Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Quote from: DownFanatic on March 11, 2010, 10:49:55 PM
Dundrum GFC 75th Anniversary DVD Preview

Down All Ireland 1960/61 Goalkeeper Eddie McKay and midfielder Jarlath Carey features as does Paddy Kielty and current Down player Paul McComiskey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5qmTac-zh8

Just watched this for the first time DF. Excellent video. Good to see our present Cathaoirleach Seamus in the video. Pure gentleman.
The Aristocrat Years

andunabu

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 12, 2010, 11:55:50 PM

Down All Ireland 1960/61 Goalkeeper Eddie McKay and midfielder Jarlath Carey features as does Paddy Kielty and current Down player Paul McComiskey.

Just watched this for the first time DF. Excellent video. Good to see our present Cathaoirleach Seamus in the video. Pure gentleman.

I've watched it also. Brilliant production. Well done folks.  Shows the great pride you have in your club and community. That's what this great association is al about!l

Mourne Rover

It's a big game in Ballybofey tonight which should give us a fair indication of our progresss under James.  We have more league points that we would have expected at this stage, but Kildare were inexplicably bad the first day and Meath were pretty ordinary in round two. While the loss of concentration against Tipperary was disappointing, we are still top of the division and a decent result this evening would put us very close to promotion.

McVeigh had a rare off night last week, so giving Alder another chance is reasonable. Our main concern would be the size and strength of Murphy and McFadden against a full-back line which is far from the finished article. Maginn may be injured, as he does not seem to be on the bench, and Hughes was always going to return.

Laverty is unlucky to lose out after his execellent first half last week, although it is possible that James may see him as mainly an impact sub.

We seldom do well against Donegal, but,if Benny gets off the mark, a win would set things up nicely for Armagh in the Marshes.

ballela-angel

Checking in from the States - Anyone know if I can catch tonights match on the Internet - Five FM generally plays music Saturday nights - Anyone know if there's any Donegal radio statio that might be streaming the game?
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

Trevor Hill

Www.highlandradio.com usually covers Donegal games. If not I will update the latest scores thread.

ballela-angel

Trevor Hill - Thanks a million
That awkward moment - Not sure if you do have free time or if you're just forgetting everything!

DownFanatic

Quote from: In the Onion Bag on March 12, 2010, 08:45:04 PM

Hateful bunch of bustards that you are on the field of play, I can only congratulate you on the compilation of an excellent vid. I really enjoyed.
The tone was just right, nice and humble but still carrying a strong message of local pride.  The choice of strong characters was good and came accross well, but most importantly the quiet but indominatable spirit of the Ga was very eveident throughout.  The images and sound track were excellent.  I tip my cap to you on a job well done

Quote from: andunabu on March 13, 2010, 08:40:18 AM

I've watched it also. Brilliant production. Well done folks.  Shows the great pride you have in your club and community. That's what this great association is al about!l

Hopefully will get the full hour and a half production up on to YouTube in the next week.

down6061689194

Quote from: Trevor Hill on March 13, 2010, 06:37:37 PM
Www.highlandradio.com usually covers Donegal games. If not I will update the latest scores thread.

They are covering. Stream Link posted in webcast thread

dundrumite

Mourne Rover

Couldn't get to the game tonight but that was a huge result for Down. Although our priority was to avoid relegation, with seven points out of eight, division one is starting to look like a real prospect. Ten points usually but not always leads to promotion, and 11 makes it almost certain. Two wins from our remaining three fixtures should more or less take us over the line.

Armagh next week will be a toss-up, but, on this season's form, we have a reasonable chance of winning away to Westmeath and at home to Laois.

The radio reports tonight suggested we did not play particularly well but still ground out the result, which is a good habit to develop.

Trevor Hill

One step at a time Mourne Rover, I would be happy enough finishing third on division 2 this year. I think division 1 would be a step too far for the current Down team.
But we are sitting pretty at the minute despite last weeks slip up. Two points next week and I may change my mind.

eiled in the bushes

get some metal in your life

Dubh driocht

eiled in the bushes

really looking forward to next week.wouldnt miss it,must get there early,sure to be a full house
get some metal in your life

Mid Down Gael

Great win in Ballybofey tonight and fully deserved. Both sides where guilty off many wides in the first half and it was always score for score. Down where brilliant at times in the second half.
Decky Alder done well in nets while Dan McCartan and Damian Rafferty where superb in full back line. Kevin McKernan had an outstanding game at 5 while Colgan performed the sweeper role to great effect and was very assured in possession. Ambrose had a great game in midfield with Marty Clarke pulling the strings on the 40. He scored a few amazing points. Kearny impressed me at left half while Hughes worked tirelessly and never stopped running. Benny was back to near his best and kicked 0-3. Again John clarke was phenomenal at full forward.
Laverty and Fitzpatrick done well when introduced also. I was surprised both didnt get on earlier as Kallum King and Paul McComiskey had poor nights.
Pat McAneaney was terrible tonight. Not the referee he was a few years ago.
7 league points out off eight is some first half to the league. Well done lads.