Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegael

amallon don't be so naive about a dig what was the previous post about daniel  hughes?

daniel hughes has the perfect attitude to the game and to hear a bunch of bregrudgers put him down is wrong.

he is the perfect role model for young gaelic footballers - it is not as if he drinks too much or runs off to soccer etc.we need more footballers with the attitude of daniel hughes.we need role models not rakers!

the gael takes no prisoners!

amallon

You rightly defend Danny Hughes but have a dig at another player.  I can read between the lines and know who you are getting at.  
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

thegael

amallon if the cap fits another player or player is that the gael's fault?

the issue of role models comes up !

for example should a county senior football captain being playing third or dummy rate soccer in the close season?
what example does that show our youth ?

re forwards not definding boss karr if someone said that they are wrong. the gael is all for players getting roughed up mc menamin would so we gotta get them ready!

the gael takes no prisoners!

amallon

Why should someone not play soccer.  I think it sets a good example to young people that a person would prefer to be out playing the game instead of sitting at a fecking play station simulating the game.

Cloc Mor

Is this the same Daniel Hughes who, along with his Spice Boy friends, threw his dummy out of the pram when the County Board wouldn't get them smaller jerseys which would enabled 'the Boys' to show off their bulging biceps.  I always thought football was about how you played, not how you look.  If looking good is the priority, is it any wonder we win nothing.

amallon

I don't think you ever did get round to telling us what club you are with theGael.

bridgegael

mallon..its not to hard to know what club he is from going by his last few posts!!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

AnDunYeGo

I never said anything about his traning habits i was only stating a fact!! And i think he should be starting for the county.
But there's boys who come back into our club from the county setup and dont try to take over and have thier heads up their holes!!!
there is a diffeence being the main man on the pitch and danderin back in like you own the place

cloneman

Getting back to the actual trials, has anyone heard if any of last years panel are struggling to make an impression with the new management?

Forgot me Boots

When is the final trial, and when is the squad expected to be finalised, or is ther due to be a further round of trials.

TORGAEL

Congratulations to Jacky Lynch of Drumgath , who was named South Down player of the year last night.

Lecale2

Minor B Hurling final
Liatroim 7-11 0-01 Shamrocks

Cloc Mor

Any word on the Annaclone/Liatroim game?

DownFanatic

6th sam

Fair play to Liatroim for retaining their Division 1 status,but you have to have sympathy for Annaclone.
They put up some great performances this year,much like Ballyholland  did in Division 1 last year.
Looking at the standard of Division 1 and 2,is there a case for a 16 team division 1,with a top 8 ,bottom 8 split after the first round of matches,with no playoffs.Surely this would give clubs like Annaclone,Ballyholland,Warrenpoint,Attical a chance to establish themselves in Division 1.
It's absolutely crazy asking players to play their most important match of the season in November.
What about a closed season for our county men?