Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maiden1

Quote from: No1 on May 11, 2010, 10:24:54 AM
QuoteKilclief did not deserve the 10 points which was registered on the scoreboard which were mainly from frees probably only 2 points from play. The referee gave them a lot of easy frees. If this game was tighter the referee probably would have handed the game to Kilclief.

FFS, you are some slabber.  The only thing worse than a sore loser is an arrogant winner, were you not content with the complete hammering yiz handed out?

DF, I'd say 12 years is about right and if I remember correctly Attical went up the year before us.  It is looking ominous for us even at this early stage.  Still, at least S*ul will be in Div 4 next year.   :o

Reserve football is where it's at these days anyway and if anyone is looking to get a hard but fair and completely within the rules challenge on one of our much maligned referees then you need to arrange a match with Dromara II's.  Think I counted 3 current whistlers playing for them on Sunday past!

I think Kilclief got promoted from division 4 in 1995 and went straight up to 2 the year after.  Might be wrong about the going straight to 2 bit.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

lucan

look out glenn . the drums are waiting for you.

lucan

glassdrummans  umpire needs to take a lie detector test and should be nominated  for an oscar for his diving stunt

dundrumite

Quote from: lucan on May 11, 2010, 07:05:06 PM
look out glenn . the drums are waiting for you.

The drumsgath or the Dundrums? never heard off either the teams being refered to as that, my reason for asking?

cokers

Quote from: No1 on May 11, 2010, 10:24:54 AM
QuoteKilclief did not deserve the 10 points which was registered on the scoreboard which were mainly from frees probably only 2 points from play. The referee gave them a lot of easy frees. If this game was tighter the referee probably would have handed the game to Kilclief.

FFS, you are some slabber.  The only thing worse than a sore loser is an arrogant winner, were you not content with the complete hammering yiz handed out?

DF, I'd say 12 years is about right and if I remember correctly Attical went up the year before us.  It is looking ominous for us even at this early stage.  Still, at least S*ul will be in Div 4 next year.   :o

Reserve football is where it's at these days anyway and if anyone is looking to get a hard but fair and completely within the rules challenge on one of our much maligned referees then you need to arrange a match with Dromara II's.  Think I counted 3 current whistlers playing for them on Sunday past!

Kilclief were promoted in 1996 as well you know no.1

Fíor Gael

Quote from: charlieTully on May 11, 2010, 10:51:36 AM
Quote from: Fíor Gael on May 11, 2010, 10:31:44 AM
Quote from: sebastion on May 10, 2010, 09:50:30 PM
Drumgath battled hard could have won by more was an incident at the end Ryan Doran busted Mark Connelly looked nasty enough

Ging Connolly got busted, well he didnt get it for his charity work ;) Big result for Drumgath but realistically I doubt if Glasdrumann are near as good as they think they are and Drumgath are always hard to beat after they get the first coulpe of games out of the road.

there is a spell check you can use f.g  :o

Charlie smell check my balls ;D

goldenyears

this thread used to have a pretty good level of scandal, debate and craic.....only i am addicted to the fkn thing i keep logging in! but for why, to read a load of shite from hoganstand converts

>:(

T O Hare

Quote from: goldenyears on May 12, 2010, 12:51:39 PM
this thread used to have a pretty good level of scandal, debate and craic.....only i am addicted to the fkn thing i keep logging in! but for why, to read a load of shite from hoganstand converts

>:(

my team for Donegal
1. B McVeigh
2.K McKernan
3. B McArdle
4. D Rafferty
5. A Carr
6. J Colgan
&. C Garvey
8. K King
9. D Gordan
10. D Hughes
11. M Clarke
12.P McComiskey
13. R Murtagh
14. J Clarke
15. B Coulter
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

5 Sams

You dont fancy Ambrose then Tommy?
The Aristocrat Years

T O Hare

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 12, 2010, 02:19:21 PM
You dont fancy Ambrose then Tommy?

If he was fit he would be a shoe !!!

5 Sams

Sorry didnt know he was hurt....Murtagh will struggle to be fit as well...he came on for us on Saturday night and clearly wasnt at full stretch....
The Aristocrat Years

T O Hare

Quote from: 5 Sams on May 12, 2010, 02:28:04 PM
Sorry didnt know he was hurt....Murtagh will struggle to be fit as well...he came on for us on Saturday night and clearly wasnt at full stretch....

The Harps had a good win!!! Your manager must know a bit more about football than he does about quizzes  ;) ;D

5 Sams

The less said about that the better....I believe he got quare stick about it!!
The Aristocrat Years

Out in Front

Saw this on the Down website, does anybody know where the final is and what time and who the Abbey play?

Abbey CBS Prepare For DAlton Cup Final

Date : 12/05/2010 15:08
This is the Abbey's first final since 1993-94.  They are aiming for their 5th D'Alton title.  The last time the Abbey contested a Final the team included Michael Walsh, Ronan Sexton, Damien Rafferty and Danny Hughes.

The final has paired off the competitions two unbeaten teams.  Abbey had victories over Omagh, Armagh and St. Pius X in the group stages and topped their group with three wins.  They were then drawn against Enniskillen in the ¼ final and won that game by 5 points.  In the semi final they beat Omagh again to book their place in Thursday's final.   This is the Abbey's first Colleges A final since winning the Corn na n-Óg in 1995-96.  14 local clubs from South Down and South Armagh are presented on the squad.

Three members of the team played in last year's Dalton semi final defeat to eventual winners Maghera, captain, Sheagh Dobbin, his midfield partner Conor Mc Coy and the injured Killian Mc Evoy, who misses the final after being instrumental in getting the team to this stage.

Good luck to the Abbey CBS lads. It has been a successful year for football in Down and hopefully the DAlton Cup will be returning to Newry this year.

T O Hare

Quote from: Out in Front on May 12, 2010, 05:56:00 PM
Saw this on the Down website, does anybody know where the final is and what time and who the Abbey play?

Abbey CBS Prepare For DAlton Cup Final

Date : 12/05/2010 15:08
This is the Abbey's first final since 1993-94.  They are aiming for their 5th D'Alton title.  The last time the Abbey contested a Final the team included Michael Walsh, Ronan Sexton, Damien Rafferty and Danny Hughes.

The final has paired off the competitions two unbeaten teams.  Abbey had victories over Omagh, Armagh and St. Pius X in the group stages and topped their group with three wins.  They were then drawn against Enniskillen in the ¼ final and won that game by 5 points.  In the semi final they beat Omagh again to book their place in Thursday's final.   This is the Abbey's first Colleges A final since winning the Corn na n-Óg in 1995-96.  14 local clubs from South Down and South Armagh are presented on the squad.

Three members of the team played in last year's Dalton semi final defeat to eventual winners Maghera, captain, Sheagh Dobbin, his midfield partner Conor Mc Coy and the injured Killian Mc Evoy, who misses the final after being instrumental in getting the team to this stage.

Good luck to the Abbey CBS lads. It has been a successful year for football in Down and hopefully the DAlton Cup will be returning to Newry this year.

They play St Pats Cavan this Saturday.. not sure of the venue though!!!