Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catch the high ball

Quote from: T O Hare on May 12, 2010, 07:03:41 PM
Quote from: Out in Front on May 12, 2010, 05:56:00 PM
Saw this on the Down website, does anybody know where the final is and what time and who the Abbey play?

Abbey CBS Prepare For DAlton Cup Final

Date : 12/05/2010 15:08
This is the Abbey's first final since 1993-94.  They are aiming for their 5th D'Alton title.  The last time the Abbey contested a Final the team included Michael Walsh, Ronan Sexton, Damien Rafferty and Danny Hughes.

The final has paired off the competitions two unbeaten teams.  Abbey had victories over Omagh, Armagh and St. Pius X in the group stages and topped their group with three wins.  They were then drawn against Enniskillen in the ¼ final and won that game by 5 points.  In the semi final they beat Omagh again to book their place in Thursday's final.   This is the Abbey's first Colleges A final since winning the Corn na n-Óg in 1995-96.  14 local clubs from South Down and South Armagh are presented on the squad.

Three members of the team played in last year's Dalton semi final defeat to eventual winners Maghera, captain, Sheagh Dobbin, his midfield partner Conor Mc Coy and the injured Killian Mc Evoy, who misses the final after being instrumental in getting the team to this stage.

Good luck to the Abbey CBS lads. It has been a successful year for football in Down and hopefully the DAlton Cup will be returning to Newry this year.

They play St Pats Cavan this Saturday.. not sure of the venue though!!!
BT D'Alton Cup final, Thursday 2pm, Pearse Og Armagh :
Abbey Newry v St Patrick's Cavan

From Ulster Colleges website.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Dubh driocht

Quote from: T O Hare on May 12, 2010, 01:17:30 PM
Quote from: goldenyears on May 12, 2010, 12:51:39 PM
this thread used to have a pretty good level of scandal, debate and craic.....only i am addicted to the fkn thing i keep logging in! but for why, to read a load of shite from hoganstand converts

>:(

my team for Donegal
1. B McVeigh
2.K McKernan
3. B McArdle
4. D Rafferty
5. A Carr
6. J Colgan
&. C Garvey
8. K King
9. D Gordan
10. D Hughes
11. M Clarke
12.P McComiskey
13. R Murtagh
14. J Clarke
15. B Coulter
This is probably the team James will pick but Danny Hughes and Ronan Murtagh would not be on my starting 15. I would have Maginn and Carr as the two half-forwards and Timmy Hanna in the half-back line.All this assumes Ambrose is out - any news ?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Dubh driocht on May 12, 2010, 08:08:59 PM
this thread used to have a pretty good level of scandal, debate and craic.....only i am addicted to the fkn thing i keep logging in! but for why, to read a load of shite from hoganstand converts

my team for Donegal
1. B McVeigh
2.K McKernan
3. B McArdle
4. D Rafferty
5. A Carr
6. J Colgan
&. C Garvey
8. K King
9. D Gordan
10. D Hughes
11. M Clarke
12.P McComiskey
13. R Murtagh
14. J Clarke
15. B Coulter
This is probably the team James will pick but Danny Hughes and Ronan Murtagh would not be on my starting 15. I would have Maginn and Carr as the two half-forwards and Timmy Hanna in the half-back line.All this assumes Ambrose is out - any news ?

Timmy Hanna has been cut off the panel so he wont feature. Carr is also extremly doubtful through injury and likely will not have enough game time behind him to be condidered.

Mid Down Gael

Division one Result

Castlewellan 0-14 Longstone 2-11

lucan

to dundrumite.the drums are drumgath whatwould glen have to fear from dundrum.

The Worker

any word on Luke Howard? is he still injured.......

dodgy umpire

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on May 12, 2010, 09:09:23 PM
Quote from: Dubh driocht on May 12, 2010, 08:08:59 PM

my team for Donegal
1. B McVeigh
2.K McKernan
3. B McArdle
4. D Rafferty
5. A Carr
6. J Colgan
&. C Garvey
8. K King
9. D Gordan
10. D Hughes
11. M Clarke
12.P McComiskey
13. R Murtagh
14. J Clarke
15. B Coulter

Timmy Hanna has been cut off the panel so he wont feature. Carr is also extremly doubtful through injury and likely will not have enough game time behind him to be condidered.

I wouldnt play Paul McC at half forward, though he has to be a cert for the FF line along side John C and Benny. Danny Hughes (who I have always rated as a half forward) is a difficult one, he is a real work horse and covers a lot of ground throughout games, but can be prone to making the wrong decision in the final third of the field. In spite of this I would still give him the nod, as he is generally good for a point or two. I think Maginn's performance in the Div 2 final should not be allowed to disguise the fact that he is worth a starting place against Donegal, as many of our players also had a poor day at the office. Ambrose fit would of course be a major boost.
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Mourne Rover

T O'Hare's team for Donegal
1. B McVeigh
2.K McKernan
3. B McArdle
4. D Rafferty
5. A Carr
6. J Colgan
&. C Garvey
8. K King
9. D Gordan
10. D Hughes
11. M Clarke
12.P McComiskey
13. R Murtagh
14. J Clarke
15. B Coulter
[/quote]

Garvey might be better suited to corner back than McKernan, but we are running out of defenders. If it is correct that both Hanna and Murphy have left the squad, and Rafferty, McArdle and Carr are struggling with new injuries, then, with McCartan suspended, and the likes of Doyle, Howard, Rooney and McGovern recovering from long-term setbacks, our resources at the back are going to be very stretched.

Ambrose must be unlikely to start in Ballybofey, so the midfield picks itself, and at least we have plenty of options up front. Hughes has been poor of late, and apart from one fine point did very little right at Croke Park, so he might be better coming off the bench. Poland (if fit) and Maginn could join Marty Clarke in the half forward line, and our best FF fline is still probably McComiskey, John Clarke and Benny.

dundrumite

Quote from: lucan on May 12, 2010, 09:48:07 PM
to dundrumite.the drums are drumgath whatwould glen have to fear from dundrum.

Of course, how foolish of me  ::)

THE DADGA

anybody in the know aware if the club championship draws are bein made the day/night?

dundrumite

Think he made his return to action with the Ford as a sub last weekend, be too soon to be Inter county match fit in just three weeks. Major concern all these injuries and suspensions to the defence, especially one that had built up a good relationship over the course of the National league.

CHB1

Think Darren O'hagan from Clonduff could be a surprise inclusion in the line up for the game with Donegal.  If not starting definetly a sub.  Has been playing great stuff this year.

Wind yer neck in

Luke back training with club and county also played a few minutes as sub for Ford. Progressing well but probably not just ready for the cut and thrust of championship football just yet. Definitely would be worth a place on bench against Donegal as good cover. Timmy Hanna also has withdrawn from panel, injury not healing and needs rest and recovery. So the county is in need of some cover and will maybe have to bring in new/old blood. Would Stevie Toner be worth introducing back to panel as he is playing well for the Ford. Any other considerations?

Dannymcfella

Any games being played tonight? I know annaclone Ballymartin is but a bit of a trek

batman

Team for Donegal
1. B McVeigh
2. D Rooney
3. B McCardle
4. D Rafferty
5. C Garvey
6. J Colgan
7. K McKernan
8. A Rodgers
9. K King
10. C Maginn
11. M Clarke
12. D Hughes
13. P McComiskey
14. J Clarke
15. B Clarke
If the full back line does not recover can see garvey being dropped back. If Ambrose doesnt start I would presume Gordan would