Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dundrumite

Dundrum 1-08 Bredagh 0-11. Goal with theeee last kick of the game... Division 3 is as tight as a duck's arse at the minute.

TORGAEL

DIV3 RESULT

Drumgath 1-10
Carryduff   0-9

sabhallphadraig

Div3: Saul 1-11 Bosco 1-10

Fair to say we escaped with this one against a strong Bosco side where we led just once in the game - at the only time that counts. Performance was poor though and Bosco will wonder how they left Saul with nothing.

Other Div 3 results from Down site:

Dundrum    1-8   0-11   Bredagh
Glenn    0-11   0-12   St Johns
Drumaness    0-14   3-14   Glasdrumman
Drumgath    1-10   0-9   Carryduff
Ardglass    1-7   0-10   Darragh Cross

With that - I have to agree with Dundrumite's assessment

Mid Down Gael

Remaining Division one results

Burren stuffed the town as expected

Liatriom 0-8 Longstone 1-13

Brick Tamlin

Fuckin Referees!!!
How can the county board justify appointing angry wee pot-bellied men in black waddling about the pitch on friday nights who cant keep up with general play and dont actually know half the frickin rules?

<<off to the grinds my gears thread>>

dundrumite

Quote from: sabhallphadraig on June 11, 2010, 10:21:26 PM
Div3: Saul 1-11 Bosco 1-10

Fair to say we escaped with this one against a strong Bosco side where we led just once in the game - at the only time that counts. Performance was poor though and Bosco will wonder how they left Saul with nothing.

Other Div 3 results from Down site:

Dundrum    1-8   0-11   Bredagh
Glenn    0-11   0-12   St Johns
Drumaness    0-14   3-14   Glasdrumman
Drumgath    1-10   0-9   Carryduff
Ardglass    1-7   0-10   Darragh Cross

With that - I have to agree with Dundrumite's assessment

Have to say am impressed with Saul, after horror start they had they are back in business, winning games by a point here and there (except us), fighting to the bitter end. At the minute their form resembles promotion material as opposed to relegation

EagleLord

EagleLord

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 11, 2010, 12:26:19 PM
QuoteIn 20years time theres no reason why Ballykinlar wont be in Div2 or even 1.

I agree with you. When they get all their lads back from Iraq and Afganistan they could be a real force again.

Not really sure if you're being really sarcastic there or not. Anyways, from talking to a few Ballykinlar men the problem was clear. He says its handy enough for clubs like ours to bring in young blood and keep them interested. But in Ballykinlar and these kinda places, they obviously have to contend with yer ones from the 'other side of the tracks' and young lads be playin soccer. We dont really have that problem in south Down.

lucan

has no one noticed drumgaths progess

Catch the high ball

How did the Minor Hurlers do today vs Armagh?
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

saved the hay

well fellow Glenn supporters what the heck is going wrong with our senior team at the minute anybody with the inside story please enlighten me

umpire

Div One result
Clonduff 3.9 Kilcoo 0.9

Leg End

Quote from: saved the hay on June 13, 2010, 09:02:30 PM
well fellow Glenn supporters what the heck is going wrong with our senior team at the minute anybody with the inside story please enlighten me

not a Glenn man myself. Just speculating that they have 4county minors. Are they missing and is that making the difference???
we're here for a good time, not a long time

John Martin

Quote from: Leg End on June 13, 2010, 11:31:54 PM
Quote from: saved the hay on June 13, 2010, 09:02:30 PM

not a Glenn man myself. Just speculating that they have 4county minors. Are they missing and is that making the difference???

That is part of it but I don't think this team is any better than division 3.
With hard work and a bit of luck they could make the playoffs but they wouldn't be good enough for division 2.

Out in Front

Quote from: Catch the high ball on June 13, 2010, 07:35:44 PM
How did the Minor Hurlers do today vs Armagh?

From the BBC

Armagh beat Down in the Ulster Minor Hurling semi-final

Armagh qualified for their first Ulster Minor Hurling Final in 77 years as they shocked Down 0-13 to 0-10 in Sunday's semi-final at Casement Park.
Down went into the game as strong favourites but Armagh produced an outstanding performance to clinch a deserved victory.
Conor McKee, Shay Gaffney and Conor Corvan were all superb for Armagh.
Armagh keeper Simon Doherty also produced a late diving save to prevent a Down goal.