

D'ness 1-14 Maguiresbridge 1-07

Fantastic win.

sabhallphadraig

Still hurting from earlier and we had chances (some removed thru some unusual ref decisions as turkey+ham referenced - very frustratin!) but we're clinging on now. Well done SB, Bredagh took some critical scores on breakaways in the 2nd half to just stay clear. Anyway, next weekend:

Fri Nov 5th(7 30)
O Neills ACFL Div 2 Final
Burren
Ballyholland v Saval(N Cousins)

Sat Nov 6th(2 30)
O Neills ACFL Div 1 Semi Final
Ballyholland
Clonduff v Mayobridge(G Tumelty)

Sun Nov 7th(2 00)
O Neills ACFL Div 2
Relegation Play off
Newcastle
Tullylish v Kilclief(B Rice)

O Neills ACFL Div 3
Relegation Play off
Ballykinlar
St John Bosco v Saul(P Toner)

The Chief

Quote from: lucan on October 31, 2010, 07:46:06 PM
any one see the darracross v drumgath game Who will win the div 3 final

it was a poor game of football in fairness, both sides made mistake after mistake but Drumgath were able to take their scores more readily and deserved to win, Dougie Sheeran and Packie Downey had big performances for Drumgath, a few big refereeing decisions - the darragh players were claiming for a first half penalty but hard to tell if it was in or out of the rectangle from where i was standing, Drumgath lucky to escape bookings on a few occasions, Darragh's midfielder was sent off near the end after a disgraceful punch off the ball out of pure frustration when the game was up - i hate to see this on a football field

as for next week, i think Drumgath can win. Todays game will ensure theyre match fit and sharp come next sunday and if they can limit the leagues best forward Harrison then they have a real chance

BRIDGE LAD

Are Drumgath promoted to Div 2, or does only one team go up?

dundrumite

Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on October 31, 2010, 10:42:40 PM
Are Drumgath promoted to Div 2, or does only one team go up?

One team

knockitdown

Quote from: sabhallphadraig on October 31, 2010, 09:47:48 PM
Still hurting from earlier and we had chances (some removed thru some unusual ref decisions as turkey+ham referenced - very frustratin!) but we're clinging on now. Well done SB, Bredagh took some critical scores on breakaways in the 2nd half to just stay clear. Anyway, next weekend:

Fri Nov 5th(7 30)
Burren

Sat Nov 6th(2 30)
Ballyholland

Sun Nov 7th(2 00)
O Neills ACFL Div 2
Relegation Play off
Newcastle

O Neills ACFL Div 3
Relegation Play off
Ballykinlar

wat about div 3 final??

sabhallphadraig

Quote from: knockitdown on October 31, 2010, 11:46:42 PM
Quote from: sabhallphadraig on October 31, 2010, 09:47:48 PM

Fri Nov 5th(7 30)
Burren

Sat Nov 6th(2 30)
Ballyholland

Sun Nov 7th(2 00)
O Neills ACFL Div 2
Relegation Play off
Newcastle

O Neills ACFL Div 3
Relegation Play off
Ballykinlar

wat about div 3 final??

Not sure why that isn't also slotted in there to get the games played but that's the fixtures sent out for next weekend. Don't rule out changes of venue or even additions to that today for Tuesday's IN.

Banana Man

QuoteQuote from: 13aside on October 31, 2010, 08:49:39 PM

Fantastic win.

Fair play to Drumaness, didn't realise their game was yesterday as well.

Who was the drumgath midfielder that got sent off?

