Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banana Man

QuoteThe following County Senior Footballers  are available to play for
their Clubs in All County League games this weekend.

Declan Alder  Carryduff
Ambrose Rogers Longstone
Mark Doran   Longstone
Liam Lennon Castlewellan
Luke Howard Bryansford
Stephen Kearney Saval
Conor Laverty Kilcoo
Paul Devlin Kilcoo
Aidan Carr Clonduff
Jason Brown Clonduff
Peter Fitzpatrick Ballymartin
Ronan Sexton Mayobridge
Ronan Murtagh Ballyholland
Miceal McCartan Liatroim
Cathal Murdock Burren
Anton McArdle Burren
Daniel McCartan Burren
Ciaran McGovern Burren
Kevin Duffin Castlewellan
Gary McArdle Annaclone

Gary McArdle isn't available, he got sent off against Banbridge, likely to get a month for striking

6th sam

Quote from: off the laces on June 10, 2010, 03:23:27 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on June 09, 2010, 10:00:11 PM
Quote from: In the Onion Bag on June 09, 2010, 08:38:33 PM
Personal Message (Offline)                                                                                  

My predictions:

SENIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP  Roinn  1   

1 Baile Cholmain (Ballyholland)   V Caislean Ruairi  (Rostrevor)-  Good game but bye bye the Harps
2  Boireann (Burren)    V  Loch an Oileain  (Loughinisland) - Bye Bye L'island
3  Liatroim (Liatroim)    V  Cloch Fhada  (Longstone)- Anotehr good game but bye bye Leitrim
4  An Riocht (An Riocht)    V  Cluain Daimh  (Clonduff)- Really good game.  A draw.
5  Droichead Mhaigh Eo (Mayobridge) V  Rinn Mhic  Giolla Rua (Warrenpoint) Bye bye the Point
6  Sabhaill (Saval)    V  Baile Ui  Mhairtin (Ballymartin) Bye bye B'martin
7  Dun Padraig (Downpatrick)  V   Cill  Chua (Kilcoo) Bye bye D'patrick
8  Ath Bhriain (Bryansford )   V  Caislean an  Mhuillin (Castlewellan) Potentially teh best game of the round but bye bye The Town

INTERMEDIATE  FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP  Roinn 1   
(1)  Gleann (Glenn)     V  Clann na Banna (Clann na Banna)- Bye bye Glenn
(2)  Ard Ghlais (Ardglass)     V  Naomh Eoin (St John's)- Dontt know but will go for the Johnnies
(3)  Eanach Cluana (Annaclone)   V   Seamrogai an Iuir (Shamrocks)- Bye bye Shamrocks
(4)  Cros Darach ( Darragh Cross)   V  Ait ti Chathaill (Atticall)- Bye bye the Cross
(5)  Breadach (Bredagh)    V   Tulach Lis (Tullylish )- Bye bye Bredagh
(6)  Dun Droma (Dundrum)    V  Ceathru  Aodha Dhuibh (Carryduff)-  Bye bye Dundrum
(7)  Droim Gath (Drumgath)    V  Naomh  Padraig (Saul).  Bye bye Saul
(8)  Cill Cleithe ( Kilclief)    V    Glasdromainn (Glasdrumman) Difficuly but will go for Glasdrumman

JUNIOR  FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP    Preliminary Round
(a)   Breachtain (Bright)   V  Baile Choinnleora (Ballykinlar) Who cares?  Will go for the Kinlar
(b)   Achadh Dearg (Aghaderg)   V  Naomh Michil (St Michaels) Bye bye Aghaderg
(c)   Droim Bearach (Dromara)  V  Naomh Eoin Bosco (St John Bosco)  If on Sunday then Bye bye Dromara

Statements like this really get on my nerves..
Normally its posters from established senior clubs that come out with this arrogant tripe. It wasn't that long ago Bredagh were in Junior, struggling to get out of four
I am with you on that one you really should wise up to yourself onion bag.
Add my support to that OTL and Dundrumite.
In the onion bag:Bright and Ballykinlar are proud GAA clubs,who have suffered in recent years due to small numbers.Their recent results hint that they may enjoy a resurgence in  success over the next few years.They provide a number of referees.They make their excellent facilities available for county team training,Bright's new grounds are probably in the top 5 in the county.Both clubs have played in the higher echelons of the Down leagues in the past,and have both played in the JFC final relatively recently.In the case of Ballykinlar they developed one of the greatest gaelic footballers of all time,who is still actively involved in the GAA-So in answer to your condescending question ,plenty of Gaels do care about Bright v Ballykinlar.PS I have no association with either club-just a genuine respect for them.

