Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgegael

Monday 23rd April 7pm

SFL 1 

Rostrevor v Castlewellan  -reds to win comfortably

Clonduff v Mayobridge  -our first derby of the season, owe them one after last year, us to win by 4

Longstone v Loughinisland  -draw

Kilcoo v An Riocht  - home win by 5 points

Burren v Atticall  -burren to win by more than 7

Liatroim v Bryansford -'ford had good win friday, away win by 2points

SFL 2

Shamrocks v Ballyholland -harps to finally do away with shamrocks hoodoo. ballyholland win

Warrenpoint v Kilclief -'point to win

ClannNa Bana v Glasdrumman - away win

Darragh Cross v Carryduff-  away win

Annaclone v Ballymartin -home win

Saval v Downpatrick -  tight one here, draw

SFL 3

Drumgath v Dundrum

Mitchels v Glenn

Tullylish v St Paul;s

Saul v Ardglass

Bosco v Bright

Bredagh v Teconnaught

SFL 4

Aughlisnafin v Drumaness

St. Johns v St. Michaels

Aghaderg v Dromara

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Brick Tamlin

These are probably nowhere near right here goes.

Monday 23rd April 7pm

SFL 1 

Rostrevor v Castlewellan - A Draw - Castlewellan to scrape for draw.
Clonduff v Mayobridge - Bridge by 2
Longstone v Loughinisland - Island to continue a decent start with a 4 pt victory.
Kilcoo v An Riocht - Kilcoo by 5 pts
Burren v Atticall - Burren to destroy mourne men im afraid - 7pts
Liatroim v Bryansford - Liatroim by 2, but only just

SFL 2

Shamrocks v Ballyholland - Has to be a draw
Warrenpoint v Kilclief - Another heavy defeat for Point - Kilclief by 5
ClannNa Bana v Glasdrumman - Clanns to pick up first win of season - 2pt win
Darragh Cross v Carryduff - Darragh by 2 pts
Annaclone v Ballymartin - Annaclone by 4pts
Saval v Downpatrick - Saval to turn the screw -6 pt victory

SFL 3

Drumgath v Dundrum - Midweek games dont suit Gath - Dundrum to shock by 2 pts
Mitchels v Glenn - Mitchels to push all the way in fiesty affair but glenn by 4
Tullylish v St Paul;s - Tullylish by 7
Saul v Ardglass - Saul by 6
Bosco v Bright - Bosco to grab hat trick of goals and win by 3/4
Bredagh v Teconnaught - Bredagh to continue form with 7 pt win

SFL 4

Aughlisnafin v Drumaness - Drums by 5
St. Johns v St. Michaels - Micks by 8
Aghaderg v Dromara - Aghaderg by 7/8

No1

QuoteWarrenpoint v Kilclief - Another heavy defeat for Point - Kilclief by 5

I think you've been on the lunch time pints!  We are going just as badly as the Point and they have home advantage. 

We are normally shite anytime we have to travel past Castlewellan.  :-[

Brick Tamlin

if Point are goin as bad as it reports suggest and have alot of players either injured or retired then Kilclief should be picking up the points.

6th sam

So the clubs have rejected the county board's proposals for the club leagues/championship which attempted to ease the burden on players .Instead favouring the status quo.
Do the county board reps from the clubs ever canvass players opinions on issues that effect them.In my opinion the vast majority of players despise the current system-especially packed fixtures this time of year,and the unpredictability of play-off dates etc.
The old chestnut of "our leagues are the envy of every county in Ireland" is usually wheeled out by some county board reps-to the annoyance of the players.That's like the administrators in the NHS saying that the health service here is the envy of the world--try asking the patients!

Sean Rooney appears determined to deal with this issue however--Have any of the usual contributors-No.1,Wobbler,Brick Tamlin,Pangur ban,Cloc mor,etc.,any ideas on improving the leagues/championship for players-while potentially improving club/county income?

DownFanatic

6th Sam, I think the Wobbler's proposal awhile back was the best one yet. He had Divisions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 North and 5 South. I cant remember the exact details of it but I think at the time it was an excellent idea.

Brick Tamlin

Jaysus thats a terror, i honestly thought that those proposals were quite a good way forward, at least in the medium term.
We will never know how successful these kinds of proposals are going to be if our county board just keeps shooting down ideas and arent willling to be a bit brave and take a slight risk, same oul shite if you ask me. Its a prevolant theme throughout county structures too

Square Ball

why were they thrown out, is it because of the lack of games for the teams? is there a plan B in the offing?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

TORGAEL

ACFL     DIVISION 3

DRUMGATH 1-17     DUNDRUM 2-9

Square Ball

Bredagh beaten 0-8 to 1-8 by Teconnaught
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

bridgegael

clonduff 0.01-6.07 mayobridge

the scoreline says it all. 'bridge dominated from start to finish.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

greygoose

Quote from: TORGAEL on April 23, 2007, 08:37:22 PM
ACFL     DIVISION 3

DRUMGATH 1-17     DUNDRUM 2-9

TORGAEL... post match comments ??

Fíor Gael

Well goose have you a match report for us? I see yis are racking up heavy score lines but yis seem to be leaking quite a few goals!!!

TORGAEL

Greygoose, thought Drumgath were always well in control in this match & seemed to be able to step up a gear when threatened. the only two things that worried me were, firstly, the fact that they went to sleep for the last 10 mins of the game [when they had amassed a ten point lead], letting dundrum have a few handy scores at the end. the second worry is that that they are leaking too many goals.......but a win is awin.
good performances from fitzpatrick,connolly,sheerin, & brannigan.mccomiskey looked good for dundrum

Fíor Gael

Square ball and bridge gale any more details about the games to share with us? Surprised that Teconnaght beat Bredagh!!