Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

Centre full back is not a position that exists in gaelic football to me, if you are referring to number 3 position.
Thats called full back, end of.

DownFanatic

Quote from: Wind yer neck in on May 20, 2010, 09:59:41 PM
I hear some of the players on the County panel will be playing for their clubs tomorrow night. Do we know who is starred and who is not and can the county management make allowances?

Liam Lennon Castlewellan
Ronan Sexton Mayobridge
Mark Doran Longstone
Ciaran McGovern Burren
Brendan McArdle Annaclone
Ronan Murtagh Ballyholland
Declan Alder Carryduff

All available to play tomorrow night.

Town Gael

Quote from: DownFanatic on May 20, 2010, 11:27:32 PM
Quote from: Wind yer neck in on May 20, 2010, 09:59:41 PM
I hear some of the players on the County panel will be playing for their clubs tomorrow night. Do we know who is starred and who is not and can the county management make allowances?

Liam Lennon Castlewellan
Ronan Sexton Mayobridge
Mark Doran Longstone
Ciaran McGovern Burren
Brendan McArdle Annaclone
Ronan Murtagh Ballyholland
Declan Alder Carryduff

All available to play tomorrow night.

Is Daniel McCartan not allowed to play as well as he won't be featuring in Ballybofey??

thewobbler

Dan would have got a category one for stamping, an all out ban to include handball, rounders and camogie.

Wind yer neck in

Well Dan may still be available for ladies football as its not on your list. From boxing to stamping to ladies football all in a few months.  ;D. On a serious note though how can some county players be free and others not, i'm sure the other clubs would like their players tonight? A competitive match would be better that a splinter picked up on the subs bench?

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Catch the high ball

Castlewellan 0.15
Mayobridge 1.14
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

thewobbler

Ballyholland 0.20
loughinisland 1.07

Murtagh got 9 or 10. Superb performance from the Harps.

DownFanatic

Down ACFL Division 3

Dundrum 0-15  Drumaness 0-12

DownFanatic

ACFL Division 1

Rostrevor  1-15 1-12 Liatroim  Rostrevor Round 8 

ACFL Division 2

Atticall  0-11 0-11 Ballymartin  Atticall Round 10

Square Ball

norabeag

Downpatrick bt Annaclone by 4 or 5

Square Ball

Drumgath  2-8 0-12 Glenn  Drumgath Round 10 
Ardglass  0-8 0-9 Saul  Ardglass Round 10 
St Johns  0-12 1-9 Carryduff  St Johns Round 10

True Blue

t/lish 3-13 w/point 1-17

the blues slipping and sliding into the bottom 4

wasnt at the game and cant comment but that's a bad defeat for us even away from home. not to many teams are going to lose after putting 20 on the board but we can!!!!

the blues have lost against 3 of the big boys - saval, b/martin & b/holland and picked up wins at d/patrick attical & home to annaclone and gave away a point against banna leading by 6 with 7 min to go.

The point are finding it tough enough this year and have to play island shamrocks & kilclief to round off the first half of the season. all 6 points are needed or we could find ourselves being dragged into a dogfight
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

Lecale2

Did anybody else get an E Mail from the Loughinisland lad who's stuck in Nigeria? I couldn't afford a grand but I sent him £200 to help him out. I haven't heard if he's home yet. Does anybody know him?

Here's the E Mail.

I need your help urgently
Island Blue <loughinislandgac@hotmail.co.uk>
Add to Contacts
To:   Island Blue <loughinislandgac@hotmail.co.uk>   

Hello,
How are you doing today?.I am really sorry to bother you with this email but i just want you to know what i am facing right now. I am sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling to west africa for a Seminar,i am presently in nigeria now but unfortunately for me i lost my wallet which contains my money and other valuable things in a taxi.I can easily access the internet for now but i am not here with my mobile phone.I want you to assist me urgently with a loan of 1000Pounds to sort-out my hotel bills and to get myself back home. I have spoken to the embassy here but they are not responding to the matter effectively,i promise i will pay you back as soon as i return.Kindly let me know if you can be of help so that i can send you the details you will use to send the money to me here in Nigeria.

Your reply will be greatly appreciated.
Peter