5 Sams

Please see below the pricing arrangements for admission to Casement
Park for the Down v Tyrone Ulster Semi Final, this game is not an All
Ticket Fixture, in relation to covered Stand Tickets due to the
limited number of Tickets available to us we are only able to allocate
2 per Club, please indicate to me by 1.00 pm on Monday 14th June if
your Club wishes to take up its allocation of 2 Stand Tickets.

***Prices for this Fixture are confirmed as follows:***Covered Stand - €27 / £23
ALL STAND Tickets will be scanned at the stile.

Admission to the Terrace and Open Seating will be pay in on the day at
the following rate:
Uncovered Stand Adult - €25 / £21
Uncovered Stand Senior Citizen  - €15 / £13
Adult Terrace - €15 / £13
Juvenilles U16 are free into the Terrace and Open Seating
Senior Citizen Terrace- €10 / £9

ALL STAND Tickets will be scanned at the stile.
The Aristocrat Years

Mourne Rover

The list of county squad members released to play for their clubs tomorrow night is worth a look. Ambrose is presumably on it because he needs gametime, and must still be in line to start at Casement Park. Peter Fitzpatrick, even after his fine display after coming on against Donegal, seems likely to stay on the bench against Tyrone.  However, if Darren O'Hagan has not been allowed to play club football after impressing as a sub in Ballybofey, he must be close to the first 15 next week. O'Hagan is very young for an Ulster semi, but he has strength, pace and is comfortable on the ball. Kevin McKernan will definitely be looking over his shoulder.

Mid Down Gael

Division 2 Result

Loughinisland 1-10 Saval 2-10

Stephen Kearney and Stephen Sands with the Saval goals.

EagleLord

Quote from: 6th sam on June 10, 2010, 04:22:23 PM
Quote from: off the laces on June 10, 2010, 03:23:27 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on June 09, 2010, 10:00:11 PM
Quote from: In the Onion Bag on June 09, 2010, 08:38:33 PM
Personal Message (Offline)                                                                                  

My predictions:

SENIOR FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP  Roinn  1   

1 Baile Cholmain (Ballyholland)   V Caislean Ruairi  (Rostrevor)-  Good game but bye bye the Harps
2  Boireann (Burren)    V  Loch an Oileain  (Loughinisland) - Bye Bye L'island
3  Liatroim (Liatroim)    V  Cloch Fhada  (Longstone)- Anotehr good game but bye bye Leitrim
4  An Riocht (An Riocht)    V  Cluain Daimh  (Clonduff)- Really good game.  A draw.
5  Droichead Mhaigh Eo (Mayobridge) V  Rinn Mhic  Giolla Rua (Warrenpoint) Bye bye the Point
6  Sabhaill (Saval)    V  Baile Ui  Mhairtin (Ballymartin) Bye bye B'martin
7  Dun Padraig (Downpatrick)  V   Cill  Chua (Kilcoo) Bye bye D'patrick
8  Ath Bhriain (Bryansford )   V  Caislean an  Mhuillin (Castlewellan) Potentially teh best game of the round but bye bye The Town

INTERMEDIATE  FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP  Roinn 1   
(1)  Gleann (Glenn)     V  Clann na Banna (Clann na Banna)- Bye bye Glenn
(2)  Ard Ghlais (Ardglass)     V  Naomh Eoin (St John's)- Dontt know but will go for the Johnnies
(3)  Eanach Cluana (Annaclone)   V   Seamrogai an Iuir (Shamrocks)- Bye bye Shamrocks
(4)  Cros Darach ( Darragh Cross)   V  Ait ti Chathaill (Atticall)- Bye bye the Cross
(5)  Breadach (Bredagh)    V   Tulach Lis (Tullylish )- Bye bye Bredagh
(6)  Dun Droma (Dundrum)    V  Ceathru  Aodha Dhuibh (Carryduff)-  Bye bye Dundrum
(7)  Droim Gath (Drumgath)    V  Naomh  Padraig (Saul).  Bye bye Saul
(8)  Cill Cleithe ( Kilclief)    V    Glasdromainn (Glasdrumman) Difficuly but will go for Glasdrumman

JUNIOR  FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP    Preliminary Round
(a)   Breachtain (Bright)   V  Baile Choinnleora (Ballykinlar) Who cares?  Will go for the Kinlar
(b)   Achadh Dearg (Aghaderg)   V  Naomh Michil (St Michaels) Bye bye Aghaderg
(c)   Droim Bearach (Dromara)  V  Naomh Eoin Bosco (St John Bosco)  If on Sunday then Bye bye Dromara

