Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

Fíor Gael - Benny had a good enough game.  He scored 1-2.  He took his goal well, worked hard and looked in good shape.  However the two Sextons have been over shadowing everone this season so much so I'd start both of them against Cavan in the forward line.  Noel in the half forward line, Ronan in the full forward line to play out round the middle picking up the scraps. 

Patsy (Paul) McShane was sent off for Clonduff straight red.  He swung an elbow/arm at Michael Walsh and caught him in the face. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

greygoose

Somebody buy Brick that rope he is looking for.... lol

amallon

Down Senior Football Players that are eligible for selection by their Clubs on Friday Night

Adrian Carville
Liam Doyle
Brendan Grant
Brendan McGourty
Colm Murtagh
Damien Rafferty
Ambrose Rogers
Bryan Sweeney
Michael Walsh

Whats the story with Ambrose? 

Johnnie99 - I got forwarded the league tables in Excel format and they still have the mistake you spotted in Division four.

downredblack

"What's the story with Ambrose ?"

Would also like to know the story with Doyle / Rafferty / Walsh ? Are they a long way off county fitness at the moment ?

amallon

I'm imagine Ross will let Michael Walsh play a good few of these starred games to get himself up to match pace. 

spiritof91and94

Quote from: amallon on April 26, 2007, 08:56:32 AM
Down Senior Football Players that are eligible for selection by their Clubs on Friday Night

Adrian Carville
Liam Doyle
Brendan Grant
Brendan McGourty
Colm Murtagh
Damien Rafferty
Ambrose Rogers
Bryan Sweeney
Michael Walsh

Johnnie99 - I got forwarded the league tables in Excel format and they still have the mistake you spotted in Division four.

aidan,
Are you telling me that Stephen Toner isnt able to play for us? He has only played 5 mins in 4 games so far,picking up a ankle injury, and if he is deprived Club Football he wont get to get alot of ball this year. On Bryansford performances so far Carville is showing well and has now moved back home from England and the games will stand to him, he was a whole lot more significant than Colm McCrickard on Monday night although still not the answer to number 8 or 9.  Agree with you in relation to Noel Sexton, he is a class act alright and would be more effective than say Eoin McCartan anyday.
Heard that Ambrose will play for Stone on Friday in An Riocht.

amallon

Thats good news on the Ambrose front.

Thats what it said on the email from the Co. Board Spirit.

Down Senior Football Players that are stared on Friday Night

John Boyle

Aidan Byrne

Aidan Carr

John Clarke

Martin Cole

Bernard Connell

Brendan Coulter

Darren Cunningham

Packie Downey

Dan Gordon

Owen Henry

Daniel Hughes

Stephen Kearney

Brendan Loughran

Jackie Lynch

Daniel McCartan

Eoin McCartan

Marty McClean

Paul McComiskey

Colin McCrickard

James McGovern

Kevin McGuigan

Michael McVeigh

Paul Murphy

Ronan Murtagh

Declan Rooney

Ronan Sexton

Stephen Toner

Peter Turley
----------------------------------------------------

johnneycool

Quote from: amallon on April 26, 2007, 08:56:32 AM

Adrian Carville
Liam Doyle
Brendan Grant
Brendan McGourty
Colm Murtagh
Damien Rafferty
Ambrose Rogers
Bryan Sweeney
Michael Walsh

who is Brendan McGourty playing club football for?

No1

Darragh Cross, he played against Carryduff on Monday past.  Don't know how the St Pauls boys feel about that.  He must be able to pick and choose who he plays for!

I take it we are operating with a panel of 38 then?  When did Brendy Loughran return?  Who is Aidan Byrne?

uselessfootballer

Brendan McGourty last lined out for St Pauls, in the 2006 U-21 Championship. Not sure if he's been about at all this year though

5 Sams

I see Ross and DJ are meeting with club managers and reps tonight in Newcastle....what would you ask them if you were there as your club rep?
The Aristocrat Years

Lecale2

Bredagh's Div 3 game tonight away to Dundrum has been cancelled due to a bereavement in the Dundrum club.

uselessfootballer

Can anyone help with directions to the pitch in Dromara, coming down from Belfast

passedit

read back a page, ye lazy fecker! ;D
Don't Panic

Lecale2

Head to Ballynahinch, out Dromara Rd to Dromara through the village towards Rathfriland. First on left outside the village on Rathfriland Rd, pitch is half mile up that road.