Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

When We Win

Come on. You cant say iv taken the bait when it is obvious i have been reading them posts and know plainly well that this is what you are going to do. Give me a break.......

Banna Man

Quote from: mournerambler on November 18, 2009, 04:54:54 PM
Quote from: mournerambler on November 18, 2009, 02:23:17 PM
And yet another newbie takes the bait :P

Yes you may post on my board ;D

This is how Mr Rambler has so many post he keeps using the same saying over and over
If i keep this up i will be a senior member soon

Blue Island

Quote from: When We Win on November 18, 2009, 04:27:16 PM

Look, now i have had to type a massive post to defend the newbies. Where is the Loughanisland game this weekend anyone

This Friday 8.00 pm at Newcastle.

Oldhacker

Kevin Bell is definitely standing down as county chairman, according to today's Irish News, and reading between the lines he is walking rather than facing the music at the convention. Ross would almost certainly have had a go, Pete has left no one in any doubt about his views on the selection process and James looks like a county manager who does not have the support of his own chairman before a ball is kicked. It's quite a mess, and presumably Seamus Walsh will be the man with the job of sorting it all out.

dundrumite

Quote from: Oldhacker on November 18, 2009, 11:58:41 PM
Kevin Bell is definitely standing down as county chairman, according to today's Irish News, and reading between the lines he is walking rather than facing the music at the convention. Ross would almost certainly have had a go, Pete has left no one in any doubt about his views on the selection process and James looks like a county manager who does not have the support of his own chairman before a ball is kicked. It's quite a mess, and presumably Seamus Walsh will be the man with the job of sorting it all out.

At last a sensible topic of conversation void off LOLs. Didn't see the article and am ignorant to the way these things work, is it up to the cubs to nominate? Or is it because Seamus is vice chair that the logical process would be to appoint him chairman? 

thewobbler

Clubs can nominate anyone who is willing to stand, but if they haven't shown the willingness and commitment to county-level administration in the past, picking up anything other than votes from friends is unlikely. If either Seamus Walsh or Brian McEvoy (the last 2 vice-chairmen) stand, then they're more than likely to get voted in. I'd be very happy with either.

An Dun 94

Quote from: charlieTully on November 18, 2009, 01:26:35 PM
Quote from: mournerambler on November 18, 2009, 11:29:39 AM
Quote from: An Dun 94 on November 18, 2009, 10:48:48 AM
Quote from: Banna Man on November 17, 2009, 12:49:58 PM
In my opinion the down website is crap take a look at other county websites and you will see.  :-[

100% right down website is dirt  >:(

Another quality & well thought out post from a newbie, I often wonder why a lot of  newbie post's are usually based on having a dig at someone or as this one show's, come from people with a severe lack of intelligence ???
It's not a d-ck measuring contest lad's, sometimes it makes sense to have a look at what you are posting, unless of course you are of Primary school age & just think it's great to be on the GAABoard, which would appear to be the case with some of the rubbish we have been reading recently, end of rant! :)

with 389 posts to his name mournerambler is the daddy of the gaaboard. how dare anyone new post anything. catch a grip of yourself man, free expression for everyone, you dont own the site.

An Dun 94

Im sorry i have offend you but at 16 years old DIRT is a word we use it is not my fault you are past it MOURNERAMBLER an by the way this is a form of bullying im just trying to have an opionion on the sport i love MUPPIT  :P

Niall Quinn

I've been dirt, and I don't care.
I've been dirt, and I don't care.
Cause I'm burning inside, I'm just a yearning inside,
and I'm the fire of life.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

thewobbler

QuoteYawn! Same as before.
Administration is hardly something sexy, dashing or new.

5 Sams

Quote from: fairplay on November 20, 2009, 09:54:15 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on November 19, 2009, 01:21:26 PM
Clubs can nominate anyone who is willing to stand, but if they haven't shown the willingness and commitment to county-level administration in the past, picking up anything other than votes from friends is unlikely. If either Seamus Walsh or Brian McEvoy (the last 2 vice-chairmen) stand, then they're more than likely to get voted in. I'd be very happy with either.
Yawn! Same as before.

Give us your alternative then Fairplay......
The Aristocrat Years

When We Win

How about a trip to the morgue and pick at random. Good luck finding someone in Down capable of running the country.

Personally I wouldnt attack Mr Bell's committment but to run an organisation like a county board successfully you need to have some sense of corporate leadership. Is there no business men on in the county who wants to get away from the nagging wife that could run the county.

Seamus Walsh is a decent man too but this chairman needs to be someone dominant and forceful. I would vote for Barrak Ob.

wobbller

Quote from: When We Win on November 20, 2009, 10:31:32 AM
How about a trip to the morgue and pick at random. Good luck finding someone in Down capable of running the country.

Personally I wouldnt attack Mr Bell's committment but to run an organisation like a county board successfully you need to have some sense of corporate leadership. Is there no business men on in the county who wants to get away from the nagging wife that could run the county.

Seamus Walsh is a decent man too but this chairman needs to be someone dominant and forceful. I would vote for Barrak Ob.

Some of  our leading Club men. for example Brian Mc Geevy or John Brannigan and I'm sure there are others that would have been successful with their Clubs in the past but haven't entered the cauldron that is the CB.

johnneycool

Quote from: fairplay on November 20, 2009, 12:10:07 PM
So according to WhenweWin the new Chairman would have to be married and be a business man.What about being a pioneer,an Irish speaker and whatever else? ::) ::)

They should also have a good, firm handshake if they're to be the leader of the county. Can't stand a limp handshake.
;)

wobbller

Quote from: johnneycool on November 20, 2009, 12:21:58 PM
Quote from: fairplay on November 20, 2009, 12:10:07 PM
So according to WhenweWin the new Chairman would have to be married and be a business man.What about being a pioneer,an Irish speaker and whatever else? ::) ::)

They should also have a good, firm handshake if they're to be the leader of the county. Can't stand a limp handshake.
;)
So they have to be a Knight Of Columbanus also?