Statements like this really get on my nerves..
Normally its posters from established senior clubs that come out with this arrogant tripe. It wasn't that long ago Bredagh were in Junior, struggling to get out of four
I am with you on that one you really should wise up to yourself onion bag.
Add my support to that OTL and Dundrumite.
In the onion bag:Bright and Ballykinlar are proud GAA clubs,who have suffered in recent years due to small numbers.Their recent results hint that they may enjoy a resurgence in  success over the next few years.They provide a number of referees.They make their excellent facilities available for county team training,Bright's new grounds are probably in the top 5 in the county.Both clubs have played in the higher echelons of the Down leagues in the past,and have both played in the JFC final relatively recently.In the case of Ballykinlar they developed one of the greatest gaelic footballers of all time,who is still actively involved in the GAA-So in answer to your condescending question ,plenty of Gaels do care about Bright v Ballykinlar.PS I have no association with either club-just a genuine respect for them.

Im goint to rally behind this too. Whoever said that initial comment should be ashamed. It screams of pure ignorance. Every club goes through a barren few years, especially in this county, there are plenty of examples. As I have said before the barren spells endured by Mayobridge and Kilcoo follwed by senior championships. It was only a few years ago the Finn were the whipping boys and now are putting results together. In 20years time theres no reason why Ballykinlar wont be in Div2 or even 1. Whatever success the club may have in the future it will no doubt be down to the Gaels that are supporting the club now, keeping it going when maybe its not the best team about.

Lecale2

QuoteIn 20years time theres no reason why Ballykinlar wont be in Div2 or even 1.

I agree with you. When they get all their lads back from Iraq and Afganistan they could be a real force again.

DownFanatic

I can't understand why more hasn't been made of the situation involving our county senior team management over the past few days.

Despite clear rules being in place - County Bye Law 3.7 - and the fact that this series of fixtures is neither (**** or *****), Wee James and co have decided to prevent certain players from lining out for their clubs tonight. This is totally unlawful and is in clear breach of the rulebook.

Our county executive seemed to have rolled over and complied. What is the point in creating new rules and making them part of bye laws if county management teams are just going to go ahead and do what they want?

Disgrace.

norabeag

Quote from: DownFanatic on June 11, 2010, 02:48:58 PM
I can't understand why more hasn't been made of the situation involving our county senior team management over the past few days.

Despite clear rules being in place - County Bye Law 3.8 - and the fact that this series of fixtures is neither (**** or *****), Wee James and co have decided to prevent certain players from lining out for their clubs tonight. This is totally unlawful and is in clear breach of the rulebook.

Our county executive seemed to have rolled over and complied. What is the point in creating new rules and making them part of bye laws if county management teams are just going to go ahead and do what they want?

Disgrace.
Would be very difficult to do anything about it now that L'Island and Saval played last night. Cant imagine Saval forfeiting the two points at this stage.
Cant also understand how it wasn't down as possible starred game from the outset.

DownFanatic

Quote from: norabeag on June 11, 2010, 03:15:27 PM

Despite clear rules being in place - County Bye Law 3.8 - and the fact that this series of fixtures is neither (**** or *****), Wee James and co have decided to prevent certain players from lining out for their clubs tonight. This is totally unlawful and is in clear breach of the rulebook.

Disgrace.
Would be very difficult to do anything about it now that L'Island and Saval played last night. Cant imagine Saval forfeiting the two points at this stage.
Cant also understand how it wasn't down as possible starred game from the outset.

It wasnt down as a possible starred game in the first place because that would have contravened Bye Law 3.8.

western exile

There are reports of a lot of discontent in Tyrone as a full round of championship fixtures have been postponed because of this game.  Mickey Harte has told the club managers to "step back and see the big picture"  :-\

Mid Down Gael

Disgrace.

Totally agree. Some clubs are suffering badly due to this. The size off squad at present also has to be questioned. Players where cut off the squad after the league and now as the championship is in full swing 6 or 7 new lads have been called up, some off them surely not on merit. Why train lads from January to May and drop them to replace them with men who were not deemed good enough in January?

mournerambler

Disgrace.

I think its 3.7 your referring to DF, 3.8 is a bye law outlining the CCC's job description.
Have to say that I think this shambolic c@ck up has just made the County Bye Laws a waste of time & paper, this now leaves a massive opening for rules to be challenged in future if they clearly wern't enforced on this occasion, I personally don't see the point in having bye laws if they are going to be ignored by the the powers that be/Senior team mangement when it suits them, joke!

John Martin

Result
Glenn 0-12
St. Johns 0-13

Mid Down Gael

Bryansford 0-9 Mayobridge 2-9