Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stpauls

Quote from: THE DADGA on October 17, 2009, 04:30:53 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on October 17, 2009, 01:03:30 PM
Quote from: gaaaddict on October 16, 2009, 08:50:16 PM
Drumaness are playing St Pauls in Darragh Cross in Sunday
Is that a league game or relegation play off?
what time is that at? I know there's a hurling match on at 1pm sunday in DX. cont imagine t being after that. Wouldn be enough light?

3 o'clock throw in!!

umpire

Div one games
Rostrevor 2.7 Clonduff 2.17
Saval 0.9 Mayobridge 0.13

Square Ball

Bredagh and Drumgath drew this afternoon
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

centre 3/4s

We walloped town today they were poor... after beating them by near 20 points we were walking out when i overheard 2 of there spporters saying " our field is in some nick isn't it ?" there was me thinking football was about winning things

Mid Down Gael

Kilcoo where minus 6starters from the county final and still hammered our rivals the town 2-14 to 1-4. How sweet. :)

13aside

how come the league table for div.three shows glenn with sixteen wins and two draws having 33 points and tullylish given top spot with fifteen wins and three draws also 33 points- should glenn not have 34 points(down web site)

Minus15

Glenn have drawn one game away to Tullylish. It says 2 draws because the official score given for the abandoned match in Ardglass was 0-0 but no points were given to either team.

mournerambler

Any reports on how the 'meet & greet' the new manager went in the Canal Court last night?

mournerambler

Have to agree with you there rosskarr, Bryansford have been taken by the hand throughout this process, I think it's time for the County Board to realise that Bryansford are taking the p-ss out of them & that the County Board should buy out the remainder of Bryansford's contract which i'd guess isn't big rent.
At the end of the day a first Division club that doesn't own their own ground in the year 2009 shows, in my view a serious lack of ambition or maybe even laziness within that club, without showing disrespect to the Bright club who I think are 2nd from bottom of Division 4, they have a setup that a lot of clubs would be proud of mainly due to the drive, foresight & ambition of the committee & it's members.
It's time for Bryansford to stand on their own two feet & if that means a move to Donard Park then so be it

5 Sams

Harps drew with the Shamrogis this evening...one of our subs missed a penalty to win it :P :P

They were at full strength and Terry and Glen decided to use an experimental team which dominated them for most of the game but just couldnt put them away. Our esteemed colleague on here, the Wobbler, got us out of jail with a one on one save with about 10 to go. Insipid affair all around to be honest.
The Aristocrat Years

Long Ball

Kilcoo gave the Town 2nds a beating tonight in a game that was meaningless for the Town. Actually the town 2nds normally have a stronger team out. In fairness to Kilcoo though the dirty protest lookalikes and a couple of others were rested. Funniest moment of the day though was the Kilcoo linesman calling a Town player a 'Kilcoo w@nker' hahaha
Drive yer boot in her!!

13aside

is it true thad the much vauunted 'ford have not only been charging the rest of the county for using equipment that we(the rest of the county) paid for and installed in their premisis and their own players get to use free of charge but now have increased the 'rent' for their hospitality??

mournerambler

Quote from: 13aside on October 18, 2009, 02:20:23 PM
is it true thad the much vauunted 'ford have not only been charging the rest of the county for using equipment that we(the rest of the county) paid for and installed in their premisis and their own players get to use free of charge but now have increased the 'rent' for their hospitality??

I think the charge is for the use of their hall & not the equipment, but you are spot on when you say that the 'Ford get to use the equipment as part of this arrangement.

imagine

Quote from: 13aside on October 18, 2009, 02:20:23 PM
The calibre of people involved in that Club now is in stark contrast to the people and players from 25-30 years ago.

No1

Kilclief beat Glasdrumman 3-13 to 3-11.  Kilclief were 10 points down at one stage. :o