Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

down desperado

its the memory unfortunately dundrumite, its must be 10 years since we were in div4, but we usually struggle in Dundrum for some reason. However we give you a good thumping in the championship. Who do you think will claim the 3 play off spots this season?

dundrumite

Quote from: down desperado on February 01, 2010, 07:54:08 PM
its the memory unfortunately dundrumite, its must be 10 years since we were in div4, but we usually struggle in Dundrum for some reason. However we give you a good thumping in the championship. Who do you think will claim the 3 play off spots this season?

Very early yet, so hard to predict... I would have say Glassdrumman and Darragh Cross who continually give a good account of themselves in Division 2, based upon this they would be my favourites. After that you could be looking at any one of five or six teams. One thing for sure is it will be a very competitive. I reckon there won't be too many points between the team in third and third bottom.

down desperado

i would have to agree with glassdrumman and darragh as favourites. Though darragh are an ageing team, the same players still seem to be on the go for the past 10 years. Its very difficult to predict the top 3 in div 3 this year and a relatively low points tally could yield a playoff spot. Bredagh and carryduff havent been very impressive in recent years, carryduff were very lucky to get promoted 2 years ago, but they seem to recruit a few new decent players each every year. I suppose we will know more after 5 or 6 games. Havent said that, division 2 looks extremely competitive this year too.

tirnaog

does anyone know if Down are playing a friendly in Newry tonight

tirnaog

its ok people ,Down v St Galls at 7.30

DownFanatic

I see two Armagh clubmen have made the next stage of the Down Minor trials. I take it that this type of practice is allowed?

down desperado

any word on how down got on this evening, when is wee james expected to announce his panel for the national league.

Brick Tamlin

Down won easy enough in the end (scoreboard wasnt in use), but scoreline didnt really matter, moreso the performance of players did..Teams played 3x25 min matches. Down fielded 2 completely different teams in first two matches, third match saw a mixture of the two. Everyone got a run out, few fellas were absent altogether through injury (i assume).

thewobbler

QuoteI see two Armagh clubmen have made the next stage of the Down Minor trials. I take it that this type of practice is allowed?

On intercounty transfers these days the player has to specify if they wish to be eligible for their new county or the previous one. I presume players can do likewise at any age then.

DownFanatic

Quote from: thewobbler on February 04, 2010, 09:37:57 AM
QuoteI see two Armagh clubmen have made the next stage of the Down Minor trials. I take it that this type of practice is allowed?

On intercounty transfers these days the player has to specify if they wish to be eligible for their new county or the previous one. I presume players can do likewise at any age then.

Must be the case then. I remember Kyle Brennan of the Bosco played Minor and U-21 football for Armagh. Actually think he is at Crossmaglen now.

Also, Kevin Anderson used to play for O'Hanlons while also being on the Down Development squads before he went to Aghaderg.

down desperado

Does McCartan have to trim the squad before the start of the nfl and if so, when is he expected to name his revised squad.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: down desperado on February 04, 2010, 09:34:59 PM
Does McCartan have to trim the squad before the start of the nfl and if so, when is he expected to name his revised squad.

Due to having a large number off panelists injured at present the squad cut has been delayed for a few weeks.

Trevor Hill

Any news on the team for Sunday?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Trevor Hill on February 04, 2010, 10:16:36 PM
Any news on the team for Sunday?

Down are training tomorrow evening so hope team is released then.

Mourne Rover

The team should be released tomorrow night at the latest. Repeatedly delaying announcements under Paddy and Ross did us no good at all, and, if anything, seemed to unsettle the players. The line-up should be named with confidence, and, particularly in the league, at an early and appropriate stage.