When We Win

Quote from: The Chief on October 31, 2010, 10:07:29 PM
Quote from: lucan on October 31, 2010, 07:46:06 PM
any one see the darracross v drumgath game Who will win the div 3 final

it was a poor game of football in fairness, both sides made mistake after mistake but Drumgath were able to take their scores more readily and deserved to win, Dougie Sheeran and Packie Downey had big performances for Drumgath, a few big refereeing decisions - the darragh players were claiming for a first half penalty but hard to tell if it was in or out of the rectangle from where i was standing, Drumgath lucky to escape bookings on a few occasions, Darragh's midfielder was sent off near the end after a disgraceful punch off the ball out of pure frustration when the game was up - i hate to see this on a football field

as for next week, i think Drumgath can win. Todays game will ensure theyre match fit and sharp come next sunday and if they can limit the leagues best forward Harrison then they have a real chance

I think Drumgath will count themselves lucky with this win but after a few strong performances from their midfield, full forward and half forward they will not fear Glassdrumman. Drumgath got scores from the majority of their attacks but defensively in the first 20 minutes Darragh Cross forwards ran amock. Then they stopped feeding the ball into the scoring positions and it gave Drumgath a bit of time to compose.

Darragh Cross hit the cross bar with their first attack and some sharp defensive play along with forward movement made them look like they would run away wih this one. But Drumgath started to get good ball to Downey throught Jack Lynch and their right half forward put in a good days work dispossing Darragh Cross defenders to notch on a few scores.

That said, Darragh had two players sythed down when it would have been one on one with the keeper with no action taken against the defenders, kicked a bagfull to the keeper, hit the crossbar, and a late goal effort smashed to the side netting. Their forwards drifted out of the game and probably took shots when they should have looked for the man in a better position. Not for the first time this year when i have been watching them. If they had a bit of luck they could have won.

All said well done Drumgath on grinding out their win. They also hit the post late on with a goal bound effort so they will probably say they just shaded this one. They will need to be on their game in the final but Glassdrumman I think rely too much on Harrison who can be to eager in big games and end up walking the fine line. My money is on Drumgath by a point. Glassdrumman will not be able to compete with Lynch, Douggie and Downey. Route one football will win it for them.

knockitdown

Quote from: Banana Man on November 01, 2010, 08:41:21 AM
QuoteQuote from: 13aside on October 31, 2010, 08:49:39 PM

Fantastic win.

Fair play to Drumaness, didn't realise their game was yesterday as well.

Who was the drumgath midfielder that got sent off?

darracross midfielder sent off, not drumgath

supersub

Quote from: No hoper on October 30, 2010, 04:48:40 PM
Ive heard its been changed back to under 20, which is a joke as whichever team wins has to compete at under 21 level. Rostrever had to drop 13 players who had started training but are not available for the under 20 grade

Is this for deff?

Square Ball

Quote from: supersub on November 01, 2010, 05:53:58 PM
Quote from: No hoper on October 30, 2010, 04:48:40 PM
Ive heard its been changed back to under 20, which is a joke as whichever team wins has to compete at under 21 level. Rostrever had to drop 13 players who had started training but are not available for the under 20 grade

Is this for deff?

yeah.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Oglach

Commiseration to our neighbours Leitrim who fell at the weekend, I write this sincrerly because as a member of a small parish and a small  catchment area i know too well of the struggle to find the numbers within our area to feed the demands of a division 1 football team. We're not blessed with 50 U-8s turning up for training on a Saturday morning, indeed we rely on a good fall of snow and an elecrity black out to make the bare 15 lols. Leitim also support a hurley team which they deserve cedit for. They came up along with ourselves in 98 and beat us in two finals that year. We will miss the derbys and the craic and i personaly hope to see them back in 2012.

lfdown2

Quote from: Oglach on November 01, 2010, 11:31:42 PM
Commiseration to our neighbours Leitrim who fell at the weekend, I write this sincrerly because as a member of a small parish and a small  catchment area i know too well of the struggle to find the numbers within our area to feed the demands of a division 1 football team. We're not blessed with 50 U-8s turning up for training on a Saturday morning, indeed we rely on a good fall of snow and an elecrity black out to make the bare 15 lols. Leitim also support a hurley team which they deserve cedit for. They came up along with ourselves in 98 and beat us in two finals that year. We will miss the derbys and the craic and i personaly hope to see them back in 2012.

I didnt think ye's would have it in ye's!
Fair play lad

thewobbler

Hopefully I'll be able to post similarly lachymose words about the demise of our neighbours next week.