Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long Ball

Quote from: messy gael on October 28, 2009, 07:07:29 PM
Quote from: thegael on October 28, 2009, 06:50:15 PM
Would you all wise up Peter is acting like a child I am surprised the Irish News gave him airtime!
The fella has lost all crtedibility and is running around like a sulking child , please could we all forget about this fella and move on.
He has lost the plot please someone advise him to grow up and live in the real world.

the gael takes no prisoners!

The Gael, whilst everybody is entitled to their opinion, I have to say your last comment is complete Bullshit.

You are surprised that the IN gave a well decorated local GAA Football Manager airtime ???  Off all the county managers in Ulster @ the moment only Mickey Harte comes better decorated.....  So can you provide reasonable reasoning to why you feel the IN were foolish to publish their story ??

Do you honestly think that Pete approached the IN to shout off ??? The man has more in him to revert to those tactics.

"He has lost the plot please someone advise him to grow up and live in the real world.".... I dont know were to fuk your brains are but you obviously sit on them by quoting this.... ???

You are a dick
Well said Messy
Drive yer boot in her!!

Pangurban

Well said indeed Messy, Pete was treated abominably, and is well entitled to vent his feelings on the matter. The members of the selection panel who treated him so discourtesly should hang their Heads in shame. Unfortunately for the County i fear Pete will have the last laugh, when its becomes apparent that going for youth over qualification and experience was a very bad mistake

Yes I Would

He should have fucked them off and up and left when the cheeky b**tard asked him did he feel Down had underachieved with 2 all Irelands in the 90's.  No back door, No All Ireland since 1968 and both Donegal and Derry at their peaks, think Down done pretty well with the 2.

Its obvious that a man who has given everything for his beloved county has been deeply hurt by the manner of treatment and respect that has been shown to him.. He had no god given right to have been appointed but it seems that some have seen it as an opportunity to have a go at the man.. Real Down GAA people should also be deeply annoyed at how he has been treated, and why the hell shouldnt Mc Grath show these gobshites within the county board up for what they are?

thegael

I feel I have to repeat myself -

Would you all wise up Peter is acting like a child I am surprised the Irish News gave him airtime!
The fella has lost all crtedibility and is running around like a sulking child , please could we all forget about this fella and move on.
He has lost the plot please someone advise him to grow up and live in the real world.
I wish the man well but really we had the same sadness and poor me attitude from our last two sets of managers and now another one so for the good of the future forget about the past and move forward.
Let the concerned people get him involved at under 12 level and under 14 level and let him contribute there but at senior level forget about it .He might have a role at helping our elite under 12 or under 14 footballers and is something the county must look into instead of using coaching jobs foolishly - he might be able to contribute to his beloved Down that way.

thewobbler

The fact that McGrath and one of the selection committee don't see eye-to-eye doesn't matter. That was one voice from five.

The decision that James McCartan was the best candidate was brought forward by a five-man committee that was nominated and approved by our clubs. His actual appointment was approved the clubs.

So I really wish Peter McGrath would stop using the papers as a medium for turning his non-appointment into a personal issue.

THE DADGA

Quote from: T O Hare on October 28, 2009, 05:51:58 PM
Quote from: Leo on October 28, 2009, 05:23:49 PM
Quote from: norabeag on October 28, 2009, 02:48:45 PM
He'll lose any credibility he has left by going to the papers evry turnaround.
A mistake was made in how things were handled not in the actual appointment.
Lets move on

Have to agree 100% with this.
While apprec iating Pete's contribution to the game in Down - colleges, club, minor, U21 and two wonderful Sams - he has to accept his time has come and gone.
If a member of the selection panel showed a lack of respect and tact, which Pete took personally, that's life and the whole county board is no more to blame for it than the entire county itself.

I totally disagree with that!!! If his time had come and gone he would not have won back to back ulster titles!!!! Pete McGrath has done a lot of this county and he is still a realtively young man who has a lot more to offer the football world!!!
FCUK! I WONDER WOULD HE TAKE THE HURLER'S !!

Maiden1

He is still an exceptional manager, Bryansford are real contenders now and in the league final after coming up from division 2, he did the same thing if not better by winning the league managing An Riocht after taking them from 2, as well as all his success with minor, U21, senior, college.  I don't necessarily think he should have got the job but a courtesy call from someone to say he didn't get the job was the least he should have got.  Maybe it was a misunderstanding I don't know.  If it was then someone from the county board should say.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

wobbller

gorm agus bui

Quote from: thewobbler on October 28, 2009, 09:02:50 PM
The fact that McGrath and one of the selection committee don't see eye-to-eye doesn't matter. That was one voice from five.

The decision that James McCartan was the best candidate was brought forward by a five-man committee that was nominated and approved by our clubs. His actual appointment was approved the clubs.

So I really wish Peter McGrath would stop using the papers as a medium for turning his non-appointment into a personal issue.
Spot on

thegael

God bless Peter he is like a spoilt little child .
This interview just shows how pathetic this man has gone.
He left Down seniors in the doldrums.Mc Grath's teams have no respect for him and an riocht and bryansford players frequently tell him to f??k off !!

thewobbler

What is Pete trying to achieve by this?

Somebody posted this before, but why can't Down managers leave the building quietly? He didn't mention the years 1995-2002 in that spiel. No, he'd rather talk about personalities.

Pangurban

Its a true saying that eaten Bread is soon forgotten, and neither is a prophet recognised in his own land. I wonder what the posters now vilifying Pete, have contributed to the County, or are they all like the Gael who confines himself to pathetic,childish ramblings, during his very infrequent posts, and who would not be allowed next or near any position in a sane well run club

Long Ball

Quote from: thegael on October 28, 2009, 10:34:36 PM
God bless Peter he is like a spoilt little child .
This interview just shows how pathetic this man has gone.
He left Down seniors in the doldrums.Mc Grath's teams have no respect for him and an riocht and bryansford players frequently tell him to f??k off !!

Thegael, I have to say you talk some shite boy.  Pete McGrath is one of the most successful, if not most successful managers this county has ever produced and was treated like dirt byt a 5 man commitee with an anti-Pete agenda.
Not only has he won 3-All-Irelands and 5 Ulster titles, he has taken an unfancied An Riocht team to a league title and is now only 60 mins away from doing the same with Bryansford.
What Pete has done for Down football is immeasurable.
The arrogant and condescending nature of your comments is pathetic. I reckon the contribution you have made to Gaelic games in our county could probably be recorded on the back of a postage stamp. Now stop writing like a 14 year old spoilt teenager and come into the real world
Drive yer boot in her!!

thewobbler

Quoteand was treated like dirt byt a 5 man commitee with an anti-Pete agenda
Please stop pedalling this shit. Having a preference for one candidate does not mean you have an agenda against another.

passedit

Quote from: fairplay on October 28, 2009, 11:34:13 PM
  I was of the notion that the Chairman had been part of this selection process.He wasn't
but if it was a sub-committee appointed by the County Board surely he as Chairman should support
that group not go against their decision in the papers?

Mr Bell is obviously not a fan of Harry Truman.

Not fit for office imo.
Don't Panic