Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegael

I am not surprised in the least by this behaviour at last night's meeting .I wonder at times about the wisdom of letting people address such meetings we had o'rourke pleading and now we have these clowns blaming everyone about Down's woes -referees and more!
Thankfully it is over no more of the clowns  !
We thanked them for their time and after all it is a job they wanted and so to talk about the effort they put in is nonsense why wouldn't they put effort into something they wanted but they must realise  nothing is forever and the clubs of Down have spoken - we do not want them.
In all seriousness a part of me  is glad they addressed the meeting because it lets everyone know how silly they are and it is really laughable and yes when I heard some of the things said I did laugh I'm sure most people did and I'm sure the odd good soul may have cried at the sheer patheticness of it all.

the gael takes no prisoners!

Town Gael

Quote from: angermanagement on August 27, 2009, 07:41:17 PM
Its all to do with the starred games. Its hardly fair asking teams to play games without the county players and getting relegated whilst on county duty. Its not the best scenario but its probably fairest to all concerned.
If a team does not have at least 30% of the points of the top placed team in the league are they relegated without a play-off as in previous years or are they guaranteed a play-off regardless?

Maiden1

Quote from: rosskarr on August 28, 2009, 12:19:27 AM
Word reaches me that my namesake made a complete eejit of himself tonight
at the county Board meeting.. To quote,as it was said to me "there is wiser locked up"

I don't understand this, Peter McDonnell won an ulster title with Armagh, Liam Sammon had Galway in third place in division 1 and they thanked all the players for the all the effort they put in, wished everyone good luck in the future and walked away.  Down managers have to go kicking and screaming.  They would be far better thanking everyone for the opportunity to manage for 3/4 years and wish the new manager success (having a moan about bad luck with injuries and the ref if they want).  They are like a couple of teenagers getting a knock back at the local disco that keep coming back for more  i.e.  they are starting to embarrassing themselves now.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

No1

Anybody care to tell us great unwashed what happened at the meeting?

We're not all in the inner circle.   ;D

I'd say tonight will be the last of the Friday night games, I hope the county board play the remaining games on Sundays instead of Saturdays.

JBD

Quote from: No1 on August 28, 2009, 10:23:16 AM

I'd say tonight will be the last of the Friday night games, I hope the county board play the remaining games on Sundays instead of Saturdays.

Ross Carr last night was allowed to speak to the County Board meeting,he apparently said the reason they lost to Wicklow was solely the ref's fault.In his first year it was his late appointment,the next year it was injuries.He attempted to justify his reasons for leaving certain players out,lack of respect and commitment,he talked about red diesel,stormont non appearance,mentioned people from Monaghan and Cork who said he was always going to be sacked,he reportedly said that a member of staff in the Canal court told him tjis also,wasn't his fault Down didn't turn up for the opening of st John's pitch,accused the board of misappropriation of money ,Newcastle,He threatened everyone with the courts, if the ordinary Gaa process didn't get him justice.
  Maybe what I'm being told is  wrong but if this true it's "goodnight irene" for the county board by allowing a clown to say these things at their meeting.

wobbller

Quote from: gorm agus bui on August 28, 2009, 10:36:43 AM
Quote from: JBD on August 28, 2009, 10:26:27 AM

Ross Carr last night was allowed to speak to the County Board meeting,he apparently said the reason they lost to Wicklow was solely the ref's fault.In his first year it was his late appointment,the next year it was injuries.He attempted to justify his reasons for leaving certain players out,lack of respect and commitment,he talked about red diesel,stormont non appearance,mentioned people from Monaghan and Cork who said he was always going to be sacked,he reportedly said that a member of staff in the Canal court told him tjis also,wasn't his fault Down didn't turn up for the opening of st John's pitch,accused the board of misappropriation of money ,Newcastle,He threatened everyone with the courts, if the ordinary Gaa process didn't get him justice.
  Maybe what I'm being told is  wrong but if this true it's "goodnight irene" for the county board by allowing a clown to say these things at their meeting.
This sounds quite farcical, but totally expected as the County Chairman apparently made a vitriolic attack on Carr at previous meeting alluding to all the things you have listed so he probably felt he should have a forum to answer these allegations
It was time for Ross to go but County Mgt Committee gave no lead on this at all and the manner of Carrs sacking was handled disastrously.
Think Mr Bell should consider his position in light of this debacle
Kevin Bell has every right to voice an opinion at meetings,what right had Ross to address a County meeting and to attack everyone? As a previous poster
said,can Down Managers not leave when they had their chance and give someone else a go?

johnneycool

Quote from: GaelicGames.In on August 28, 2009, 12:53:15 AM
Hi Lads,
Thanks for the help, who are these fellas?
Martin   Coulter_Jnr   Ballygalget      
Martin   Coulter_Snr   Ballygalget
Tom (Martin Snr)   Coulter   Ballygalget
are they all family? Or just fellas with the same name? Is there 3 of two fellas?

