Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersub

Quote from: CHB1 on October 18, 2010, 09:31:04 AM
Great games yesterday.  Think Bryansford were a little too one dimensional in that everything had to go through Kalum King in Full Forward.  It definitely worked but I believe their forwards especially in the first half werent moving much.  Ciaran Brannigan was very quiet.  At times in First half Bryansford were breaking from defence and had nothing to aim for except for the high ball into King.  I think McGrath got the timing of his substitutions slightly wrong as he made them when Bryansford were gaining momentum in the 2nd half.  Young Savage had a good game for the Ford - has to be applauded for stepping up to hit that 50 at the end, felt sorry for him as he missed it but he can hold his head high this morning for a great exhibition of scoring. 

Congratulations to Burren on winning the game, think Dawson just got the better with regard to substitutions etc.  Eoin McCartan caused a few problems when coming on - gave the ford defence something to think about.  Burren free taker was immense especially from the wrong side for a right footer.

Yesterdays final bodes well for the county on the whole as both teams are very young and both will certainly be back for future honours I believe.  Kalum King has had a great year and I really feel he will improve next year in county colours as this was his first real involvement at senior inter county level.  Luke Howard is another who was injured at the start of this year but will be in and around the starting 15 next year also.
Refereeing was good yesterday also - couldnt really recall any unfair decisions or bias.

Agree he took some great scores but thought he waste possession a lot around the middle of the field!

Square Ball

Quote from: No hoper on October 18, 2010, 03:11:44 PM
Any word yet on if there is an under 20/21 competition this year or when it starts. And is the 2nds league finished

its u21s again but no date for the first matches
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Trap 2

just a wee note seems a wee bit strange to award ballyholland with one of the best kept grounds award but not giving them a sniff of a senior cship match!!! wats all that about!!!!

supersub

Quote from: Square Ball on October 18, 2010, 04:17:51 PM
Quote from: No hoper on October 18, 2010, 03:11:44 PM
Any word yet on if there is an under 20/21 competition this year or when it starts. And is the 2nds league finished

its u21s again but no date for the first matches

There was a thing in the programme yesterday about th competition, says it is all county this year! No dates though

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Trap 2 on October 18, 2010, 06:28:27 PM
just a wee note seems a wee bit strange to award ballyholland with one of the best kept grounds award but not giving them a sniff of a senior cship match!!! wats all that about!!!!

Probably because its the windiest place in the county!!

Good pitch, pity that matches there are often dominated by the wind.
i usse an speelchekor

southdowngeal

Just before i head to work lads. heard on good authority that stevie poucher was offered the bridge job last night.. any truth?

T O Hare

Quote from: southdowngeal on October 19, 2010, 07:50:05 AM
Just before i head to work lads. heard on good authority that stevie poucher was offered the bridge job last night.. any truth?

Thats true, with Shorty Treaner as his assistant!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

EagleLord

Quote from: T O Hare on October 19, 2010, 10:58:56 AM
Quote from: southdowngeal on October 19, 2010, 07:50:05 AM

Thats true, with Shorty Treaner as his assistant!!

No doubt you'd tear up the seaon ticket T O'Hare!!  :D :D

BRIDGE LAD

The word is that Frank Dawson has approached the Bridge with a view to taking over next year!

twice is nice

Quote from: BRIDGE LAD on October 19, 2010, 06:46:48 PM
The word is that Frank Dawson has approached the Bridge with a view to taking over next year!
Silverbridge would be more prospective club to go to, is that the bridge you on about? Unless he too, was captivated by your excellent band on sunday and wants a trip to the feile with them !!

EagleLord

twice is nice, learn to control your tongue, ye dont have to bite on every post, grow up.

southall

Patrick Mackin has shown a keen interest in the Bridge Job!  Think he would do a good job!  any thoughts?

redandblackareback

Some of you boy's (and i stress BOYS) would seriously need to consider heading over to the hoganstand for a wee bit of.... I heard last night, I heard a rumour, my mates mate told me,  is it true???

Its quite embarrassing some of it and to be honest (bar the bridge posters) who else really really cares who gets the bridge job.

T O Hare

Quote from: twice is nice on October 19, 2010, 07:14:54 PM
Silverbridge would be more prospective club to go to, is that the bridge you on about? Unless he too, was captivated by your excellent band on sunday and wants a trip to the feile with them !!

The feile or the Fleadh ;) :D :D :D Up Clonallen :D
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

5 Sams

Harps gave Kilclief a hiding tonight...3-18 to 1-07...big performances from James Patterson and Gunner Quinn
The Aristocrat Years