Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClutch

Comhghairdeas An Dún!!!
I thought the performance on sunday was excellent and the panel in my eyes merit their place in the final.
Every one played extremely well in my eyes apart from JC. I dont mean to give the man a hard time, and take away from the great achievement of getting to the final but i just feel he was second to every ball and posed absolutely no threat to the Kildare backline!
I personally think when JC was playing his better football it was during the league, when the rest of the teams weren't up to championship pace, and now i think it was caught up with him.
Still hard to believe they are in the final but its great to see it!
Seen on the way home from Newry going towards Mayobridge on Monday some one has burnt "Up Down" in a field...everyones getting behind the mourne men!!
An Dún Abú!
2017 Championship Prediction League Winner 8)

waitingforsam

Anderson is a very good player & doubt ihe would be anywhere near the panel f he wasnt worth his place. My understanding is that he was a late call up - fair play to the young lad.

Has had plenty of experience with UUJ over the past few years.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WILL AMBROSE BE FIT FOR FINAL?
Been waiting since '94

stpauls

Quote from: knockitdown on August 31, 2010, 11:52:43 AM
Quote from: supersub on August 31, 2010, 11:32:57 AM
Any word on club championship? Obviously postponed until after the 19th I'd presume! Also are there fixtures for this weekend?

We were told last night that there will be no matches (league or championship) until after the final. Basically a compromise as most of the teams with county players have went through the whole year without them, so at least they will have them for the last 3 or 4 matches.

Only re arranged games can be played inbetween times, ie games that should have been played by now but were postponed for one reason or another.

i assume it is all Senior Championship games are not being played until after the final as we have been told our JFC 1/4 Final is taking this Sunday against Bright?

thegael

I just got word from a high ranking official ( top table) that Cork and Down will wear alternative jerseys - Down yellow jerseys with red and black trim and Cork white jerseys with red trim.
Also let's get to work in painting the county red and black and those of influence get a few high profile unionists to come out in the red and black !

the gael takes no prisoners !

Wee Shea

Quote from: thegael on August 31, 2010, 05:15:31 PM
I just got word from a high ranking official ( top table) that Cork and Down will wear alternative jerseys - Down yellow jerseys with red and black trim and Cork white jerseys with red trim.
Also let's get to work in painting the county red and black and those of influence get a few high profile unionists to come out in the red and black !

the gael takes no prisoners !

Breaking news there the gael.

The same news that the BBC reported yesterday at 2.10pm.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8954697.stm

I would hazard a guess to say the BBC were a bit slow to get it up as well.

down6061689194

Down have also received support from Sports Minister Nelson McCausland.

The DUP MLA, who attended his first Gaelic match last year, said he hoped the team was successful in its bid to bring home the Sam Maguire trophy, although he will not be watching the match himself.

He said: "I won't be watching the game because I don't watch sporting events on Sunday.

"I have said already in relation to the semi-final, if a team from Northern Ireland is playing against a team from the Irish Republic, then naturally I would hope that the team from Northern Ireland would win.

"I hope that the team from Northern Ireland are successful."

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/play-it-again-sam-as-down-is-bitten-by-allireland-bug-14929343.html#ixzz0yD2nauVw

Ridiculous.

umpire

Prediction League.

JFC

02/09/10   St Michaels  v Aughlisnafin
03/09/10   Drumaness v Mitchels
05/09/10   Bright v St Pauls
05/09/10   St John Bosco v Teconnaught

umpire

Div one League
Castlewellan 0.13 Rostrevor 0.10

Dubh driocht

Quote from: umpire on August 31, 2010, 08:57:57 PM
Prediction League.

JFC

westdowngael

JFC

02/09/10   St Michaels  v Aughlisnafin
03/09/10  Drumaness v Mitchels
05/09/10   Bright v St Pauls
05/09/10   St John Bosco v Teconnaught

down6061689194

02/09/10   St Michaels  v Aughlisnafin
03/09/10 Drumaness v Mitchels
05/09/10   Bright v St Pauls
05/09/10   St John Bosco v Teconnaught

umpire

Div one League outstanding games
Round 2

Kilcoo  v Clonduff
Longstone v Liatroim
An Riocht v Rostrevor
Burren v Castlewellan
Mayobridge v Bryansford

Round 15;   
Rostrevor v Bryansford
Castlewellan v Liatroim
Burren v Clonduff
Longstone v An Riocht
Kilcoo v Mayobridge

If Castlewellan lose to Burren and also Liatroim lose to Longstone.
Then Castlewellan need to beat Liatroim by 2 or more points to send Liatroim down to 2nd Div automatically and Castlewellan into playoff.

down6061689194

Town player told me its curtains if they loose.

umpire

If Castlewellan lose to Burren and also Liatroim lose to Longstone.
Then Castlewellan need to beat Liatroim by 2 or more points to send Liatroim down to 2nd Div automatically and Castlewellan into playoff.
[/quote]
Posted by: down6061689194 
Insert Quote
Town player told me its curtains if they loose.

Nope. Town still have a good chance to avoid automatically relagation

umpire

Prediction League.

JFC