Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

True Blue

Quote from: Town Gael on August 28, 2009, 10:37:48 PM
Warrenpoint 2-08 Castlewellan 2-13
Liam Morgan was woeful as ref- he yellow carded the 'Point keeper for running thirty yards out of his goal towards the sideline to stick the boot in our 10 stone corner forward from behind as he bent down to pick the ball up- Morgan said  " Technically it was a red card"- how then can he only give a yellow? Luckily no serious damage was done. A very niggly game with both sides guilty of a lot of off the ball stuff but the 'Point corner back (No. 4) goading the Town forwards  about " Doing to you what we done to your players last Saturday night" was disgusting- a man lay on a life support machine with his family distraught only for someone to use their situation to annoy an opponent? That's not what the GAA is about.

was at the game tonight and i must agree with you town gael that our keeper should have been shown a red card for his antics, but this notion that our corner back was goading your team about last week must have been whispered in ears because i saw none of it or heard any of it, and if he did and none of your players didnt sort him out for such ignorance then more fool castlewellan. take nothing away from the game the better team won. by the way you say the ref was woeful. was it because of this one incident or were there other incidents that decisions didnt go the other way. i could have easily said that there were a number of decisions went against us but that is always going to happen in a game. why people come on this site and there first words are to blame the ref astonishes me.

wake up open the eyes and smell the coffee.
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost.

Town Gael

Quote from: True Blue on August 29, 2009, 12:04:16 AM
Liam Morgan was woeful as ref- he yellow carded the 'Point keeper for running thirty yards out of his goal towards the sideline to stick the boot in our 10 stone corner forward from behind as he bent down to pick the ball up- Morgan said  " Technically it was a red card"- how then can he only give a yellow? Luckily no serious damage was done. A very niggly game with both sides guilty of a lot of off the ball stuff but the 'Point corner back (No. 4) goading the Town forwards  about " Doing to you what we done to your players last Saturday night" was disgusting- a man lay on a life support machine with his family distraught only for someone to use their situation to annoy an opponent? That's not what the GAA is about.

was at the game tonight and i must agree with you town gael that our keeper should have been shown a red card for his antics, but this notion that our corner back was goading your team about last week must have been whispered in ears because i saw none of it or heard any of it, and if he did and none of your players didnt sort him out for such ignorance then more fool castlewellan. take nothing away from the game the better team won. by the way you say the ref was woeful. was it because of this one incident or were there other incidents that decisions didnt go the other way. i could have easily said that there were a number of decisions went against us but that is always going to happen in a game. why people come on this site and there first words are to blame the ref astonishes me.

The comment in question started the scuffle that took place in the Point goalmouth when the play was at the other side of the field.
The ref should have awarded2 if not 3 penaltys to Castlewellan all in the 2nd half although one of his decisions to ignore a blatant pulling down ot our forawrd resulted in the a goal for the Town anyway. I can also recall 2 occassions when Town men blantantly picked the ball up off the ground that went unpunished right infront of the ref. All I want in Down is consistent, decent refeering- it is not a refs job toeven up  a game

BRIDGE LAD

Why were there games on last night? I thought all games were changed to sat!

guevara

I agree the Ref was brutal but what you fail to state is fact your No 8 McGreevey shouldve got a straight Red & McGrady was lucky to be on the field for booting a player off the ball.
Our No14 couldve went too in a series of rows that started with the incompetency of a terrible referee.

I agree Castlewellan shouldve had definitely 1 if not 2 penalties.
And please stop spouting shite about what players allegedly said about the incident last week in Castlewellan. Doesnt help anyone & chinese whispers get out of hand.
I find it highly unlikely you would know what Warrenpoint No4 said unless you heard it directly?
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

Town Gael

Quote from: guevara on August 29, 2009, 12:54:00 PM

I agree the Ref was brutal but what you fail to state is fact your No 8 McGreevey shouldve got a straight Red & McGrady was lucky to be on the field for booting a player off the ball.
Our No14 couldve went too in a series of rows that started with the incompetency of a terrible referee.

I agree Castlewellan shouldve had definitely 1 if not 2 penalties.
And please stop spouting shite about what players allegedly said about the incident last week in Castlewellan. Doesnt help anyone & chinese whispers get out of hand.
I find it highly unlikely you would know what Warrenpoint No4 said unless you heard it directly?
Finty Definitely was guilty of striking on more than one occassion. I didn't see the McGrady kicking incident you mentioned but I take your word for it. There was far too much off theball stuff going on throughout the game, no need for it.
However your number 4 did say that - 100% fact- ask your keeper, full back or umpire. Perhaps I should also say that after the scuffle was over he apologised for his remarks but the damage was done

DownFanatic

St Johns v Dundrum is off today due to a death in the St Johns club.

angermanagement

According to the Irish Star Carr is threatening to take a civil case against the County Board over his dismissal, if true has the man completely lost the plot, the only person who would gain out of such a scenario is his solicitor who apparently has advised him that he has a good case.

mournerambler

Quote from: angermanagement on August 29, 2009, 06:28:08 PM
According to the Irish Star Carr is threatening to take a civil case against the County Board over his dismissal, if true has the man completely lost the plot, the only person who would gain out of such a scenario is his solicitor who apparently has advised him that he has a good case.

