Quote from: stillsenior on September 16, 2009, 06:30:13 PM
Anybody know when Minor Championship Final is on

Same day as senior. 4th Oct.

Square Ball

Quote from: Mid Down Gael on September 16, 2009, 07:23:33 PM

a long day out for Kilcoo, will there be anyone left to look after the place?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: Square Ball on September 16, 2009, 07:27:26 PM

Wouldn think there will be too many left now. Not that many in it to start with. lol

Leo

Quote from: Square Ball on September 16, 2009, 07:27:26 PM

I can't imagine the local security lacking real continuity.
Fierce tame altogether

Mid Down Gael

Id go with: Excluding under 21s.

1. Declan Alder
2. Nial Brannigan
3. Aidan Brannigan
4. Ruari McArdle
5. Shane Ohare
6. Darren Cunningham
7. Miceal McCartan
8. Kallum King
9. James Colgan
10. Mark Poland
11. Michael Walsh
12. James McGovern
13. Conor Laverty
14. John Clarke
15. Colm Kearney

Leg End

is this for definate. Does this mean the junior and intermediate are both on 26th for Definate
we're here for a good time, not a long time

Lecale2

There's nothing "for Definate" when it comes to GAA fixtures!

DaddyLongLegs

Hear now that Pete McGath is complaining about the manager selection process. Does Pete expect some special treatment - does he forget how far his halo had slipped prior to the appointment of his successor.?
How many egoheads do we have in this county - first the embarrassment of Ross & co who just didnt know when to go and now Pete jumping up & down like a petulant child. My memorys not that good now, but I dont remember Paddy O'Rourke making a show of himself when things didnt work out - he left like a gentleman. dignity intact.

I totally despair with these others who seem to need/want their egos massaged on a regular basis. Mind you, it doent just happen at county level  - most clubs seem to own one or two as well!!!

Long Ball

I heard on the grapevine that Marty Clarke definitely is on his way home and won't be going back to Collingwood. Good news for Down if it's true- can any Mourne Men back this up?
Drive yer boot in her!!

13aside

comment on the second part of daddy long legs about ths ****holes around clubs (every club has them),the type of moron who disagrees wth a resonably good and thought out proposal for their club because they had'nt the brains to think about it in the first place and then mysteriously suggest the very same idea six months later!!

DaddyLongLegs

13aside, I think thats a fairly specific issue you might have with one individual in your own Club (doesn't sound like a pleasant chap though).
Im actually talking about a different animal altogether - egotistical head stuck up a ususally adequate backside who thinks the GAA world should bow to them in reverent respect. Sad development in the GAA species as many who have developed into this state have made reasonable or even significant contributions in the past but now believe they can live off that for the rest of their lives - they tend to think the GAA (either Club or County) is all about them, forget about the fact that there was a functioniing organisation there before they were even born and, sadly, forget the old truism "you're only as good as your last game".

washed_up

take your point 'daddy' and i can think of at least one nationally who fits the bill,but thankfully the vast majority remember that a lot of people gave up a lot of time (and no doubt money) to help them achieve their dreams.

Upperbann

Daddylonglegs good aul rant there. If your on about ego's then Down have none better than the new manager in place.  You've quite a bad memory also re. P O'R or maybe you weren't old enough when that debacle occured.  Down seem to make quite a habit of making a real mess of hiring and firing and this isn't the first time.  As far as i'm concerned everyone has the right of redress - it was on this very board that news of wee James appointment came to light - now if Pete McGrath found out from the paper and not from the 5 man committee / Co. Board of his failure to be selected - that is wrong! Some-one within the Down Co set-up has been leaking information on a regular basis and should be brought to task - it wouldn't be too hard to find out who!

hectorsheroes

Pete got f***ed over due to personal agenda's from what the grapevine is saying. He DID get asked about Down underperforming and he was told he wasn't good enough. Ridiculous way to treat a man who just brought two Ulster under 21 titles.

Bitta-Banter

If McGrath found out that he didnt get the job via the Irish News then that is a disgrace.He was led to believe that the announcement wouldnt be made for 3 weeks.He isnt aggrieved over McCartan getting the job over him, he is making the point about how County Board acted.Anyone know make-up of managerial sub-committee?