Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imagine

Quote from: Maiden1 on February 09, 2010, 11:08:32 AM
Quote from: football-4-life on February 09, 2010, 10:37:31 AM
Is there any highlights of the game anywer?

Quite a bit of it was on Sunday Sport on Sunday night.

Go to

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/mediaplayer.html

Then click on programmes.

I watched the programme when I got home and didn't see any Down action!

Trevor Hill

Quote from: 5 Sams on February 09, 2010, 10:01:49 AM
Quote from: Naomh Pol CLG on February 08, 2010, 11:56:30 PM
Hope Gordon has a change of heart...He is without doubt, the best fielder of a ball in the county.  We will need him come the summer!

Mightn't do him a button of harm to stay out for a while.....he'll be fresh come the championship and I've a feeling he'll end up with a couple of league games under his belt.

Dan has played a lot of football over the last 10 years or so, at times ploughing a lone furrow. A rest will do him no harm, but it would be great to see him back in action in the summer, hopfully at full forward.
There seems to be an openness about the Down set up at present that has been missing for far too long. There are no point in letting rumours circulate and James did the right thing giving an interview to the Irish News.

thewobbler

I'd agree Trevor Hill. James seems more interested in focusing his players on the job in hand than in trying to faux-bamboozle opposing managers, and I'm all in favour of this approach.

Trevor Hill

He`ll probably* be in the club after the Meath game on Saturday evening and is happy enough to talk to anyone about the team or any other issues.

*He did this during the McKenna Cup and I think it was a nice touch, its also nice to hear his views on certain issues. He is certainly not shy. I know you Ballyholland men don't enjoy a beer if it isn't at altitude, but you could always drop in after the game, Just don't bring your mate and his Abba collection.  ;)

Brick Tamlin

Great to get a win on sunday last and a nice start to the league but this saturday nights game against the royals will be a better test of some of Down's individuals.
Here's hoping that the lads put up another good performance and get a victory, be it by a one-point win or otherwise.

Down will need Dan back on board at some stage, if its a break and a rest he needs for whatever reasons then it has to be respected and left at that. What was in todays irish news, what did James say in the interview.

As for Dan Mc Cartan i really dont know what the fuss is all about. Iv seen many a Down panelist getting skinned for his club at various stages down the years, happens to the best of them. Cant believe people would still be of the opinion that he is only there due to his name. Some guys just dont like him and will criticise him at every opportunity no matter what he does. Give the lad a break ffs.

downredblack

What time is the clubhouse open from before the game anyone know ?

Trevor Hill

Unless you intend getting there very early the club will be open. It will close just before throw in and reopen again just before the game finishes. Good pints into the bargain.

downredblack

Yeah will be up early enough , probably get something to eat in the town , don't like McCoys for a drink so would prefer club .

down6061689194

Not so sure about the ratings of Rafferty..

He played very very well, but enjoyed buckets of luck, and made a few errors that he managed to rectify.

Anyone else think he did well but maybe got a lot of luck?

dundrumite

Theres a phrase thats thrown about the harder you work the luckier you get (Gary Player I believe coined it). Maybe that could be applied to his performance on Saturday night, I wasn't there so can't comment.
However, have seen him on numerous occasions ad I personally think he is a all you want in a corner back, fast, good reader of the game and goes about his business with maximum efficiency and minimum fuss.

Trevor Hill

andunabu

Quote from: downredblack on February 09, 2010, 01:15:19 PM
Yeah will be up early enough , probably get something to eat in the town , don't like McCoys for a drink so would prefer club .
Try the Bosco, new bar looking very well.

EagleLord

Quote from: Maiden1 on February 09, 2010, 11:08:32 AM
Quote from: football-4-life on February 09, 2010, 10:37:31 AM
Is there any highlights of the game anywer?

Quite a bit of it was on Sunday Sport on Sunday night.

Go to

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/mediaplayer.html

Then click on programmes.

Clean ragin, tried to watch that, but the picture is jumpy,  >:( >:(

charlie stubbs

if anyone would be interested in a friendly wednesday 3 march with my club wolfe tone(2nd division armagh)could you please  pm me.  would need to be at your pitch under the lights as we are getting our pitch redeveloped.  thanks

down6061689194

Are down even on that RTE report.

Also I'd agree that he made his own luck, the ball usually got into his hands because he was there making a nuisence of himself and not standing off when he was 2nd favourite.