Martin Coulter snr and Tom are one and the same person. Martin jnr is a different person and goes by the nickname of dingy

redhandloo

Quote from: wobbller on August 28, 2009, 10:46:09 AM
Quote from: gorm agus bui on August 28, 2009, 10:36:43 AM

This sounds quite farcical, but totally expected as the County Chairman apparently made a vitriolic attack on Carr at previous meeting alluding to all the things you have listed so he probably felt he should have a forum to answer these allegations
It was time for Ross to go but County Mgt Committee gave no lead on this at all and the manner of Carrs sacking was handled disastrously.
Think Mr Bell should consider his position in light of this debacle
Kevin Bell has every right to voice an opinion at meetings,what right had Ross to address a County meeting and to attack everyone? As a previous poster
said,can Down Managers not leave when they had their chance and give someone else a go?
This whole incident just seems to drag on and on.  If the man is judged on his results, then the case should be closed.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Leo

What was the mechanism that allowed him to address the county baord meeting after his appointment had been terminated?
It seems very unusual and if rules were bent to facilitate it who engineered this?
Can I come along and vent my anger at the next meeting?
If a cliub or clubs facilitated this by proxy then shame on them for subverting the overall good of Down for what appear to be selfish interests - if not vindictive and narrow purposes.
The sad part is that a management team of whom much was expected failed to deliver and do not appear now have the maturity or good grace to accept that and move on.
These histrionics give even more credibility to the view that emerged over recent months that the senior team was lacking leadership and divisivion was being created where solid Down unity was required.
Get the message, lads,  and don't tarnish your reputations, properly earned as fine players, any further.
Fierce tame altogether

western exile

Quote from: Leo on August 28, 2009, 11:30:44 AM
What was the mechanism that allowed him to address the county baord meeting after his appointment had been terminated?
It seems very unusual and if rules were bent to facilitate it who engineered this?
Can I come along and vent my anger at the next meeting?
If a cliub or clubs facilitated this by proxy then shame on them for subverting the overall good of Down for what appear to be selfish interests - if not vindictive and narrow purposes.
The sad part is that a management team of whom much was expected failed to deliver and do not appear now have the maturity or good grace to accept that and move on.
These histrionics give even more credibility to the view that emerged over recent months that the senior team was lacking leadership and divisivion was being created where solid Down unity was required.
Get the message, lads,  and don't tarnish your reputations, properly earned as fine players, any further.
You have hit the nail on the head there leo  :-\

lroberts680

Is there an U16 Hurling Shield competition this year and if so when is it taking place and who is in it?

DownFanatic

Two good reasons for playing the games at 4pm or 5pm on a Saturday.

1: Teams with a load of soccer players on them will be understrength, e.g - Ardglass, Downpatrick etc. Because everyone knows that at this time of the year the soccerheads choose the ground ball over the GAA ball.

2: With games finishing around 6pm or so it gives us more drinking time. If games were on Sundays we wouldn't have the chance to beer on Friday or Saturday nights and Sunday night drinking is a no no in my line of work.

;D

dundrumite

Quote from: DownFanatic on August 28, 2009, 05:56:15 PM

Two good reasons for playing the games at 4pm or 5pm on a Saturday.

1: Teams with a load of soccer players on them will be understrength, e.g - Ardglass, Downpatrick etc. Because everyone knows that at this time of the year the soccerheads choose the ground ball over the GAA ball.

2: With games finishing around 6pm or so it gives us more drinking time. If games were on Sundays we wouldn't have the chance to beer on Friday or Saturday nights and Sunday night drinking is a no no in my line of work.

;D

I hear it is busy about the Albert clock area on a Sunday night alright  ;)

Square Ball

Has Ross gone down in peoples estimation after this alleged out burst?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

bikeflyer30

This Ross Carr story sounds more like april fools than being true can anyone confrim it?