Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Blue

similiar teams only mcveigh must be sacraficed to have " clarke  " on the team and the J could quite easily be changed to M if the wee brother was to touch down in the near future.

1 Micky McAllister (Clan na Banna)
2 P O McConville (Clonduff)
3 G McArdle (Annaclone)
4 J Farrell (Rostrevor)
5 L Doyle (Liatriom)
6 K Duffin (Castlewellan)
7 L Sloan (Attical)
8 K King (Bryansford)
9 D Gordon (Loughinisland)
10 R Murtagh (Ballyholland)
11 B Coulter (Mayobridge)
12 D Hughes (Saval)
13 C Laverty (Kilcoo)
14 J Clarke (An Riocht)
15 J McGovern (Burren)
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

CHB1

1. M McCallister (Clann na Banna)
2. A Brannigan (Kilcoo)
3. M Cole (Rostrevor)
4. C McGovern (Burren)
5. L Sloan (Attical)
6. L Doyle (Liatroim)
7. D Rafferty (Shamrocks)
8. Kalum King (Bryansford)
9. D Gordon (Loughinisland)
10. A Carr (Clonduff)
11. B Coulter (Mayobridge)
12. D Hughes (Saval)
13. J/M Clarke (An Riocht)
14. P Fitzpatrick (Ballymartin)
15. R Murtagh (Ballyholland)

supersub

1 M McAllister (C Na Ba)
2 D Rafferty (shamrocks)
3 M Cole (Rostrevor)
4 K Duffin (castlewellen)
5 T Hanna (bryansford)
6 K McKernan (Burren)
7 A Carr (Clonduff)
8 D Gordan (Loughinisland)
9 A Rodgers (Longstone)
10 J Boyle (Warrenpoint)
12 D Hughes (Saval)
13 J Clarke (An Rioct)
14 R Murtagh (Ballyholland)
15 C Laverty (Kilcoo)

DownFan2010

1 M McAllister (C Na Ba)
2 D Rafferty (shamrocks)
3 M Cole (Rostrevor)
4 L Howard(Bryansford)
5 L Doyle (Liatrom)
6 K McKernan (Burren)
7 A Carr (Clonduff)
8 D Gordan (Loughinisland)
9 A Rodgers (Longstone)
10 J Boyle (Warrenpoint)
12 J McAreavey (Tullylish)
13 J Clarke (An Rioct)
14 R Murtagh (Ballyholland)
15 D Hughes (Saval)

DaddyLongLegs

Yesterdays Irish News (back page)

'If I was approached, I would give the offer serious consideration. If Armagh were interested in me, I would certainly think about it,' he told the Irish News.

McGrath was surprisingly not considered for a return to management with Down after Ross Carr left the post, and he admitted that it's a decision that still rankles with him.

When asked if the pain had started to ease, he replied: 'It hasn't really. I think it is one of those things that is going to linger.

'In saying that, I have got to move on. I can't allow my life to be overwhelmed by something that was devastating and very hurtful. It is still very much there and I just wouldn't be on top of the world at the moment.

'But it's up to me to make sure that it doesn't take a grip. No-one should allow that to happen because it would all sorts of inroads into you health and well-being.'

This claptrap from broken winged Pete really does my head in. Why doesnt he just move on instead of this whinging to the Irish News and to anyone elase who will listen?

DownFanatic

13aside

i agree that pete should move on,the emphasis should now be on wee james and his management team as they begin their reign with all down supporters behind them-UP DOWN 

Leo

Quote from: 13aside on September 23, 2009, 05:01:38 PM
i agree that pete should move on,the emphasis should now be on wee james and his management team as they begin their reign with all down supporters behind them-UP DOWN
Well said.
Unfortunately Pete is setting himself up for an even more embarrassing rejection by Armagh.
Fierce tame altogether

bikeflyer30

What if Pete does get the Armagh job and does a great job rebuilding them? will there be egg on some faces!!!!!!!

13aside

you're talkin' like a ha'penney book!!

Lecale2

Quote from: 13aside on September 23, 2009, 08:41:01 PM
you're talkin' like a ha'penney book!!

What does that mean in English (or Irish)?

Lecale2

dundrumite

Quote from: Dannymcfella on September 23, 2009, 06:02:06 PM
Quote from: DownFanatic on September 23, 2009, 04:09:20 PM

Are all the pigs in the race ex girlfriends of CV ;D

Naw theres 6 pigs racing, he hasn't had that many girlfriends  ::)

county colours

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/magpies-marty-clarke-heads-home-to-ireland/story-e6frf8w6-1225779189364

BREAKING NEWS: MARTY Clarke has walked out on the Magpies, citing homesickness and a "burning" desire to be a teacher.

The Irish-born onballer has spent three years at the Lexus Centre, but he said he missed his family too much, and so was leaving immediately to return to his homeland.

"My decision to return home was not an easy one. But I simply miss my home and the people close to me too much," Clarke said in a statement on the club's website.

"I also have a burning desire to be a teacher and I want to start that stage of my life as soon as possible."

After a stunning first year in the league, Clarke has struggled to cement his place in the side and said today his homesickness had affected his play.

"The latter stages of this year were forgettable ones on a football level. I suppose the uncertainty in my mind didn't help," he said.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Related Coverage

* NFL punting: Rocca to take punt
    * Comment: Pies face tough calls on list

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Clarke, who was a star in underage Gaelic football, said he looked forward to returning to his native game.

"I am also looking forward to playing Gaelic football again. I strongly believe my best moments of my sporting life are ahead of me and at this stage and I want to show them on the GAA stage," he said.

Clarke, who turns 22 in November, played 46 games with the Magpies.

He made his AFL debut in round 12, 2007 against Sydney after being temporarily elevated to the senior list due to a long-term injury, and earned a permanent spot on the senior list for the 2008 and 2009 seasons.