Lecale2

SFC final
Burren
v Bryansford

IFC final
Annaclone
v Tullylish

maldini

Anyone know what dates the play-offs for Division 3 are likely to be on?

dundrumite

Quote from: maldini on October 13, 2010, 10:04:41 AM
Well we have another three games to play which I imagine the county board will insist on playing. So you are probably looking at 5th and 12th November

maldini

Quote from: dundrumite on October 13, 2010, 12:27:44 PM
Well we have another three games to play which I imagine the county board will insist on playing. So you are probably looking at 5th and 12th November

was thinking the line up for promotion and relegation play offs could be decided after this weekends games and then play-offs begin without the last couple of matches having to be played

dundrumite

Quote from: maldini on October 13, 2010, 12:41:07 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on October 13, 2010, 12:27:44 PM

was thinking the line up for promotion and relegation play offs could be decided after this weekends games and then play-offs begin without the last couple of matches having to be played
Hope they will be decided by them myself. However, we played Glenn in a meaningless fixture at end of last season. So I am just going by that as a marker.

Leo

All-Star awards for McVeigh, Clarke, Hughes & Coulter.
While McKernan will feel unlucky I think the selectors got it right.
Fierce tame altogether

T O Hare

Quote from: Leo on October 13, 2010, 05:14:59 PM

i thought Kevin was a shoe in and his performances changed Downs season. He has more important things to worry about though with St Marys Clonallen :) :) He will be keen to erase his clubs last two finals defeats :D ;) ;)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

True Blue

Congrats to the 4 boys on their awards. Have to feel for Kevin McKernan, he would have been my first choice out of the down nominees. I feel he was sacraficed as he would have taken 1 of the cork half backs, ie Canty, leaving cork with 3 & down with 5. it was never going to happen that down would have more. the last time the runners-up had more than the winners was in 91 when meath had more awards than down because of the dublin saga. I think the fact that nearly every pundit tipped kevin at CHB just makes it more of a shock. i suppose the cork supporters will be wondering how not 1 forward of the all ireland champions didnt make the cut.
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

Mid Down Gael

Totally disagree. McKernan was far better than each of the half back line, how Canty got awarded is beyond me. He must be hugely disapointed, and feel very aggrieved.
Paddy Kelly, Michael Darragh McAuley, Rory OCarroll and Daniel Goulding are also very unlucky. OCarroll was better than either corner backs while Goulding won Cork the all Ireland.
Congratulations to Brendy McVeigh and the best 3 footballers in Down IMO, Danny Hughes, Marty Clarke and the brilliant Brendan Coulter who in particular deserves this individual accolade.

amallon

Delighted for Benny, he has been slogging a long time for Down.  McKernan was hard done by, I thought he was a cert.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

bcarrier

Well done to the 4 winners and especially Benny. I would agree Mckernan deserved one ...would he be in running for YPOTY or will clarke get that ?

umpire

Congratulation to Brendy, Martin, Daniel and especially Benny.

Major disappointment for McKernan. For me, he was a big game  player who delivered major input in Down bid to win All Ireland.

twice is nice

Quote from: True Blue on October 13, 2010, 06:18:55 PM

Congrats to the 4 boys on their awards. Have to feel for Kevin McKernan, he would have been my first choice out of the down nominees. I feel he was sacraficed as he would have taken 1 of the cork half backs, ie Canty, leaving cork with 3 & down with 5. it was never going to happen that down would have more. the last time the runners-up had more than the winners was in 91 when meath had more awards than down because of the dublin saga. I think the fact that nearly every pundit tipped kevin at CHB just makes it more of a shock. i suppose the cork supporters will be wondering how not 1 forward of the all ireland champions didnt make the cut.
congrats to our allstar recipients, each 1 fully deserves their accolade but probably none more so than benny, a brilliant servant to down and  all round leader illustrated better than ever in the game with donegal!! His displays for down over the years alone leave him worthy of his award. With regard to kevin, yes he will feel rightly aggrieved as i believe he would have been stronger candidate than philip jordan, think cantys pedigree over the last few years perhaps swayed the decision but have no doubt that after shaky start to our ulster campaign kevin has made no 6 his own and will continue to show his worth there in return becoming household name throughout ireland and spoken in same regards as the bennys, cantys etc.. an allstar will be on his mantlepiece in the future hopefully along with many other honours shared with his teammates!! both down and club(burren) { clonallon is a townland between burren and warrenpoint} where as hilltown is neighbouring ;D club to the bridge, thats free geography lesson for t o h

supersub

Quote from: twice is nice on October 13, 2010, 09:49:49 PM
Quote from: True Blue on October 13, 2010, 06:18:55 PM

congrats to our allstar recipients, each 1 fully deserves their accolade but probably none more so than benny, a brilliant servant to down and  all round leader illustrated better than ever in the game with donegal!! His displays for down over the years alone leave him worthy of his award. With regard to kevin, yes he will feel rightly aggrieved as i believe he would have been stronger candidate than philip jordan, think cantys pedigree over the last few years perhaps swayed the decision but have no doubt that after shaky start to our ulster campaign kevin has made no 6 his own and will continue to show his worth there in return becoming household name throughout ireland and spoken in same regards as the bennys, cantys etc.. an allstar will be on his mantlepiece in the future hopefully along with many other honours shared with his teammates!! both down and club(burren) { clonallon is a townland between burren and warrenpoint} where as hilltown is neighbouring ;D club to the bridge, thats free geography lesson for t o h

where most of the players are from ;) haha