Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFan2010

stpauls

Quote from: down6061689194 on November 11, 2009, 09:54:14 PM
St.Pauls & Tecconaught down.

Drumaness won by 6 or 7.

Some great frees from Donal Kennedy got Drumaness through. Late goal put Stpauls 1-3 to 7 up at HT.

StPauls didnt score into the wind 2nd half and drumaness pulled away.

what can i say, but bitterly disappointed by the display last night.  :'(
gave away too many frees in scorable positions, though the Drumaness free taker did well in terribly windy conditions, and we could not take our own opportunities when we got them.
hopefully we can do what Drumaness did a few years ago, and come back up to Div 3 after a 100% record season in Div 4!!!

edit: just checked your numbers there down6061689194, by that score, it looks like you were 1 point up at half time!!  :P

6th sam

Quote from: stpauls on November 12, 2009, 09:48:29 AM

Drumaness won by 6 or 7.

Some great frees from Donal Kennedy got Drumaness through. Late goal put Stpauls 1-3 to 7 up at HT.

gave away too many frees in scorable positions, though the Drumaness free taker did well in terribly windy conditions, and we could not take our own opportunities when we got them.
hopefully we can do what Drumaness did a few years ago, and come back up to Div 3 after a 100% record season in Div 4!!!

edit: just checked your numbers there down6061689194, by that score, it looks like you were 1 point up at half time!!  :P
Fair play to Drumaness,had an impressive past few weeks,when it counted.Disappointed for yourselves and teconnaught as both teams proved well capable of matching div 3 teams.I don't think Teconnaught were beaten by any more than a handful of points all year,played some great football,and probably could have won JFC,if full strength.Division 4 will not be easy,with 3 good teams going down and only 1 up.
St.Paul's are stronger than ever at underage,especially next year's u16 team,so your future looks good.

stpauls

Quote from: 6th sam on November 12, 2009, 10:46:53 AM
Quote from: stpauls on November 12, 2009, 09:48:29 AM

Drumaness won by 6 or 7.

Fair play to Drumaness,had an impressive past few weeks,when it counted.Disappointed for yourselves and teconnaught as both teams proved well capable of matching div 3 teams.I don't think Teconnaught were beaten by any more than a handful of points all year,played some great football,and probably could have won JFC,if full strength.Division 4 will not be easy,with 3 good teams going down and only 1 up.
St.Paul's are stronger than ever at underage,especially next year's u16 team,so your future looks good.

our future does look good, but unfortunately it could be a while before it starts to show. looks like we will have a couple of retirements this year, with one confirmed last night already, and with no minor or u-21 teams in the last few years, it will be a while before the new prospects make the step up to senior level.

it will be difficult to get back up next year, with only one coming back up, but all we can do is play the games and hope for a good year!

5 Sams

Quote from: Cúig huaire on November 11, 2009, 10:05:23 PM
Will tomorrow nights game between Ballyholland and An Riocht go ahead with the amount of rain we are having ?

As of 5 minutes ago according to a county board rep the game is still on and the pitch is holding up well....plus it gives it to clear up this afternoon....bring it on 8)
The Aristocrat Years

Cúig huaire

Heavy rain here in Dundalk at the minute, more on the way apparently. As Long as I get my usual seat at the back of the stand I wont worry, but I wouldn't fancy playing in that.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

passedit

Quote from: DownFanatic on November 11, 2009, 07:56:49 PM
Quote from: kb on November 11, 2009, 02:34:26 PM
Just wondering has anyone heard of any managerial exits in any of the leagues as the season draws to a close?

I hear Bredagh are unsure whether or not they will keep Kevin Blaney on.

;) ;)  ;)

Was chattin to Kevin there and he tells me
A. He told Paul to stick the Bredagh job as he didn't give him an interview for the Down post.
B. He is not the kb posting here but suspects it's one of his mates taking the piss.

Disclaimer

One of the above statements is untrue, which one you decide.
Don't Panic

Square Ball

Just wondering has anyone heard of any managerial exits in any of the leagues as the season draws to a close?

;) ;)  ;)

:D news to me that one! some people being mischievous and the season is just over!  and option B. what option you picking Passedit?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

An Dun 94

Any word about tonight's game on/off ?

passedit

Quote from: Square Ball on November 12, 2009, 05:09:48 PM

;) ;)  ;)

:D news to me that one! some people being mischievous and the season is just over!  and option B. what option you picking Passedit?

Sorry SB i'll spell it out, he only said one of those things I made the other up, so i kinda know the answer.

clue The lie is based on a very recent actual event.  ;)
Don't Panic

dodgy umpire

is jody gormley taking longstone this year?
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Bitta-Banter

An Riocht beat Ballyholland by 3 tonight in Division 2 Final

conormac

A good win for us tonight.  The rest the Ballyholland boys needed didn't do the trick then!!!! ;)
In all seriousness what sort of a game was it.  Nice to see us winning the league title as we were by far the most consistent team in division 2 this year - but sometimes you never know in a one-off game.  Any reports on tonights game would be much appreciated.

Lecale2

Lisnacree won.

Promoted to Div 1  for next year.

Marty Clake MOM.

Read Matt in the Irish News, if you dare.

Cúig huaire

Not great conditions for a game tonight, pitch wasn't great. Referee was worse.
An Riocht never really looked like losing this game, despite the final score. Ballyholland got a goal just before half time to make the score respectable, they had only scored two points at this stage. It was a scrappy enough goal, but they all count. Marty Clarke rounded off the scoring in the first half with a point.
The second half was more of the same though Ballyholland dominated possession, they couldn't quite get back into the game until they found the net in the dying minutes to leave 2 points between the sides. An Riocht answered with a couple of points to leave 3 in it at the end. An Riocht got their scores that wee bit easier than Ballyholland, they did the simple things well. Everything good from An Riocht went through Martin Clarke at No.11, while John Clarke and James Colgan had good games. The Ballyholland No.9 (McAteer?) gave an excellent display of free taking and was probably their best player on display.
Overall it wasn't a classic, but the best team won. The ref did seem to be watching a different game, with some very strange calls.

An Riocht 1-14
Ballyholland 2-08
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.