Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No1

Comiserations to my friends at the Harps and congratulations to An Riocht. 

Over the course of the season they were the team that proved they were best equipped for Division 1.  John Clarke was the best player I saw in Division 2 all year aswell.

An Dun 94

Is anyone going to the game in Armagh tonight has anyone got time's and how much in?

conormac

Fair play wobbler - a real honest report on lasts nights game.  Not many people tell it as it is especially when your own team looses.  Credit were credit is due.

I too heard that Chris Killen and Decky O'Reilly were probably An Riocht's best last night.  Alot of posters seem intent on supporting or slating the big boys (county players), however in quite a few club games its the boys who give there all for their clubs and would die for the jersey (O'Reilly, Soupy) that shine through. 

In saying this you always need some inspiration and that's what we get from Marty and Brendy (I'm sure when Murtagh is flying he lifts the whole Ballyholland team) and just pure grit and determination and a never say die attitude and thats what we get from John (Ballyholland get it from Murphy) - a good mixture.  On the negative side if you take the aforementioned lads out of the team (on county duty) it sure as helll leaves a big hole to be filled.  Will be interesting to see how we handle division 1

Square Ball

Quote from: Square Ball on November 12, 2009, 11:08:09 PM
Quote from: passedit on November 12, 2009, 07:28:34 PM
Quote from: Square Ball on November 12, 2009, 05:09:48 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on November 11, 2009, 07:56:49 PM
Quote from: kb on November 11, 2009, 02:34:26 PM
Just wondering has anyone heard of any managerial exits in any of the leagues as the season draws to a close?

I hear Bredagh are unsure whether or not they will keep Kevin Blaney on.

;) ;)  ;)

:D news to me that one! some people being mischievous and the season is just over!  and option B. what option you picking Passedit?

Sorry SB i'll spell it out, he only said one of those things I made the other up, so i kinda know the answer.

clue The lie is based on a very recent actual event.  ;)

Honestly?

seriously, any news on the merrygoround? thats the first I heard that one about Jody, so I cant comment on it

Shows you how much I know!!
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Cúig huaire

Quote from: conormac on November 13, 2009, 05:30:18 PM
Fair play wobbler - a real honest report on lasts nights game.  Not many people tell it as it is especially when your own team looses.  Credit were credit is due.

Credit were credit is due indeed. Wobbler gave a very frank and honest assessment of last nights game.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

NedFlanders

Credit Wobbler - Great reports, you ever consider a carear in the press  ;) Kingdom we're by far the batter team and fully deserved their win, yes the referee wasn't the best but then again that down football for you. Hard luck to Ballyholland, i have no doubt that they will be in the final next year again...And Congratulations to an riocht, it'll be intresting to see how the likes of young Paddy g handles the 1st division

(in my opinion, hes a class footballer, with a great sense of knowledge on a football pitch!

13aside

Has Eamon McAneaney been appointed as senior team manager at the 'bridge for next year?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: 13aside on November 14, 2009, 10:41:28 AM
Has Eamon McAneaney been appointed as senior team manager at the 'bridge for next year?

The Irish News has this story this morning and that Frank Dawson is being replaced by Jody Gormley in Longstone. I thought the Bridge would have gave Carroll another year, even though they lost out on the championship which he was heavily blamed for, he made up for it by applying brilliant tactics to win a league final with 14 men after Benny was lined and without the services off his other main man Michael Walsh. I dont think McAneaney will make a big difference, after all it was the players who didnt score for 40 minutes against Kilcoo in the championship. He did make a few surprise changes that day but a team off Mayobridges strength should have been able to hold out. The first manager to loose out on a championship with the bridge was always going to be made a scapegoat but maybe people need to realise they have been to the well many times and they where bound to be beaten sooner or later. I think the writing was on the wall when we hammered them in last years league final and i reakon this is why Donnelly jumped ship. The Bridge are stil a top side but i cant see them dominating the next decade the same way they wonderfully dominated the last and I have sympathy for the abuse Paul Carroll took even though he won a league title.

Cúig huaire

Quote from: 13aside on November 14, 2009, 10:41:28 AM

Quote from: Cúig huaire on October 14, 2009, 01:14:21 PM
Former Louth manager Eamon McEneaney is rumoured to be taking over at one of the big clubs in Down, it was mentioned on LMFM yesterday. They`ll need to have deep pockets.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

mournerambler

For some unknown reason St. Malachy's Castlewellan who won the All-Ireland U18 schools title were overlooked last night at the County dinner in The Canal Court Hotel.
Every other team or individual from the County who won a National title in 2009 were acknowledged & presented with awards/medals & rightly so, I cannot believe that somehow or other the organisers managed to forget about St. Malachy's.
I'd dare say that if one of our Newry school's achieved All-Ireland success that they would have been glorified at the County dinner.
I think it's an absolute disgrace that this has happened especially when we have a man in a very well paid job as County Secretary.

norabeag

Quote from: mournerambler on November 14, 2009, 12:28:41 PM
For some unknown reason St. Malachy's Castlewellan who won the All-Ireland U18 schools title were overlooked last night at the County dinner in The Canal Court Hotel.
Every other team or individual from the County who won a National title in 2009 were acknowledged & presented with awards/medals & rightly so, I cannot believe that somehow or other the organisers managed to forget about St. Malachy's.
I'd dare say that if one of our Newry school's achieved All-Ireland success that they would have been glorified at the County dinner.
I think it's an absolute disgrace that this has happened especially when we have a man in a very well paid job as County Secretary.
Not the first time something has happened if memory serves me right.
Did he not leave a Kilcoo All Ireland underage team out of something similar  recently

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: norabeag on November 14, 2009, 06:20:20 PM
Did he not leave a Kilcoo All Ireland underage team out of something similar  recently

Yeah our under 14 all ireland Feile team off 2006. Any all ireland won in the county at any level including scor should be applauded and recognised by all gaels but especially by our county administrators.

mournerambler

I think you could be right norabeag, the man is a complete tosser in my view & totally incapable of holding such a high profile position in this County, as the saying goes 'it's not what you know, it's who you know' ;)

mournerambler

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on November 14, 2009, 06:38:44 PM

Yeah our under 14 all ireland Feile team off 2006. Any all ireland won in the county at any level including scor should be applauded and recognised by all gaels but especially by our county administrators.

Did he hold the position of secretary in 2006 Mid Down Gael?

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: mournerambler on November 14, 2009, 06:45:00 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on November 14, 2009, 06:38:44 PM

Did he hold the position of secretary in 2006 Mid Down Gael?

To be honest I dont think so. I think he was helping Paddy ORourke with Down seniors in this year and the 3 years previous.