Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lecale3

wobbller

Armagh Exile

Is Daniel Hughes still in the senior panel?

Lecale2

Quote from: MadMick007 on May 03, 2007, 09:20:49 AM
The latest I have heard is that the Antrim league fixtures will go ahead with the Senior game being played first, 1.30 and then the county players will rush to get the ferry to be in Ballela for a 6.00pm throw in between Down and Dublin. With Ulster league games scheduled for Saturday it will mean county players will play three matches in 2 days. I believe Ballela need some answers!!  :-[
If that is the case Mad Mick they should be letting people know.

bridgegael

ACFL Div 1

burren  1-08
mayobridge 1-10

competitive match all over.  good result for 'bridge. 
just a note on state of burren field,  the amount of wee stones on it was unreal.  players had the knees cut of them.  something to do with drainage i think.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

amallon

Hope gutsy did a good job for the Bridge with the stats.   ;D
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Fear Boirche on May 01, 2007, 01:31:22 PM
How did Packie Downey do v Louth? Has he done enough to play himself into the Championship team?
Maybe he is the type of player we need. Seems to play with no fear and, if played in two-man ff line, would solve the problem of Benny getting isolated so often when he plays there.

BTW, don't think Kevin and Brendan McGourty are cousins as both have fathers called Sean and that would just be confusing.

Kevin's father Sean Og and Brendan's father Sean Mor are cousins.  Both were members of the St. Gall's team that won the Ulster club title in 1982.

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 30, 2007, 11:13:08 AM
Firstly - Saval, great setup down there now, i dont think ive seen a pitch that looks as flat in a long time, looked to be a perfect surface.

Was up there the other night - I don't think I have ever seen a surface that is so good.  A credit to the club.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

5 Sams

QuoteFirstly - Saval, great setup down there now, i dont think ive seen a pitch that looks as flat in a long time, looked to be a perfect surface.

In fairness lads if you're starting from scratch and paying somebody like Prunty two fortunes to lay a pitch then you would expect it to be flat with a good surface. I think more credit is due to clubs who maintain a older pitches in pristine condition.
The Aristocrat Years

downredblack

Sams , Have you heard how RM's injury is going , will he be fit for Cavan ?

Fíor Gael

By all accounts D Rooney will be starting in full back, and B Grant in centre half. Grant has reportedly been playing excellent for the bridge in CHB, hope he can carry this in to county football, and hope he's up to the pace of the game after been left out for league campaign. Full back was always going to be a problem area for us as it has been over this past couple of years, I'm glad they are not going to try and play Grant here as he struggled last year especially and never looked comfortable. The league campaign if it done nothing else for the management it at least showed them who isn't capable of playing full back. I assume Rooney must be doing the buisness in trainin and might just be the best option available. He seems to be the type of player who'll give his all no matter where he's asked to play and he's good hands. Hope it works out.......

5 Sams

DownRB....I heard Rony's injury officially described as a "niggle" and if thats the case he'll be fit....there's no point asking him how he is cos he's always busting to play. His head would need to be hanging off before he would tell he was not fit.
The Aristocrat Years

Whitehair

May 6th - Official Opening of new Ballela pitch:

Pairc na Naimh (All Saints Park)

2 pm - Blessing of the Pitch by the Very Rev. Paddy Joe Murray PP and official opening of the pitch by Paddy Mc Flynn, past GAA president.

3 pm - NHL Down Juniors v Leitrim Juniors,
referee: Gerard Devlin.

6 pm -  Down  v Dublin ,
referee: Hugh Pat McCusker.

Evening Entertainment:

Barney Greene

Country Hopscotch

cloneman

Annaclone 2-15 Kilclief 1-8

Heard that Saval drew with Ballymartin and Downpatrick beat Banbridge with a goal at the last kick of the game.

Cloc Mor

Warrenpoint beaten again, by 1 point this time by Ballyholland.  Another man sent off with a straight red also.

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 3

Mitchels 1-11  Dundrum 2-11