Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

amallon

Don't forget the championship draw are on tonight around 7 live on 5 FM from the Canal Court.

Talking to a few Drumgath ones over the last few weeks, they want Clonduff. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

behind the wire

what frequency is 5 fm, and where on the internet can you listen to it?
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

stpauls

will be heading to the draw in the Canal Court this evening and will post the full draws of all levels as soon as i get back to Holywood this evening!! Hopefully it will be a worth while trip!!

amallon

behind the wire

He who laughs last thinks the slowest

spiritof91and94

Cant understand why the final is again at the end of september - we will have another summer of inactivity at club level even though the county team will be finished in June again.
Championship should be finished in the sunday between the hurling and football all irelands when we are near sure to get good weather - the past 3 down finals have been played in terrible conditions.

amallon

If the county team are out of the championship there is no reason to leave the final so late.  Get it played early and our county champions a chance to get over injuries and get ready for the Ulster championship.

5 Sams

I have a feeling that the new activities secretary will be sympathetic towards that view Aidan. ;) ;)
The Aristocrat Years

johnneycool

From a hurling point of view I beg to differ. The moving of the hurling club championships to later on in the yearhave helped the Down clubs compete in Ulster as we now play the Down final, then straight into the Ulster club series so no momentum is lost. It used to be that the hurling final was played the last Sunday in August then you had no game in the Ulster club championships till late September, early October with little or no league hurling to keep you ticking over. You may pick up injuries but that can happen any time even training.

I don't know how the Ards clubs will take the final being moved to Newry, but from a personal opinion I don't mind and we can't really complain about Antrim not wanting to move out of Casement to play in Newry if we won't play there ourselves.

DownFanatic

This 100.5 FM online listening service is a ballix. It won't work for me and Ive got feck all reception here in Newcastle. Im sure somebody will post up the draws ASAP.

Lecale2

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

DownFanatic

Dundrum v Teconnaught in the IFC

thewobbler

This new fckin job! Only caught the senior draw. From what I remember:

- Atticall vs Mayobridge
- Warrenpoint vs Burren
- Rostrevor vs Annaclone
- Clonduff vs Bryansford
- Shamrocks vs Loughinisland