Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No1

Will you for f**k sake stop predicting victories for either Kilclief or Down Minors.

You must have money on Darragh Cross and Mayo ye hoor ye.

;)

johnneycool

Quote from: No1 on August 26, 2009, 11:27:55 AM
[

I'll add these boys then:

Neil Sharvin  (Kilclief)

Karol Shields (Kilclief) - Dropped shortly after borrowing the manager's shoes to get into the Carrickdale on the way home from a match.   :D

Had to think who Neil Sharvin was then it came to me in a blinding flash, it's the bold Goozer, who had the misfortune of letting in 7 goals against Waterford but by all accounts it was shooting in and he made some fine saves to keep the score from really getting out of hand.
I suppose he's better known in hurling circles for his umpiring prowess these days and is on Ger Loughnanes christmas card list.

Out in Front

Quote from: lroberts680 on August 26, 2009, 01:30:10 PM
Thanks, its just that the local newspapers dont give hurling fixtures.

The only hurling fixtures/results you'll find in the Newry Reporter are for senior hurling and the reason for that is very simple, that's all we're sent - we get neither fixtures nor results for underage hurling in Down...and we have requested them.

Downboy

Poor excuse from the Newry reporter. Could you not use some investigative journalism and buy the irish news on a Tuesday and copy them?? ;)

No1

QuoteHad to think who Neil Sharvin was then it came to me in a blinding flash, it's the bold Goozer, who had the misfortune of letting in 7 goals against Waterford but by all accounts it was shooting in and he made some fine saves to keep the score from really getting out of hand.
I suppose he's better known in hurling circles for his umpiring prowess these days and is on Ger Loughnanes christmas card list.

Are you trying to distance yourself from that particular result?   ;)

johnneycool

Quote from: No1 on August 26, 2009, 03:47:16 PM
QuoteHad to think who Neil Sharvin was then it came to me in a blinding flash, it's the bold Goozer, who had the misfortune of letting in 7 goals against Waterford but by all accounts it was shooting in and he made some fine saves to keep the score from really getting out of hand.

Are you trying to distance yourself from that particular result?   ;)

I certainly am as our club was in preparation for an AI club semi-final and none of our lads took part.
I need to apologise as it was only 5 goals that day.
Final score 5-14 to 0-4.

Out in Front

Quote from: Downboy on August 26, 2009, 03:33:30 PM
Poor excuse from the Newry reporter. Could you not use some investigative journalism and buy the irish news on a Tuesday and copy them?? ;)

Ah...very good. Did that one week right enough a while ago but then asked why they could be sent to the Irish News and not us. Got them the next week and that was it.  ???

Town Gael

Taken from the Castlewellan Website

Castlewellan News

Theft from Club Changing Rooms

Cathoirleach

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

St Malachy's GAC Castlewellan wish to put on record our deep concern and regret about the recent theft of personal items including cash from a number of Loughinisland players taking part in the SFC quarter final game against An Riocht in St Malachy's Park Castlewellan on Saturday evening 22nd August.

We are at a loss to explain how this could have occurred in view of the security deployed by our club with 4 stewards assigned to the task of securing the changing rooms and ensuring they were locked at all times when both teams were on the pitch. We can state categorically that no persons gained access to the property via the entrance doors during the duration of the game.

Having inspected the building after the theft was reported we can confirm that small ventilation windows to the rear of the changing rooms overlooking the adjoining timber yard may present an opportunity for intruders to gain access, with some difficulty, although we cannot be sure of this.

We have reported this matter to the PSNI and will continue to co-operate with their investigations into the incident. We have received information about some youths seen scaling a wall adjacent to the timber yard from Newcastle Road during the game and would appeal to any persons with any knowledge about this or about the theft to contact the PSNI.

We will continue to review the security of our premises to ensure incidents of this nature do not reoccur but would remind players and officials that cash and personal items such as watches mobile phones etc are the responsibility of the owners and not St Malachy's GAC and should not be left unattended during games.

We regret very much that this has happened and that this will have marred for the players concerned their enjoyment of winning this crucial quarter final decider.

lroberts680

Any updates from the Castlewellan vs Ballyvarley match?

lroberts680

Sorry for the last post. Castlewellan winning by 4 at half time.

Lecale2

Could be a surprise on the cards!

lroberts680

Castlewellan Hurling has definetly turned a corner this year with a new managerial team. U16's in Championship semi and one win of the league (does anybody have an up to date league table), U14 in shield Final next week. Very good to see.

dundrumite

Quote from: niveaformen on August 26, 2009, 12:15:18 PM
Quote from: dundrumite on August 26, 2009, 10:24:38 AM
Quote from: niveaformen on August 25, 2009, 06:48:02 PM
Quote from: Blue Island on August 25, 2009, 09:20:56 AM
Quote from: niveaformen on August 24, 2009, 10:59:06 PM
Quote from: Mid Down Gael on August 24, 2009, 09:01:06 PM
Simi final Draw

Kilcoo v Burren
Clonduff v Loughinisland

Kilcoo Burren should be a great game. McKernan missing for Burren so i would give Kilcoo the nod here. As for the Loughinisland Clonduff game, dont have a clue what will happen Clonduff beat them twice in the league, but loughinisland never had a full team. Bit of a biased prediction, but going to say Loughinisland by 2. Think its absolutely hilarious that Loughinisland have got the easiest draw they could have two years in a row and now with a bit of luck could be in another championship final! :D :D

Mid down gael stated the same thing a few pages ago. Are you also suffering from the early dementia? Fully accept this years draw has been kind and although Clonduff will be favourites on current form, Burren and Kilcoo would be, looking at it objectively, the tougher draw.

However, those with short memory's seem to forget that when we beat Rostrevor and Burren on the way to the final last year they were (excepting Mayobridge) many peoples pick to win it on this board. I am assuming by your post you must consider Burren and Rostrevor easy touches.

No not early dementia, I just don't sit glued to this site and read every single post like a t**t ;D
Well last year we beat a poor Rostrevor side and were unbelievebly lucky against Burren, two, if not three, of them goals were as lucky as you could get. At the end of the day we were still in the final, but its laughable to think that Loughinisland could be in another final, given the terrible league form so far! And this coming from a Loughinisland man :D

Why join the site in the first place and start to post on it if it's for t**ts?  ::)

You cant just make things up dundrumite. Where did I say this site was for t**ts?

Apologies, reading every post like a t**t. Surely that is each person's prerogative and the way to keep up to date with the Down aspect of the board without being branded a t**t.Indeed if you did so you would not be repeating earlier posts.

dundrumite

Dromara pipped Bright by a point in the replayed JFC Quarter final tonight.

DownFanatic

Quote from: dundrumite on August 26, 2009, 09:05:19 PM
Dromara pipped Bright by a point in the replayed JFC Quarter final tonight.

Very enjoyable game. Dromara kept their cool under pressure in the 2nd half and did well to hold out.

Without wanting to disrespect Dromara, the team that gets them in the Semi Finals are guaranteed a place in the Final.