Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Class of 99

Ambrose would be a massive loss at this stage any word on him???
I reckon fitzpatrick would get the nod but don't want to even think he won't make it at this stage

umpire

St Patrick's park seem to be unlucky ground for Ambrose. he suffer a serious knee injury against Mayobridge in 2006 first round of Down club championship.

redandblack4ever

Is it just me or does it seem that young Ambrose has no luck? I hope his knee is allright, but the kid doesn't seem to get any good breaks as far as his football career goes. I'll start a novena for him tonight. It worked before and maybe it'll work again.

Mrs. redandblack4ever
"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."Edward R. Murrow,American Jounalist,1908-1965

meatsy86

AMBROSE A MAJOR DOUBT FOR SEMI FINAL

According to the irish news today Ambrose has suffered a partial tear to his anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), he has to undergo a further scan when the swelling is down but his chances of playing against kildare aren't very good. This doesn't sound to good if i'm being honest, he has been an inspiration at midfield for us this year and would be a big miss for the final.

Banana Man

It's all speculation at this stage lads, keep the faith, obviously it would be a massive blow but for the first time in a long time we have options on the bench

fingers crossed the big man will be ok though

meatsy86

The lad just seems to have no luck one injury after another, i agree we have some fine options coming off the bench, the most likely replacement would be a straight swap with big peter fitz in my opinion.

When We Win

Peter Fitz has been superb every game he has got an outing. It's a panel game and thankfully Down have cover in all areas. It has been a long time since that happened. If he can not play then someone else gets the chance and you have to assume they will play above and beyond as there is a final at the next hurdle and they will want to be in the mix.

On another matter, anyone know when the Championship quarter final draw will be made?

Banana Man

Yeah they might throw fitzy in or could be a with McArdle going back into Full back and Gordon up to midfield, unless early plays full forward which I think happened in round 4 of the qualifiers or the antrim game then they might want to keep Gordon in there, but there is options and unlike last year we have other men to hit the frees

maldini

Quote from: When We Win on August 11, 2010, 10:01:24 AM
Peter Fitz has been superb every game he has got an outing. It's a panel game and thankfully Down have cover in all areas. It has been a long time since that happened. If he can not play then someone else gets the chance and you have to assume they will play above and beyond as there is a final at the next hurdle and they will want to be in the mix.

On another matter, anyone know when the Championship quarter final draw will be made?

it wont be til after the Down Kildare match

goldenyears

MASSIVE BLOW - Ambrose is irreplaceable given his performances this year and his mobility from midfield.
I would fire him up there with Sean Cavanagh as the two most mobile midfielders in Ireland
We have no one else in the panel that can get up and down (especially driving solo runs) like him

Gutted for the lad......
ps Paul Murphy to make a surprise appearance! ;)

Catch the high ball

Where are the Hurling Championship games taking place tonight?
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Catch the high ball

Ballyvarley and Clonduff progress to the Junior Hurling Championship Final with victories over Carryduff and Castlewellan respectively.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Leg End

Does anyone know if there is a new down song out with similar lyrics to the old bellies full of fire song. If so can u post the lyrics if not can someone post the complete lyrics of the old one
we're here for a good time, not a long time

Lecale2

Quote from: Catch the high ball on August 11, 2010, 08:57:17 PM
Ballyvarley and Clonduff progress to the Junior Hurling Championship Final with victories over Carryduff and Castlewellan respectively.

Ballyvarley v Clonduff in the JHC final. It will be close.

IHC  Kilclief 1-12 3-08  Shamrocks. Shamrocks play Warrenpoint in the semi final.

THE DADGA

carryduff unlucky to lose a man, played very well for a very young team. Ballyvarley played there usual sheep in a heap style hurlin but dragged out the who. Final should be as horrible as the semi's