Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knockitdown

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: thegael on October 10, 2010, 08:21:19 PM
Gutted today for Kilcoo but they seemed to go into the game with the wrong mindset , too concerned with the opposition . They were very negative and hadn't enough men up front to get the important scores. Last year they had a devil may care attitude with a great work ethic , this year they seemed nervous , over awed and too concerned with the opposition.I cannt see past Burren but I feel kilcoo lost the chance of back to back titles as opposed to others winning .Kilcoo without a doubt lost the 2010 Championship , it was theirs but they just were nearly afraid to go out and express themselves . They'll be back - no doubt.

the gael takes no prisoners!

very well said.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: dundrumite on October 10, 2010, 08:00:30 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on October 10, 2010, 07:21:00 PM
Congratulations to Bryansford who deservedly defeated us today. We hadnt the firepower in attack to take enough scores when on top in the first half, kicking 8 wides, two of them goal chances. The ford gave us problems under the high ball scoring two goals against the run of play.
Our Management where too negative playing with only 4 forwards and truth be told we hadnt as near potent first 15 as what won us last years title.
Congratulations to Bryansford who where comfortable winners on the day, back to the drawing board for Kilcoo.

MGD where was Niall Morgan? Had a great season last year and perhaps may have provided a steady influence in and around the house.

Unfortuntly Nial was suspended for todays game, although he hadnt been featuring at full back this year for some unknown reason anyhow after being our player of the year in 2009.

Mid Down Gael

Predictions League

Senior - Burren
Intermediate - Annaclone
Minor - Kilcoo

redandblackareback

bford are average imo, if kilcoo had taken their chances early on they might have ran away with it. As for Burren, this championship has fallen into their hands, beat an extremely poor loughinisland, a 1 man ballyholland outfit and a bridge 2nds team. Hopefully it will be an interesting final, hard to see past Burren but if ford can win enough ball round the middle they have a big big chance. King has to play there if ford want to win! end of story!

Mid Down Gael

Down fixtures for incoming week

ACFL Division 1
16/10/2010  Kilcoo v  Mayobridge  16:00 Kilcoo Pascal Toner 

ACFL Division 2
16/10/2010  Atticall  v Shamrocks  16:00 Atticall Neill Cousins Round 22
16/10/2010  Ballyholland  v Clann na Banna  16:00 Ballyholland Kieran Trainor Round 22
16/10/2010  Ballymartin  v Saval  16:00 Ballymartin Ned Morgan Round 18
16/10/2010  Kilclief  v Warrenpoint  16:00 Kilclief Mickey Curran Round 22

ACFL Division 3
16/10/2010  Carryduff v  St John Bosco  16:00 Carryduff Eugene O Hare Round 18
16/10/2010  Drumaness v  Ardglass  16:00 Drumaness Gerard Brannigan St Johns Round 18
16/10/2010  Drumgath v   Dundrum  16:00 Drumgath Liam Morgan Round 18
16/10/2010  Saul v  Glenn  16:00 Saul Oliver Burke Round 18
16/10/2010  St Johns  v Glasdrumman  16:00 St Johns Eddie McGrath Round 18

Around A Pound Intermediate Football Championship
17/10/2010  Annaclone v   Tullylish  14:00 Shamrocks Gavin Corrigan 

Morgan Milk Down Senior Football Championship
17/10/2010  Bryansford v   Burren  16:00 Shamrocks Con Reynolds 

sabhallphadraig

SFC final
Burren v Bryansford

IFC final
Annaclone v Tullylish

MFC final
Kilcoo v Rostrevor

MFC 'B' final
Saul v Ballyholland

:)  :)

supersub

SFC final
Burren v Bryansford

IFC final
Annaclone v Tullylish

MFC final
Kilcoo v Rostrevor

TheClutch

Just out of curiosity could any one tell me if wee pete has managed any club to a senior championship in Down? 
Kilcoo have one of the best, if not the best, underage systems in Down, any the number of all county championship winning underage teams coming through for them in the next few years is staggering! Kilcoo still the team to beat in the county I believe!
And Burren are yet to shrugg off the nearly men tag in my eyes! If they beat the ford then things may change!
Good to see Conn Reynolds in charge of final, a top referee and there should be no complaints from either team about the whistle blower at the final whistle!
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

eyeswideopen

SFC final
Burren v Bryansford

IFC final
Annaclone v Tullylish

MFC final
Kilcoo v Rostrevor

RadioGAAGAA

I think the best way of looking at yesterdays game would be to compare it to Arsenal vs. Chelsea.

Most of the pretty football came from Kilcoo. Most of the effective football came from Bryansford. I think Jim McCorry might need to have a wee look at himself and question why he lined out a smallish defence against the obvious aerial threat of the 'ford full forward line. Horses for courses Jim.
i usse an speelchekor

EagleLord

Quote from: charlie stubbs on October 10, 2010, 06:40:43 PM
Quote from: redandblackareback on October 09, 2010, 09:06:48 PM
Never ever thought the bridge would win that game tonight after the first 10mins. Burren bossed it for long periods and look big odds on favourites to capture the county title now. Cant see ford or kilcoo beatin them.

Looks like the bridge domination is now officially over! Thought with the big appointment at the start of the year of mc enaney they really meant business!

in fairness sexton,garvey and coulter would be a big loss for any club side plus mickey walsh.  bit early to discount the bridge at this stage

To be fair to McEnaney, he hadnt a full deck to deal with, I think any club would struggle to win a senior championship semi final without 4 starting players, 3 of whom are county players and one former county player. So I do think it may be a little early to write off the Bridge. Burren may not be all that if they were made to play without McKernan, Dec Rooney, Sean Murdock and James McGovern. Also I see that alot of people talked about this young Burren team, its not like the Bridge team are dinosaurs, sure Ryan Brady and Keith Quinn were county minors a few year ago. The only one that is over 30 is Woods, and he stood out on Saturday in a good way, he gave a fine display of high fielding, superb stuff.  They need to do some work to find replacement for whenever he does decide to call it a day. In saying that though, Burren can only beat whats put up against them. So they must get credit. Im delighted to see there will be a new name on the cup this year, Bryansford and Burren, 2 former forces in county are out to bridge the gap since thier last wins. I am looking forward to the next few years in the senior championship, It will be more open than ever, with any one of 5 or even 6 teams capable to win it.

razor

SFC final
Burren v Bryansford

IFC final
Annaclone v Tullylish

MFC final
Kilcoo v Rostrevor

An Cloch Scoilte

SFC final
Burren v Bryansford

IFC final
Annaclone v Tullylish