Back page headline in todays Irishmans News.

CĂșig huaire

Quote from: mournerambler on August 29, 2009, 06:44:25 PM
Quote from: angermanagement on August 29, 2009, 06:28:08 PM

Back page headline in todays Irishmans News.

Haven't seen the Irish News yet. Ross doesn't have a case. He was appointed for 3 years and that 3 years is now up. The CB chose not to renew his "contract" for whatever reason, but they were well within their rights to do so. In fact they could have asked him to go much sooner than they did. Ross needs to catch a grip of himself, he is beginning to look like a fool.

Can anyone post the article from todays paper?
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

DownFanatic

Saturday 29th August 2009
Get Match Results by Weekly e-mail (Click here to subscribe)

O Neills Down SFL Division 1
Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Comment   
Mayobridge  1-14 1-13 Clonduff  Mayobridge   

Friday 28th August 2009
Get Match Results by Weekly e-mail (Click here to subscribe)

O Neills Down SFL Division 1
Saval  0-15 2-11 Longstone  Saval   
Bryansford  4-5 0-6 Kilcoo  Bryansford   
Warrenpoint  2-8 2-13 Castlewellan  Warrenpoint   

O Neills Down SFL Division 2
Carryduff  1-8 1-9 Atticall  Carryduff   
Glasdrumman  1-8 0-11 Clann na Banna  Glasdrumman   

O Neills Down SFL Division 3
Ardglass  1-15 1-5 Drumaness  Ardglass   
Aghaderg  0-7 3-10 Teconnaught  Aghaderg   
Bredagh  1-4 2-9 Saul  Bredagh   
Drumgath  1-9 1-7 Tullylish  Drumgath   

O Neills Down SFL Division 4
Bright  1-4 3-11 Mitchels  Bright   
Aughlisnafin  1-3 3-14 St John Bosco  Aughlisnafin   
St Michaels  0-19 0-10 Dromara  St Michaels

guevara

Finty Definitely was guilty of striking on more than one occassion. I didn't see the McGrady kicking incident you mentioned but I take your word for it. There was far too much off theball stuff going on throughout the game, no need for it.
However your number 4 did say that - 100% fact- ask your keeper, full back or umpire. Perhaps I should also say that after the scuffle was over he apologised for his remarks but the damage was done
[/quote]

As I said rumours help no ones cause. FFS it was stated in the media that it was a group returning from Cage Fighting in Downpatrick  ::) & that they were all running around with their tops off!
& people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones!
Your sub threw a ball deliberately at a group of women & your bench were involved in telling these women "to f**k away off back to Div II yous tramps"
So next time you come on giving off remeber to include all the facts not just your watered down Castlewellan version!!
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

No1

Any results from the Reserve Championship?

Kilclief beat Teconnaught handy enough.

Mid Down Gael

Quote from: No1 on August 29, 2009, 09:11:11 PM
Any results from the Reserve Championship?

Kilclief beat Teconnaught handy enough.

Kilcoo thirds beat Glenn seconds 1-12 to 1-8.

umpire

Previous meetings.

2008 Quarter Final

Burren 3.13 Kilcoo 2.8

Burren
Martin Rocks;
Ronan McGovern, Ciaran Doyle, Ronan McGivern;
Chris McGovern 0.1, Dan McCartan, Gerard McCartan 1.1;
Anthony Cunningham, Declan Rooney;
Eamon Toner, Kevin McKernan 0.3, Conal McGovern;
James McGovern 0.6, Eoin McCartan 2.2, Kevin McGivern.
Subs used.
Ryan McGovern, Ciaran McGovern, Sean Murdock and Sean Ward.

Kilcoo
James Kane;
Niall Brannigan, Aidan Brannigan, Gerard McAvoy;
Brian O'Hanlon 0.1, Niall McAvoy, Conor Morgan 0.1;
Phemlin McGreevey, Martin McClean;
Damian Grant 0.1, Anthony Devlin 1.1, Paul Greenan 1.0;
Conor Laverty 0.1 Niall Morgan, Gary McAvoy;
Subs used
Paul Devlin 0.3, Dominic McAvoy and Noel Devlin.

2006 Quarter Final
Clonduff 2.7 Loughinisland 0.7

Clonduff
Robert Wilson;
John McPolin, Daniel McPolin, Mark McPolin;
Paul McConville, Paul Sheilds, Paudie Matthews;
Paul McShane, Aidan Carr 0.1;
Plunkett McConville 0.2, Conor O'Hagan, Jason Brown 0.1;
Finbar McConville 1.1, John Fegan 1.1, Shane Ward 0.1;
Subs used,
Eugene Brannigan, John Morgan and Francis Quinn.

Loughinisland
John Gibney;
Ryan Carville, Alan Molloy, Matthew Doran;
Willie Russell, Joe Doran, Conor O'Toole;
Niall McCartney, Dan Gordon 0.2;
Ciaran Fitzpatrick, Gary Gordon, Jamie O'Reilly;
Ben O'Reilly 0.2, Mark Valentine, John McCartney 0.1;
Subs used
Aaron Mulholland 0.2, Gareth Doran, James McClements and Gerard Colgan

Bacon

When's the next round of football championship matches?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009